Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post

I think we hit our peak in Minnesota. It was looking like it was going to get pretty rough, and then they must have gotten the infrastructure under control. Some states are just now starting to see it get bad though from the info I'm looking at. Should be an interesting summer I guess.

Comment

• Read good article in Sports Illustrated dated June 2 about testing for college football that covered plans and concerns of doctors and schools. In summary these were some of main points:

-Voluntary workout testing frequency ranges from none to everyone.

-Testing frequency ramps up for preseason practice and again for games.

-A variety of tests to be used including saliva batch test where up to 20 players tested and hopefully cleared in one combined sample. All tests have their own benefits and detriments including false positive and negative potentials.

-Asymtomatic spread is the greatest among healthy young people like athletes.

-Football players are being used as guinea pigs to determine how to reopen schools.

-Testing costs and diversion of limited testing supplies to football vs. community are a concern.

-Example of USS Teddy Roosevelt asymtomatic spread and one sailor death makes experts nervous since it is the best test case so far that may be applicable to football.

Looking at a couple of positive reports of testing results so far there was one positive out of 237 (Players and staff) tested at Iowa and three positives out of 60 (players) tested at UCF, which is encouraging at this point of season.
      Last edited by Argonut; 06-12-2020, 12:56 AM.

Comment

• That is a definite possibility. We've also reopened somewhat, so that could cause another spike too.

Comment

• I went on NCAA site to see if they had any information on fall sports. Could not find anything?!
          <>

Comment

• Originally posted by Wide_Right View Post
            I went on NCAA site to see if they had any information on fall sports. Could not find anything?!
            I don't think there's really a concensus yet on what's going to happen. There are too many layers involved, IMO. The NCAA could say one thing, states, schools, and even university systems could say another.

Comment

• Yes, it's rather confusing. However, the NFL is going to have a full schedule .. They are not going to lose out on millions of revenue, And perhaps NCCA (football) will follow their protocols.
              <>

Comment

• Comment

• I'm afraid you're right. And we have a championship team from last year. Well Snap !! (VSU)
                  <>

Comment

• Originally posted by Wide_Right View Post

I'm afraid you're right. And we have a championship team from last year. Well Snap !! (VSU)
                    West Florida has the championship team. VSU was solid in the 90s.
                    * 2022 BACK 2 BACK GSC CHAMPIONS and D2 FINAL 4
                    * 2021 GSC CHAMPIONS
                    * 2019 D2 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS
                    * 2017 D2 NATIONAL RUNNER-UP

Comment

• That's more about the total number of games teams can play now.

Comment

• To BSudad just so you know there have been more cases lately between ages 18-35 With the reopening of beaches an states not including the Protest the Cases are on the rise again. Well I am that 68 yr old grandparent who enjoys my grandson playing ball. However, him being a senior, I am not ready to gamble his life or any kid on IUP just to have a season or to appease someone like you. Its not about being scared uts common sense.

Comment

• Then respond in kind, I figured some big tough guy could handle some words on the internet. You seem to be trying so hard to prove how masculine you are with every post it just seemed natural to drive a big truck too. I also gave my viewpoint and unapologetically stand by it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ballin51 View Post
                            To BSudad just so you know there have been more cases lately between ages 18-35 With the reopening of beaches an states not including the Protest the Cases are on the rise again. Well I am that 68 yr old grandparent who enjoys my grandson playing ball. However, him being a senior, I am not ready to gamble his life or any kid on IUP just to have a season or to appease someone like you. Its not about being scared uts common sense.
                            His testosterone will protect him, he doesn't care about facts.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brandon View Post
                              That's more about the total number of games teams can play now.
                              You could be right. With players being tested positive, even now. It probably will be a shortened season. Mabey 6 or 7 games. And NO ooc.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...aign=editorial

<>

Comment

• With cancellation of Fla. Tech program and now cancellation of season opener vs. West Virginia Wesleyan due to their conference canceling OOC games, UWF Is now down to 8 games for 2020 season.
                                Last edited by Argonut; 06-14-2020, 12:33 PM.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X