X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Herb Street
    replied
    Originally posted by Runnin' Cat View Post

https://www.who.int/vaccine_safety/i...%20recipients.

Most childhood vaccines have an efficacy rate of 85% to 95%. How do you come up with 50%?

Because the FDA is using 50% efficacy as their threshold to approve a vaccine.

Dr. Doom (Fauci) is himself saying it could be only 50 to 60% efficacy:

https://news.cgtn.com/news/2020-08-0...NJe/index.html
    Last edited by Herb Street; 08-08-2020, 08:30 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Turbonium
    replied

Most childhood vaccines have an efficacy rate of 85% to 95%. How do you come up with 50%?
    It fits his made up narrative a lot better than facts.

Leave a comment:

• Runnin' Cat
    replied
    Originally posted by Herb Street View Post
    I think we aren't having any more college sports for a long, long time. If and when we have a COVID vaccination, the best we can probably hope for is a 50 percent reduction, as vaccinations are usually 50% effective at most. Would we play sports if we had half of the COVID that we do right now? Nope. Sports are over for good until we decide that they aren't.

Leave a comment:

• CALUPA69
    replied
    Originally posted by Turbonium View Post

Uh I'm sorry but vaccinations are not 50% at most effective. Did you just randomly pick a number and go with it?
    The chart included in this article gives a range of effectiveness of various vaccines. Most seem to be reasonably effective and safe to use. But in this age of mindless belief in anything on the net, I doubt it will be as effective as possible because of ignorance. We have truly entered a modern DARK AGES.
    https://www.immune.org.nz/vaccines/e...-effectiveness

Leave a comment:

• Turbonium
    replied
    Originally posted by Herb Street View Post
    I think we aren't having any more college sports for a long, long time. If and when we have a COVID vaccination, the best we can probably hope for is a 50 percent reduction, as vaccinations are usually 50% effective at most. Would we play sports if we had half of the COVID that we do right now? Nope. Sports are over for good until we decide that they aren't.
    Uh I'm sorry but vaccinations are not 50% at most effective. Did you just randomly pick a number and go with it?

Leave a comment:

• Packfootball
    replied
    Until the medical field gets a better understanding on Covid 19 to include a vaccine, I just don't see any contact sports happening. It could be 18 to 36 months for this virus to be defeated if ever or the severity of getting the virus is lessened. We may just have to live with it in our society. Just waiting on FCS to call off the season. FBS has just had a conference cancel the fall season. IT's just a matter of time until the rest cancel. I agree with Herb Street.

Leave a comment:

• UFOILERFAN
    replied
    It's the slow drip, drip, drip that's hard to take.

Leave a comment:

• Herb Street
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Mk63NuclearBomb
    replied
    Originally posted by wscsuperfan View Post
    What's more, the Big 10 presidents are meeting today and there's some momentum in favor of cancelation

Leave a comment:

• wscsuperfan
    replied

Leave a comment:

• wscsuperfan
    replied
    The MAC becomes the first FBS conference to cancel football (and all fall sports)

Leave a comment:

• Packfootball
    replied

I could see that. I am waiting to see the "15 yards, improper social distancing".

Seriously, as an official what do you do when a coach goes off on you and is in your face?
    I had a coach once yell me that "you officials are killing me with flags!) He got in my face to do the yelling. I dropped a flag at his feet and said, (Good, now you are dead!) Never heard another word from him the rest of the game. 15 yards unsportsman like conduct.

Leave a comment:

• catatonic
    replied
    Originally posted by Wildcat Khan View Post

Right now according to ESPN FCS is looking into a spring championship for football. I'd love if DII and DIII do the same and wonder if the FBS will soon follow.
    The Big Sky is reportedly lobbying other FCS commissioners to approve a plan for a spring championship, possibly with limited OOC games this fall.

Leave a comment:

• Brandon
    replied

Privates?

I know Carroll had a good revenue stream
    Enrollment driven schools. Small and private like you said.

Leave a comment:

• Wildcat Khan
    replied
    Right now according to ESPN FCS is looking into a spring championship for football. I'd love if DII and DIII do the same and wonder if the FBS will soon follow.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X