Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• laker
    replied
    The University of Minnesota has announced that summer classes will be online only because of concerns about the coronavirus outbreak.

Leave a comment:

• laker
    replied
    Stewart's softball field.

Leave a comment:

• laker
    replied
    Hector's baseball and football field. Look beyond the goal post and you'll see the house of Curt Sampson, who owns the Canterbery race track.

Last edited by laker; 04-06-2020, 09:32 PM.

Leave a comment:

• laker
    replied
    All three towns of BLHS had their lights on tonight.

Buffalo Lake softball diamond- also where I played HS football and baseball. This was a fun place to play softball.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EU-AeyKX...jpg&name=large

Leave a comment:

• laker
    replied
    Breaking: The PGA TOUR has announced the rescheduled dates for three of golf's major championships. PGA Championship: Aug. 6-9, 2020 U.S. Open: Sept. 17-20, 2020 The Masters: Nov. 12-15, 2020

Leave a comment:

• laker
    replied

Leave a comment:

• MStateMaverick
    replied
    I would not be surprised at all to see more sports dropped at Division II institutions around the nation; financial realities being what they are becoming.

Leave a comment:

• laker
    replied
    Old Dominion drops wrestling. How many other schools will drop some or all sports? Or even close?

https://collegead.com/adnews/old-dom...-discontinues/

Leave a comment:

• laker
    replied
    American Legion baseball season canceled in North Dakota

Leave a comment:

• laker
    replied
    BREAKING: Tokyo Olympics has been rescheduled to July 23, 2021

Leave a comment:

• crixus
    replied
    Originally posted by Mk63NuclearBomb View Post

This was the obvious choice, but a lot of sports that wouldn't be in the spotlight otherwise are going to be hurt by a lack of eyeballs for another year.
    I was really looking forward to Rugby Sevens.

Leave a comment:

• Mk63NuclearBomb
    replied
    Originally posted by crixus View Post
    They've all fallen, as of today the Summer Olympics have been postponed for one year.

This was the obvious choice, but a lot of sports that wouldn't be in the spotlight otherwise are going to be hurt by a lack of eyeballs for another year.

Leave a comment:

• crixus
    replied
    They've all fallen, as of today the Summer Olympics have been postponed for one year.

Last edited by crixus; 03-24-2020, 01:07 PM.

Leave a comment:

• laker
    replied
    Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post

I'm guilty of it myself at times. I think that's just the way things are these days. In 20-30 years, we'll be asking why kids don't text anymore and just beam information into each others' brains.
    Sounds like Zager & Evans!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=izQB2-Kmiic

Leave a comment:

• SW_Mustang
    replied
    Originally posted by laker View Post

A few years ago Chris Schmidt from BLHS-Hutchinson was wrestling in Hector. I've picked rocks with him- great kid- so I was there to watch. Now he finished 3rd in the state an later finished 2nd in the nation for Ridgewater in junior college. Anyway, he is wrestling. I look around at his classmates- most of them were sitting there texting. I felt like walking around, grabbing the phones and stomping on them. A buddy of mine said he walked into a restaurant- six HS kids sitting at a booth- all of them texting someone else. So much for group conversation.
    I'm guilty of it myself at times. I think that's just the way things are these days. In 20-30 years, we'll be asking why kids don't text anymore and just beam information into each others' brains.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X