Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by GrifFan View Post
    The Big 10 is now saying that no vote has been taken to postpone the football season. Nebraska coach Scott Frost says the Huskers would look at all options to play games this fall.
    Penn State and Ohio State are right there with the Huskers. https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/se...l-season-2020/

Comment

• Originally posted by Wildcat Khan View Post

I agree. Just look at the Marlins and Cardinals as an example of it in MLB. ESPN has a pretty good article detailing the NHL bubble and how it has led to normalcy minus the fans. Unlike the the NBA where players are sitting behind barricades in isolated chairs the NHL players are able to sit on the bench like normal and not just the next five on the ice isolated from the rest of the players and coaches.
      About the only way I could see it working is if players who don't abide by the rules are kicked off the team, albeit there are so many issues with a plan like that I don't think it would ever go through. Even still, a lot of players would take the chance. The mentality of college kids doesn't typically line up with what's best for themselves or society, but that's also part of growing up I suppose.

Comment

• Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post

About the only way I could see it working is if players who don't abide by the rules are kicked off the team, albeit there are so many issues with a plan like that I don't think it would ever go through. Even still, a lot of players would take the chance. The mentality of college kids doesn't typically line up with what's best for themselves or society, but that's also part of growing up I suppose.
        I think the NFL could do it, but I'm still scared about it with all the travel the NFL will have as they are going to be flying teams across the country still. It will be interersting to see if there are any issues for the NFL which can do things like this as they still have players like AB, Josh Gordan, Zach Elliot, and even the Vikings loveboat scandal or the Giants receivers boat scandal.

Comment

• The Mountain West Conference has canceled the season yesterday afternoon. Air Force, Army and Navy looking at playing for the Commander in Chief Trophy this year.

Comment

• Just waiting on the PAC 12 to make a announcement today on the cancelation of the season. Then we will not have any college football in Colorado! Well, Navy is scheduled to come to the USAFA if the Military Academies can work it out for the Commander in Chief Trophy.

Comment

• tick tock

Comment

• Big 10 just canceled fall sports to include football. Waiting for the PAC 12's announcement of the same later today. ACC and SEC should follow shortly.

Comment

• Originally posted by Packfootball View Post
                  Big 10 just canceled fall sports to include football. Waiting for the PAC 12's announcement of the same later today. ACC and SEC should follow shortly.
                  Local paper reporting Pac-12 has now canceled.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wildcat Khan View Post

Local paper reporting Pac-12 has now canceled.
                    ESPN reports that the PAC 12 has canceled all fall sports. Now waiting on ACC, Big 12 and SEC to make the call.

Comment

ESPN reports that the PAC 12 has canceled all fall sports. Now waiting on ACC, Big 12 and SEC to make the call.
                      I could see the SEC really holding out as long as possible as those Southerners just love their college football. But, I believe it is a domino that is destined to fall.

Comment

• Originally posted by sportsvine View Post

I could see the SEC really holding out as long as possible as those Southerners just love their college football. But, I believe it is a domino that is destined to fall.
                        Nope, they will just pound their chests and say the conference championship game is the "Naty" for isn't it already? Just a fluke that Clemson won and we all know it.

Comment

• Originally posted by sportsvine View Post

Yep. Sooner or later somebody like Vandy is going to look at the numbers and convince the Athletic department that there's no way they don't have half the team out 3 weeks after move in week. They cancel and then the SEC will look like clowns trying to rework their schedule and probably some other program will tap out as well, maybe Missouri, just because of the screw job they got from the schedule. Second SEC programs blink and probably the rest of them will all look at themselves and realize that none of them would want to get beat by both Bama and Covid this year.

Comment

All three of the remaining conferences are moving foreword with plans at this time.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigmrg74 View Post

Yep. Sooner or later somebody like Vandy is going to look at the numbers and convince the Athletic department that there's no way they don't have half the team out 3 weeks after move in week. They cancel and then the SEC will look like clowns trying to rework their schedule and probably some other program will tap out as well, maybe Missouri, just because of the screw job they got from the schedule. Second SEC programs blink and probably the rest of them will all look at themselves and realize that none of them would want to get beat by both Bama and Covid this year.

Comment

• If the SEC and ACC do decide to go ahead and play (traditional College Football) this Fall, they will dominate the network's sports programming. It could be a huge $$$$$$ windfall for every one of their teams.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X