Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Packfootball View Post
    The Mountain West just lost 3 football teams ( Fresno St., San Diego State., San Jose State.) from California State System and possibility of a fourth in Hawaii. That's a third of the universities in the conference. Big Sky Lost two in Sacramento State and Cal Poly. Like I said it's a fluid situation. I wonder what Azusa Pacific is thinking about right now?
    If there's a football season, I could see the non-California PAC-12 and Mountain West teams merge for football for this year only.

Comment

Originally posted by ftballfan View Post

If there's a football season, I could see the non-California PAC-12 and Mountain West teams merge for football for this year only.
      And perhaps Stanford and USC as both are private. Now if Boise State were to do well in such a scenario, how would the BCS look at them and all those that say they would be .500 in a major conference?

I also wonder how HSU now is doing as they cited financial reasons for cutting football.

Comment

Originally posted by NWFanatic View Post
        looks like lunacy will prevail and no NCAA football this fall. We better start worrying about NCAA basketball now.
        I think basketball easier to go ahead with not just with the later schedule, but a lot fewer athletes to test per team. If they lost November games, I wonder though how it would effect teams like Dayton this year that made their splash in Maui that had them looking at a possible 1-seed along with San Diego State. Teams in power conferences and perennial powers like Gonzaga, Witchita State, Saint Mary's etc... would at least have the known factor of how good they traditionally are going into conference play to help in at large bids and not being under seeded too much.

Comment

If there is no football they should just shut down collegiate sports for the entire year.

Comment

Originally posted by Wildcat Khan View Post

And perhaps Stanford and USC as both are private. Now if Boise State were to do well in such a scenario, how would the BCS look at them and all those that say they would be .500 in a major conference?

I also wonder how HSU now is doing as they cited financial reasons for cutting football.
            USC and Stanford are just hoping that Cali opens so they can play football. Grusom Newsom is not going to let them play or practice the way things are now in California. Yes I would be for the non California teams from the PAC 12 and Mountain West playing each other this year only. Just had a thought, Any money games for Div. 2 teams against FCS or FBS?

Comment

Originally posted by Wildcat Khan View Post

HSU will probably be added to the college closing tracker in the other General Discussion.

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post
                If there is no football they should just shut down collegiate sports for the entire year.
                Yes, I agree with you. At least until the college spring sports next year. The athletes did get one more year to stick around and play.

Comment

USC and Stanford are just hoping that Cali opens so they can play football. Grusom Newsom is not going to let them play or practice the way things are now in California. Yes I would be for the non California teams from the PAC 12 and Mountain West playing each other this year only. Just had a thought, Any money games for Div. 2 teams against FCS or FBS?
                  CWU is scheduled to play Montana (Big Sky) in week one. I could see a scenario where CWU could play another FCS team or two just to complete schedules. Also could see some Big Sky FCS teams playing PAC12 teams to complete schedules if we are to stay more regional and not all football teams are playing.

Comment

Yes, It's a very fluid situation right now and probably will be for the foreseeable future. I just read that the PAC 12 is thinking about a silo schedule for this year, 11 games only. SEC and Big 10 are also looking at it. I have not read anything from the RMAC about anything. Just read that Fla Tech dropped football, but some saw that coming. Probably major conference reshuffling coming up in the future with bottom dwellers of conferences dropping football and other sports.
                    When you look at some of the counties of the more rural Pac-12 schools, they are in areas not hit hard with both Oregon school's counties being under 0.1% infection rate. In Oregon, it is the FCS and a non-football school that are in worse hit areas although Oregon as a whole not hit as hard as Washington. I'd like to hear some about the Big Sky as CWU (low hit rural county) is to travel to Montana for their first game. I know with current rules CWU would have to travel there 2 weeks before and isolate though before the game. States with only one football school at a level could be hurt such as the GNAC with such isolation rules in having a schedule.

Comment

I hear d2 will follow with regular schedule, although players will have to keep 6' apart !
                      <>

Comment

Alabama reached out to West Florida about filling in for USC if the Trojans can't play the Tide in the opener, but Saban quickly got scared and backed out. Good choice.
                        * 2022 BACK 2 BACK GSC CHAMPIONS and D2 FINAL 4
                        * 2021 GSC CHAMPIONS
                        * 2019 D2 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS
                        * 2017 D2 NATIONAL RUNNER-UP

Comment

Someone tipped Saban off about Argos stormtrooper record!

Comment

The ironic thing to the Cal-State system, the state of California is monitoring the infection rate and is looking at allowing professional sports soon without fans. Anyone think the Cal-State may have closed down fall sports a bit early?

Comment

Guidelines coming soon on reopening Florida university campuses in the fall

State university system Chancellor Marshall Criser next week will present guidelines for reopening university campuses in the fall�after students were sent home in March to curb the spread of COVID-19.

Comment

Florida preparing to reopen state university campuses this fall

TALLAHASSEE, Fla. -- The state is preparing for Florida college students to be back on campus this fall. The State University System of Florida announced Monday that it's working on a plan for reopening campuses in the fall and will present further guidelines next week. According to a statement, the State University System Chancellor has been directed to develop guidelines to present to the Board of Governors on May 28.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X