Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I agree D2 is not nearly as watered down as FBS has gotten, I assume it will stay that way as D2 bowl games aren't profitable and so putting them on is a pretty big risk/investment.

Comment

• Originally posted by Turbonium View Post

I agree D2 is not nearly as watered down as FBS has gotten, I assume it will stay that way as D2 bowl games aren't profitable and so putting them on is a pretty big risk/investment.
      I think it will stay that way because D2, D3 and FCS teams have an actual competitive post season tournaments to aim for. If you're not in the tournament, winning a bowl game that very few see aside from attendees isn't really a great deal to brag about. What amazes me is that FBS is still not enthusiastic about a FB equivalent of MARCH MADNESS. A 16 team DECEMBER TO REMEMBER tournament using existing bowl venues in rotation for 1st, 2nd, semi and final would give FB fans 15 BOWL GAMES of ultimate significance. AND a real NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP GAME.

Comment

• Originally posted by laker View Post
        Now that the Sun Bowl won't be played, I think that the Bowl count is down to 34. I remember when there were about ten bowl games.
        Another one cancelled today, the Las Vegas Bowl. That's the tenth bowl game cancelled...so far.

Comment

• https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...leers-opponent

Comment

• I think that this is great. Innovation, ability to adjust, thinking outside of the box. Someone said that this is the first time a school had been awarded GameDay and then upgraded their opponent. BYU has opened as a ten point favorite.

Comment

I think that this is great. Innovation, ability to adjust, thinking outside of the box. Someone said that this is the first time a school had been awarded GameDay and then upgraded their opponent. BYU has opened as a ten point favorite.
              https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...just-one-month

Comment

I think that this is great. Innovation, ability to adjust, thinking outside of the box. Someone said that this is the first time a school had been awarded GameDay and then upgraded their opponent. BYU has opened as a ten point favorite.
                I wonder if BYU wins they can actually move up in the BCS rankings. They are getting really shafted this year for things out of their control like losing all their big games.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wildcat Khan View Post

I wonder if BYU wins they can actually move up in the BCS rankings. They are getting really shafted this year for things out of their control like losing all their big games.
                  honestly the worst thing about the committee is this: a three-score win in this game is worse than a one-score win, because a blowout validates all the narrative of a pretty good team running up the score against a poor schedule.

Comment

• Maybe they should move the game. Only politicians are allowed to go places in California.

Rose Bowl semifinal on Jan. 1 will not allow any fans because of COVID restrictions imposed by the state, county & city of Pasadena

Comment

Maybe they should move the game. Only politicians are allowed to go places in California.

Rose Bowl semifinal on Jan. 1 will not allow any fans because of COVID restrictions imposed by the state, county & city of Pasadena
                      That is pretty much all of the West Coast. Seattle still can't have fans in the stands for Seahawks games and I saw Philly was the same way on Monday night. I think places that don't allow fans out numbers where fans are allowed still. Of course this could all change with a vaccine now expected this month, although locally they are reporting to medical and first responders first.

At least LA is still allowing the Ram's and Chargers to play at home, unlike SF and Santa Clara county.

Comment

• Gonzaga/Baylor game today has been canceled shortly before tip off. Reports are that they are looking to reschedule this #1 vs #2 matchup.

Comment

Maybe they should move the game. Only politicians are allowed to go places in California.

Maybe they will move the bowl game to another location like in WW2, but not Durham, NC so they can have fans. ATT/Jones Stadium in Lubbock, TX or McAllen ISD Stadium in TX. Gotta stay warm!

Comment

• Originally posted by Packfootball View Post

Maybe they will move the bowl game to another location like in WW2, but not Durham, NC so they can have fans. ATT/Jones Stadium in Lubbock, TX or McAllen ISD Stadium in TX. Gotta stay warm!
                            I'd say also Arizona like for SF, but they have the Fiesta Bowl there. What about Vegas though and their new stadium?

Comment

• Division 2 reduces championship fields in winter and spring sports.
                              The Division II Administrative Committee approved a recommendation to reduce bracket and field sizes for the 2021 Division II winter and spring championships.

Comment

• Michigan just announced The Game is canceled. How fast with the BIG scramble to find a game for OSU?

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X