Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2010-2019

What three teams do you think were your favorite program's best year or two?

Originally posted by Brandon View Post
    What three teams do you think were your favorite program's best year or two?

2004 definitely.

vs. Pitt State. Best game ever!
    OOppps. 2004. Sorry.

If you're bored like me, you can watch complete game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HN_QwCvDduA
    Last edited by Wide_Right; 03-23-2020, 08:34 AM.
    <>

Comment

Originally posted by Wide_Right View Post

2004 definitely.

vs. Pitt State. Best game ever!
      OOppps. 2004. Sorry.

If you're bored like me, you can watch complete game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HN_QwCvDduA
      Hard to watch after the Philpot injury.

Comment

1. An amazing game. Driving 615 miles ... and then to see us 14- 0 in the second quarter .. I was thinking we're gonna get rolled.
        When Clavin English leveled Germain on that interception, that changed the whole dynamics of the game. With rule changes, that hit is
        illegal .

2.) I was so impressed the Gorilla fans. When the clock hit 00:00 the players slowly walkied off the field, stunned.
        Then the Pitt fans all stood up and gave them a rousing cheer and applause. I was sorry someone had to lose ...
        <>

Comment

Southwest Minnesota State University - 2013 and 2015.

In 2013, we made our first D2 postseason with a loss in the Mineral Water Bowl. Finished 7-5 overall, with a Harlon Hill Finalist.

In 2015, the Mustangs exploded out of nowhere to win their first 4 games and finished the season 8-3, barely missing another Mineral Water Bowl.

Honorable mention goes to 2016, when the Mustangs knocked off #25 University of Minnesota-Duluth in week 1 for their first win over a ranked opponent - however the season was filled with injuries and didn't amount to much after that.

Comment

MSU-Mankato

2012- semi final loss to Valdosta. Win over Northwest in 2 OTs was the highlight of the year.
            2014- final loss to CSU-Pueblo. Win over Pitt in OT was the highlight of the year.
            2019- final loss to West Florida. Win at Slippery Rock was the highlight of the year.

Comment

2015 and 2016 for Emporia State.
              Went 11-3 in 2015 and advanced to the regional final. Two losses to eventual national champion Northwest Missouri and a three-point loss at Fort Hays State. Beat the NSIC Champion Minnesota State and GAC Champion Henderson State, on the road in the playoffs.
              Went 11-2 in 2016. Lost to NWMSU in the first game of the year with a rookie QB, then rolled off 11 straight including a 59-26 win over UMD in the playoffs, before losing to NWMSU in the playoffs.
              I watched both championship games in person those two years and am convinced Emporia State was good enough to win the national championship if not for the Bearcats.

Comment

2011 for Pitt in that time frame. Some nice comebacks in that season, and a NC to cap it off.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                Working...
                X