Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sports Trivia Thread

Some said we should start one. If you answer a question, you have to ask the next one. Should be fun. Who wants to start?

What are the two rarest ways to score in American football?
    National Championships Are Cool!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Dave in Minnesota View Post
      Do you mean like a quarterback catching his own pass or do you mean method, like safety or the old one point run in on the extra point before they added the two point conversion?

Comment

What the play is actually called.
        Like a TD or FG

Comment

There is some weird obscure way for an opposing team to score 1 point on an extra point, not the team that scored the touchdown, but the team that is on defense. It has to do with the ball somehow going out of the opposite endzone, or something really strange. Some guy was telling me about it at work a few months back and I didn't believe him and looked it up, and sure enough, there is a way for the opposing team to score 1 point after a touchdown. Even after reading up on the rule, I was still quite confused.
          Last edited by sportsvine; 03-31-2020, 11:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by sportsvine View Post
            There is some weird obscure way for an opposing team to score 1 point on an extra point, not the team that scored the extra touchdown, but the team that is on defense. It has to do with the ball somehow going out of the opposite endzone, or something really strange. Some guy was telling me about it at work a few months back and I didn't believe him and looked it up, and sure enough, there is a way for the opposing team to score 1 point after a touchdown. Even after reading up on the rule, I was still quite confused.
            You are correct for 1 of the 2 ways. It is called a one point safety

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vsKSBoou1jo

Comment

Safety and return of extra point?

Who was coach that popularized the use of forward pass with single wing team of native Americans?

Comment

Originally posted by Argonut View Post

Safety and return of extra point?

Who was coach that popularized the use of forward pass with single wing team of native Americans?
                Nope the return of the extra points happens a few times of year just in college and even in the pros.

A little hint it has to deal with kicking, and it was most recently done in the pros and by recently was in the 05 NFL season

Comment

Free kick after a fair catch

Comment

And it should be pointed out that each level of football (HS, College, NFL, XFL) has different rules around scoring.

Comment

Drop kick

Comment

Originally posted by Gliac_fan10 View Post
                        Drop kick
                        Gliac fan with the win.

Running cat was close.

Comment

Originally posted by sportsvine View Post
                          There is some weird obscure way for an opposing team to score 1 point on an extra point, not the team that scored the touchdown, but the team that is on defense. It has to do with the ball somehow going out of the opposite endzone, or something really strange. Some guy was telling me about it at work a few months back and I didn't believe him and looked it up, and sure enough, there is a way for the opposing team to score 1 point after a touchdown. Even after reading up on the rule, I was still quite confused.
                          That happened to Kansas State a few years ago. I assumed it was one of the answers.

Comment

Originally posted by Runnin' Cat View Post
                            Free kick after a fair catch
                            Went through and redid some basic math. Your answer is probably more right.

Running Cat fire off a question.

Gliac fan10 fire off a question too.

Comment

Gliac fan with the win.

Running cat was close.
                              Seattle almost had to do this 2 years ago when Janikowski got hurt in a game. Dixon was practicing drop kicks.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X