Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• From infrastructure to resources to promotion, the stage is far from even. and COVID-19 has made it even worse.
    Western New Mexico Mustangs

Comment

• The IOC says vaccine developers Pfizer and BioNTech will donate doses to inoculate athletes and officials preparing for the Tokyo Olympics, which start July 23.

Comment

• Another Tokyo Games-bound race walker K T Irfan has returned negative after he was tested as a primary contact of Johnson.

Comment

• Italy has announced that its entire team -- which currently numbers 237 athletes, coaches and staff members -- will received the COVID-19 vaccine prior to the upcoming Olympics in Tokyo.

Comment

• Some nurses in Japan are incensed at a request from Tokyo Olympic organizers to have 500 of them dispatched to help out with the Games amid the coronavirus pandemic.

Comment

• The women's world hockey championship has been rescheduled for late August, but the International Ice Hockey Federation has yet to determine a site.

Comment

• Originally posted by crixus View Post

I've been waiting for the Johnson & Johnson one shot vaccine. Well, I've finally got an appointment to get it next Friday. I've been avoiding people as much as possible during the pandemic. Just one more week to go and I'll be a member of the vaccination club. I'm glad you're back to normal and feeling better.
                Thanks!

It's a weird feeling - it feels like this whole thing is kinda just "over" now, like I crossed the finish line. Obviously, I still intend to wear a mask and distance - but between being younger, having already had the virus, and now being fully vaccinated, the threat to me personally is all but eliminated.

Sounds like things will be "back to normal" by early July if we can hang on - obviously the threat will still be there, but hopefully we can manage it as an endemic virus moving forward. That's my hope anyway.

Comment

• https://www.yardbarker.com/mlb/articles/zero_new_mlb_players_test_positive_for_covid_19_ov er_past_week/s1_13132_34846568

Comment

• Judson College of Alabama, an all women's school, is closing after 183 years.

https://www.insidehighered.com/news/...-and-debt-woes

Comment

• Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post

Thanks!

It's a weird feeling - it feels like this whole thing is kinda just "over" now, like I crossed the finish line. Obviously, I still intend to wear a mask and distance - but between being younger, having already had the virus, and now being fully vaccinated, the threat to me personally is all but eliminated.

Sounds like things will be "back to normal" by early July if we can hang on - obviously the threat will still be there, but hopefully we can manage it as an endemic virus moving forward. That's my hope anyway.
                      Yes, my wife and I had it a few months back. Wife ended up getting it at her part time gif for side cash at the local bar. Her coworker ended up having it, not knowing it and bringing it around the bar.

I agree it is such a weird feeling being across the "finish line". It just seems like we aren't even close. Though the governor seems to think we are close. Weird times my friend, weird times

Comment

• Originally posted by zimmy21 View Post

Yes, my wife and I had it a few months back. Wife ended up getting it at her part time gif for side cash at the local bar. Her coworker ended up having it, not knowing it and bringing it around the bar.

I agree it is such a weird feeling being across the "finish line". It just seems like we aren't even close. Though the governor seems to think we are close. Weird times my friend, weird times
                        I most likely got it at work. The weird thing is I tested negative, but my family all tested positive. It kinda blew through the office around the same time too. I tried locating an antigen test, but couldn't find one. Probably a moot point now.

Not nearly as bad as the time I got H1N1. Now that was really bad, though this ranks up there.

It depends on how you look at it. The United States has largely been getting better for the last few months (save for a mini-spike), but the rest of the world is exponentially worse. It's an odd feeling because things are getting better - and they aren't. My hope locally that better weather takes hold and we all go outside a lot. But I'm also not a doctor.

Comment

• Once 85% of the team � including players, coaches and staff � have been fully vaccinated, there will be much more freedom granted.

Comment

• Naomi Osaka is conflicted over whether the Tokyo Olympics should be held amid the coronavirus pandemic.

Comment

• Western New Mexico Mustangs

Comment

• Western New Mexico Mustangs

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X