• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• D2Football.com All-Decade Team

https://www.d2football.com/2010-2019-all-decade/

Great stuff. Thank you!

Comment

I thought this was very well put together. No glaring omissions jumping out at me.
      2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

With 3 NC's in the decade, AD was the logical choice, pictured here at Florence in 2013:
        I was going to say 'no-brainer" but didn't want to insult Brandon. ;)

Comment

Brandon at Braly:
          Last edited by NW Normal; 04-08-2020, 09:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by KleShreen View Post
            I thought this was very well put together. No glaring omissions jumping out at me.
            Thanks Kle. Got one good email from an SID about one of his players and some idiotic pushback on Twitter from a few random people. We spent well over a month on this thing. Most complaints simply demonstrate that people don't know what they don't know. One program that had a total of two playoff wins in the decade thought they should have four players.

Comment

Comment

Don't tell that to some Missouri Western fans on Twitter. They thought Michael Hill, David Bass, and Michael Jordan should have been on there as well. I admire thinking your teammates are great, but their program won three playoff games all decade. If that's the case, Northwest and Valdosta should have had 30 players on the team. People simply don't know what's out there but they sure don't mind piping up like they do.

I think the way the Northwest program is operated speaks more to having a bunch of really good players than a few great players and mediocrity around them. They did have a lot of great players, however.

Defensive line was the toughest by far. Bass, Zach Moore, Armonty Bryant, Ty Powell, and Nathan Shepherd were all drafted by the NFL and didn't make it.

Soy being hurt his last year really hurt his chances. Had he come close to his 2009 season again he would have made it.

Hill had that same issue. He had one great season but over his career averaged 5.3 yards per carry while the others were 6.2 or above. Watson versus Garnder was the final deliberation.

I saw Rodgers in person and thought Perez was better. I would, obviously, take Amedro over Perez.

Comment

Would have liked to see Kenny Moore on 2nd team (VSU). Although small for his position, he could light it up.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kenny_...ican_football)

p.s. Amedro was a beast. did he end up playing after college?

Last edited by Wide_Right; 04-09-2020, 08:41 AM.
                  <>

Comment

Last edited by twolfbenchwarmer; 04-09-2020, 10:26 AM.

Comment

Good observations. McDondle/Ekeler was the 1/2 discussion. Quiteh was 1 of 1.

Darius Allen was great as well and in consideration. The thing about the DL, there were so many good ones that if you started with any of them singularly, like Allen, and you thought about the concept of an all-decade team, you'd think for sure that he was on it. I thought that about Zach Moore as well when I started the process.

If we had a third team, Dustin Vaughan from WT would have been the quarterback. Even though Dvorak had 14,608 total yards to Vaughan's 13,608, Vaughan had more postseason success which would have given him the nod. catbacker07 had previously mentioned Amedro. He had 14,598.

Comment

Brandon. Great list. And I really appreciate you responding to folks. Most of the times when a list comes out one rarely hears the why's and why nots. It's pretty cool when you give some background with the list's development. Much appreciated and respected!
                        Last edited by Redwing; 04-10-2020, 12:19 PM.

Comment

If this was just college I would argue maybe Martin or Thornton over Meder but other than that It is a great list. You can tell a lot of time was put in there. My only two minor beefs are that I would have put Fusco ahead of Joe Long and Thornton or Martin ahead of Meder. Not putting those guys down but I think the next level play of Thornton and Fusco showed they were truly elite D2 players. Those are very minor tweaks. Nobody major missing from the two teams either.

Comment

Originally posted by Josh Buchanan View Post

If this was just college I would argue maybe Martin or Thornton over Meder but other than that It is a great list. You can tell a lot of time was put in there. My only two minor beefs are that I would have put Fusco ahead of Joe Long and Thornton or Martin ahead of Meder. Not putting those guys down but I think the next level play of Thornton and Fusco showed they were truly elite D2 players. Those are very minor tweaks. Nobody major missing from the two teams either.
                            Thanks Josh. I have five or six handwritten pages of notes. I think the process was about a month.

Comment

Originally posted by Redwing View Post
                              Brandon. Great list. And I really appreciate you responding to folks. Most of the times when a list comes out one rarely hears the why's and why nots. It's pretty cool when you give some background with the list's development. Much appreciated and respected!
                              Thanks Redwing. I'll engage in any criticism that is fair and reasoned. If idiots on Twitter just want to drop bombs, I won't.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X