Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Surprised AdamThielen not listed at wide out.

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post

Thanks Josh. I have five or six handwritten pages of notes. I think the process was about a month.
      I can tell. It is great stuff. My only question is was there a player super close to making it for you or did you feel the names on here are clear cut with nobody that you feel have a strong argument either way?

Comment

Originally posted by Josh Buchanan View Post

I can tell. It is great stuff. My only question is was there a player super close to making it for you or did you feel the names on here are clear cut with nobody that you feel have a strong argument either way?
        Oh no there were a lot that were close to making it. It was a variety.

Like at QB. It clearly was Vander Laan. He was the easy #1. Picking the #2 was tougher and I already said that Vaughan was in the mix there for sure.

I don't want to go too in detail because it can be perceived as cheapening it for those that did make it.

Comment

Originally posted by Gorilla John 92 View Post
          Yeah. He was a good player but he has been at his best in the NFL.

Comment

Originally posted by Gorilla John 92 View Post
            He was my favorite player at MSU when he played, but he didn't really break out until his senior year. Having watched both players throughout their careers, Zylstra had a much better college career. Thielen worked his tail off to make it to where he his today. I hope that Zylstra gets a chance to show what he can do.

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post

He was my favorite player at MSU when he played, but he didn't really break out until his senior year. Having watched both players throughout their careers, Zylstra had a much better college career. Thielen worked his tail off to make it to where he his today. I hope that Zylstra gets a chance to show what he can do.
              This was exactly my analysis. I think the good thing about Zylstra is that he has a frame that would allow him to play TE.

Comment

Brandon and team, great job on this. A lot of fun to go over the list.

Yeah, Adam Bighill, one of my favorite Wildcats.

Comment

Originally posted by NW Normal View Post
                  With 3 NC's in the decade, AD was the logical choice, pictured here at Florence in 2013:
                  I was going to say 'no-brainer" but didn't want to insult Brandon. ;)
                  If only AD knew how to wear sunglasses....

Comment

It was nice to see a Humboldt State player (RB Ja'Quan Gardner) on the list.

Happy Easter everybody!

Comment

Originally posted by crixus View Post
                      It was nice to see a Humboldt State player (RB Ja'Quan Gardner) on the list.

Happy Easter everybody!
                      Alex Cappa, too.

Comment

I thought the list was pretty dang solid. Only 2 guys I maybe would've included instead based on guys I saw play, but was okay with guys that were chosen. And only 1 guy who I would have completely left off (Janoris Jenkins, who had 1 mediocre year at UNA despite playing competition he should have dominated). Gardner from Humboldt had a very good career but (and this is just my opinion) was not the best running back I saw CN play against.

Comment

Alex Cappa, too.
                          Thanks, I missed him. No disrespect meant for the OL, better get my eyes checked.
                          Last edited by crixus; 04-12-2020, 06:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by canadarican View Post
                            I thought the list was pretty dang solid. Only 2 guys I maybe would've included instead based on guys I saw play, but was okay with guys that were chosen. And only 1 guy who I would have completely left off (Janoris Jenkins, who had 1 mediocre year at UNA despite playing competition he should have dominated). Gardner from Humboldt had a very good career but (and this is just my opinion) was not the best running back I saw CN play against.
                            When I saw Gardner play he was held to 24 yards on 14 carries...ha ha ha. Once, I saw Danny Woodhead held to 16 yards on 16 carries. I thought Jenkins was the most athletic corner I had seen in person watching Division II.

I think we all fall for in performances against our team or in person. I would guess that the entire UNA team thought they played poorly that day. In fact, their quarterback came on the message board and said something to that effect.

Comment

When I saw Gardner play he was held to 24 yards on 14 carries...ha ha ha. Once, I saw Danny Woodhead held to 16 yards on 16 carries. I thought Jenkins was the most athletic corner I had seen in person watching Division II.

I think we all fall for in performances against our team or in person. I would guess that the entire UNA team thought they played poorly that day. In fact, their quarterback came on the message board and said something to that effect.
                              The day I saw Gardner he had 30 Carrie's for 130some yards. Now the homer in me wants to mention Antonio Wimbush had more yards on fewer carries (wink lol). But From a talent perspective, I dont think he was as good as Jonas Randolph from Mars Hill as just one example.

in regards to Jenkins, here's my question. Yeah the dude probably was the most gifted and athletic, but if they dont put up numbers to help the argument it seems to be a little challenging to place how good they really were...right?

And Idk if the game you mentioned was the UNA vs CN playoff game? Difference in that game was CN had their number one back healthy. Wakefield didnt play in regular season matchup.

Comment

Don't tell that to some Missouri Western fans on Twitter. They thought Michael Hill, David Bass, and Michael Jordan should have been on there as well. I admire thinking your teammates are great, but their program won three playoff games all decade. If that's the case, Northwest and Valdosta should have had 30 players on the team. People simply don't know what's out there but they sure don't mind piping up like they do.

I think the way the Northwest program is operated speaks more to having a bunch of really good players than a few great players and mediocrity around them. They did have a lot of great players, however.

Defensive line was the toughest by far. Bass, Zach Moore, Armonty Bryant, Ty Powell, and Nathan Shepherd were all drafted by the NFL and didn't make it.

Soy being hurt his last year really hurt his chances. Had he come close to his 2009 season again he would have made it.

Hill had that same issue. He had one great season but over his career averaged 5.3 yards per carry while the others were 6.2 or above. Watson versus Garnder was the final deliberation.

I saw Rodgers in person and thought Perez was better. I would, obviously, take Amedro over Perez.
                                I saw that pushback. It's all very subjective. I think Bass has the strongest case, but also the strongest competition.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X