Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by crixus View Post
    NCAA is planning a one city bubble for the Big Dance due to Covid-19 concerns. Makes a lot of sense to me since the NHL did a great job with their bubble and the NBA did pretty good as well.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-ba...-indianapolis/
    Under normal circumstances that would be an amazing tournament and an unbelievable financial coup for the host city. Under current circumstances it certainly is the enlightened way to get to a NC with as little risk as possible.

Comment

• Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post

Under normal circumstances that would be an amazing tournament and an unbelievable financial coup for the host city. Under current circumstances it certainly is the enlightened way to get to a NC with as little risk as possible.
      Yea, putting 64 teams ( players, coaches, staff) in a bubble (lock down) in a big city (Most are going to be on a lock down by March), makes a lot of donkey dung! locked up in a hotel for 30 days, a bus ride to practice and games. On line learning. No interaction with others except on line. Conference rooms for team meetings. The women also get the same treatment?

Comment

NCAA is planning a one city bubble for the Big Dance due to Covid-19 concerns. Makes a lot of sense to me since the NHL did a great job with their bubble and the NBA did pretty good as well.

O/U on number of college kids that leave the bubble during the tournament?

Comment

• Originally posted by Turbonium View Post

I thought about that too. It's probably good for the rest of the country, but also probably going to be some level of hell for the health infrastructure of Indianapolis.

Comment

Really not that big a deal. First week 64 teams go to 16. Second week 16 teams go to 4. Third week 4 teams go to 1. NCAA has to specify that anyone who tests positive is out of the competition. More than 3 players and the team forfeits their slot. There's enough at stake that most players will recognize the seriousness of the situation.

Comment

Really not that big a deal. First week 64 teams go to 16. Second week 16 teams go to 4. Third week 4 teams go to 1. NCAA has to specify that anyone who tests positive is out of the competition. More than 3 players and the team forfeits their slot. There's enough at stake that most players will recognize the seriousness of the situation.
              You seem a bit out of touch with college kids.

Comment

You seem a bit out of touch with college kids.
                Not at all. But I do know the S&$# someone will catch from their teammates if his irresponsibility sends them home without a chance to compete. If someone were to act that stupid with all that's at stake, some coaches might seriously consider yanking their schollie and/or kicking them off the team. If they've played an entire C19 season with all that entails and can't control themselves for a few, 1-5, more games, they deserve whatever punishment comes their way.
                Last edited by CALUPA69; 11-17-2020, 06:03 PM.

Comment

Not at all. But I do know the S&$# someone will catch from their teammates if his irresponsibility sends them home without a chance to compete. If someone were to act that stupid with all that's at stake, some coaches might seriously consider yanking their schollie and/or kicking them off the team. If they've played an entire C19 season with all that entails and can't control themselves for a few, 1-5, more games, they deserve whatever punishment that comes their way.
                  I just see kids breaking team rules and missing national championship games, young dumb minds don't always make the best decision. I think it a moot point however as I don't think the season makes it that long. Here's to hoping.

Comment

I just see kids breaking team rules and missing national championship games, young dumb minds don't always make the best decision. I think it a moot point however as I don't think the season makes it that long. Here's to hoping.
                    Maybe so with first time programs but I feel pretty sure that the perennial powers, DUKE, UNC, WISC, NOVA, GONZAGA and so on realize what's on the table and won't jeopardize their chances for a stupid night out. When they're eliminated or win it all then they certainly will party, party, party !!!

Comment

I'm not sure if the NCAA has changed its view on tournament games in Oregon with the Supreme Courts ruling on sports betting, but Portland would have been a great choice too. Two arena right across the street from each other so teams could play at either easily, something that worked well for the Nike tournament a few years ago. They had a announcer walk between the two buildings and it took only about a minute or two to get between them.

I really hope they do something though for the cities set to host games these last 2 tourneys. Maybe have them host the next two that don't have set cities yet for the games. Some of the cities like Spokane and Boise wait decades between hosting as so few tourney games in the West and Atlanta I'm sure won't be hosting the Final Four any time soon if they need to re-bid.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wildcat Khan View Post

I'm not sure if the NCAA has changed its view on tournament games in Oregon with the Supreme Courts ruling on sports betting, but Portland would have been a great choice too. Two arena right across the street from each other so teams could play at either easily, something that worked well for the Nike tournament a few years ago. They had a announcer walk between the two buildings and it took only about a minute or two to get between them.

I really hope they do something though for the cities set to host games these last 2 tourneys. Maybe have them host the next two that don't have set cities yet for the games. Some of the cities like Spokane and Boise wait decades between hosting as so few tourney games in the West and Atlanta I'm sure won't be hosting the Final Four any time soon if they need to re-bid.
                        From what I heard on ESPN's Around The Horn, Indianapolis will probably be the choice because it's centrally located "sort of" on a nationwide basis and they could pull the tourney off with four arenas. There are colleges and high schools in the metro area and of course the arena where the NBA Pacers play. Indiana is basketball crazy, so some of their high schools have pretty big arenas as compared to most of the country. I can see why it's their first choice. It's not settled yet, but I think they'll get the nod. I personally don't care where they hold it, I just hope it happens.

Comment

• This weekend's Duke vs Wake Forest game is off due to positive Covid-19 tests.

https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...covid-19-tests

Comment

From what I heard on ESPN's Around The Horn, Indianapolis will probably be the choice because it's centrally located "sort of" on a nationwide basis and they could pull the tourney off with four arenas. There are colleges and high schools in the metro area and of course the arena where the NBA Pacers play. Indiana is basketball crazy, so some of their high schools have pretty big arenas as compared to most of the country. I can see why it's their first choice. It's not settled yet, but I think they'll get the nod. I personally don't care where they hold it, I just hope it happens.
                            Yes it is a good choice. Central I think makes a good choice especially for game start times. I just hope they don't put all the west coast teams in the 8;00 and 7:00 am start times.

Comment

• Latest postponements due to Covid-19. Original dates and rescheduled dates.
                              Texas at Kansas Nov. 21 Dec. 12
                              Louisville at Boston College Nov. 27 Dec. 12
                              Miami at Wake Forest Nov. 28 Dec. 5
                              Wake Forest at Louisville Dec. 5 Nov. 28
                              Western Carolina at North Carolina Dec. 11 Dec. 5

Comment

• PAC 12 to allow OOC games in 2020. The year is almost up and Covid-19 is spiking, I wonder how many taker's they'll get?

https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...football-games

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X