Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• laker
    replied
    Well this is completely opposite of the CSU system. U-Cal system to be open in the fall.

https://www.mercurynews.com/2020/05/...tano-says/amp/

Leave a comment:

• sbkbghockey
    replied
    I missed this last week but I just saw that Owens CC in Toledo is suspending Fall and Winter sports with some hope for Spring 2021. I'm not super knowledgeable on them but I do know they are a pretty solid JUCO basketball program with a good record of moving players to NCAA DI and DII.

https://www.sent-trib.com/sports/owe...4ccf262ae.html

Leave a comment:

• Sec10-A-14
    replied
    While I wish them luck, a small school (@800 wiki) and a small town (@ 1300 wiki), I think it might be tough to pull in enough to support a program. Could it be a strategy to increase enrollment.

Leave a comment:

• Argonut
    replied
    Talk about overcoming obstacles to start a football program-fly high Fleet!

Leave a comment:

• crixus
    replied
    When I started this thread I didn't think it would last near this long, but there's been a lot of bad news because of the coronavirus pandemic. I've lost track of all the sports programs that have been cut and seasons that have been cancelled. *On a positive note, Erskine College of Due West, South Carolina is supposed to begin playing football this coming fall after a 69 year hiatus. As far as I know they haven't changed their plans, so here's to Flying Fleet football (a D2 independent in 2020).
    Last edited by crixus; 05-20-2020, 06:45 AM.

Leave a comment:

• laker
    replied
    Originally posted by Tech Boys View Post

Central Michigan may not be able to drop these two sports since it will drop them to below the minimum for D1 men's sports.
    I read that. The AD is hoping for the NCAA to give them a waiver. Must be hoping for sympathy from them- good luck with that.

Leave a comment:

• Tech Boys
    replied
    Originally posted by UFOILERFAN View Post
    Central Michigan discontinues men's track and field.
    Central Michigan may not be able to drop these two sports since it will drop them to below the minimum for D1 men's sports.

Leave a comment:

• Mk63NuclearBomb
    replied
    Originally posted by UFOILERFAN View Post
    Once upon a time, the MAC was a force in track and XC. Now members are dropping it like a hot potato to save money.

Leave a comment:

• UFOILERFAN
    replied

Leave a comment:

• laker
    replied
    Originally posted by crixus View Post

I read an article years ago when they joined the WAC that Chicago State was on the verge of closing it's doors due to financial problems. I guess the state of Illinois bailed them out.
    That place has been mismanaged for years. The last I read it had a graduation rate of 13%. It should be merged with Governors State.

Leave a comment:

• crixus
    replied
    Originally posted by laker View Post
    I read an article years ago when they joined the WAC that Chicago State was on the verge of closing it's doors due to financial problems. I guess the state of Illinois bailed them out.

Leave a comment:

• laker
    replied
    @CSUBaseball

Leave a comment:

• laker
    replied
    Furman drops baseball and men's lacrosse.

https://www.greenvilleonline.com/sto...ms/5216396002/

Leave a comment:

• laker
    replied
    Originally posted by Sec10-A-14 View Post
    Very small school 135 students Don't think they had any ath teams.
    Actually they did. I was at this game in New Ulm. The women's game was cancelled because NCC didn't have enough players after a loss at Mankato Bethany. The Martin Luther men won pretty easily. I'll be brutally honest- I never played soccer except in phy ed, but I could have done better than half of their men's players when I was their age.

SEP 2 (MON) 1 P.M.
    VS
    NEBRASKA CHRISTIAN
    NEW ULM, MINN. MLC SOCCER FIELD
    W, 8-0

Leave a comment:

• crixus
    replied
    Originally posted by MStateMaverick View Post

Enrollment at 120 after they merged a few years ago, then down to 85 or so at present. It was mentioned they added intercollegiate athletics to stimulate enrollment, but what sports could such a small enrollment support?
    They had Men's basketball and soccer and Women's basketball and soccer. https://nccsentinels.com/

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X