Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Middle Tennessee vs Florida Atlantic cancelled due to positive tests.

https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...e-due-covid-19

Comment

• Ravens vs Steelers moved to Tuesday.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...ue-coronavirus

Comment

• Pinstripe Bowl cancelled. What a bummer for the two teams that could have made it. I think that's the sixth bowl game that's been cancelled so far?

https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...virus-concerns

Comment

• Ohio State vs Illinois called off due to positive Covid-19 tests, including Buckeyes Coach Ryan Day.

https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...ighting-illini
          Last edited by crixus; 11-28-2020, 12:07 AM.

Comment

• #21 Florida State's first men's basketball game of the season vs Gardner Webb was postponed due to Covid-19.

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...meId=401260331
            Last edited by crixus; 11-28-2020, 04:07 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by crixus View Post
              Pinstripe Bowl cancelled. What a bummer for the two teams that could have made it. I think that's the sixth bowl game that's been cancelled so far?

https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...virus-concerns
              Hopefully several bowl games are canceled permanently. There are way too many.

Comment

• Originally posted by Turbonium View Post

Unless you're on the team going.

Comment

• Originally posted by Redwing View Post

Unless you're on the team going.
                  It's like a bowl game in D2 even though there is already a playoff system for teams deserving. Might as well just send everyone to a bowl game at this point. No one knows how to lose anymore it seems and mediocrity is rewarded.

Comment

• For the second time in as many weeks my alma mater San Jose State has had their football game cancelled at the last minute due to their opponents Covid-19 issues. This time it was Boise State that called it off. I'm all for following health and safety protocol, but I'm also burnt out on all this bad news and need another break.

Comment

It's like a bowl game in D2 even though there is already a playoff system for teams deserving. Might as well just send everyone to a bowl game at this point. No one knows how to lose anymore it seems and mediocrity is rewarded.
                      I get that perspective, but D1 bowl games offer a few more legit perks. First, both teams get to practice more and even play that one extra game. Then, there actually are some fun times at the host site. I've crossed paths with a few of the participants of Detroit's Quick Lane Change bowl. Every one of them loved the experience. And as even one more bonus, the players get some goodies. So, if the sponsors are willing to dole out the bucks, I'm ok with letting the games go on.

Comment

Add on this year that there won't be enough teams qualified with conferences not playing this fall or in the case of the B1G, Pac-12, and MWC starting way late so getting to 6 wins is incredibly hard before any scheduled Bowl Game. If the Bowl doesn't have enough money to move it back waiting on those conferences or it will interfere with another scheduled event, canceling makes the best sense.

Comment

• Originally posted by Redwing View Post

I get that perspective, but D1 bowl games offer a few more legit perks. First, both teams get to practice more and even play that one extra game. Then, there actually are some fun times at the host site. I've crossed paths with a few of the participants of Detroit's Quick Lane Change bowl. Every one of them loved the experience. And as even one more bonus, the players get some goodies. So, if the sponsors are willing to dole out the bucks, I'm ok with letting the games go on.
                          I have traveled with Air Force to the Oahu Bowl and other bowl games they've been invited to and seen and been treated to the perks associated with them, just think those perks should be earned rather than given out to teams that might barely be better than .500

Certainly glad for the teams that get that experience it just has gotten so watered down.

Comment

I have traveled with Air Force to the Oahu Bowl and other bowl games they've been invited to and seen and been treated to the perks associated with them, just think those perks should be earned rather than given out to teams that might barely be better than .500

Certainly glad for the teams that get that experience it just has gotten so watered down.
                            IMO this is why D2 and FCS FB have much more to offer than FBS. '19 D2 bracket featured 28 teams including 9-undefeated, 10-one loss and seven-two loss teams. The ARGOS of UWF won their final three games by an average of 6 points while eliminating three undefeateds. That is the exact opposite of watered down and why it deserves much more attention than it gets. So looking forward, fingers crossed, to the '21 season.

Comment

• Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post

IMO this is why D2 and FCS FB have much more to offer than FBS. '19 D2 bracket featured 28 teams including 9-undefeated, 10-one loss and seven-two loss teams. The ARGOS of UWF won their final three games by an average of 6 points while eliminating three undefeateds. That is the exact opposite of watered down and why it deserves much more attention than it gets. So looking forward, fingers crossed, to the '21 season.
                              I don't disagree, I've made the unpopular statement that D2 bowl games are a waste as only those who did not do enough to make the playoffs are invited. Of course saying such a thing causes feelings to be hurt.

Comment

I don't disagree, I've made the unpopular statement that D2 bowl games are a waste as only those who did not do enough to make the playoffs are invited. Of course saying such a thing causes feelings to be hurt.
                                If your team isn't in the bracket, except in very unusual cases, you shouldn't be playing November football. Other than video filler there is no reason to watch games between 7-4/6-5 teams as if the are worthy of being there. I'm actually happy that a number of potential 1st round picks are taking a pass on these trash games to avoid possible PRE-COMBINE injuries. If I'm a parent or agent totally support that choice.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X