Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

https://news.google.com/articles/CAI...S&ceid=US%3Aen

Comment

Also, USC and Stanford are private universities and will announce their own decisions I would imagine.

Comment

Originally posted by UFOILERFAN View Post
        Also, USC and Stanford are private universities and will announce their own decisions I would imagine.

Comment

Originally posted by ftballfan View Post

Does this mean no fall sports for the public D1 schools in CA (such as USC, UCLA, Stanford, Cal, etc.)?

Most of the schools in Michigan have announced they're returning to in-person classes this fall (with at least one college planning on starting early in order to be done by Thanksgiving).
          USC and Stanford are both private institutions.

Here's the breakdown of D1 schools in California:

University of California:
          -Berkeley
          -Los Angeles
          -Davis (FCS)

California State University:
          -Fresno
          -San Diego
          -San Jose
          -Cal Poly (FCS)
          -Sacramento (FCS)

Private:
          -USC
          -Stanford
          -University of San Diego (FCS)

There is 1 D2 program (APU - Private) and 8 D3 Programs (2 co-ops, all private).

EDIT: There are also 68 CCCAA teams, all public I believe - governed by the California Community Colleges system.
          Last edited by SW_Mustang; 05-13-2020, 07:37 AM.

Comment

Along with the Cal State announcement yesterday, the CCAA has announced that all fall sports are cancelled. UC-San Diego is the only non-CSU member of the CCAA.

On the surface, this may sound obvious - however I think it's an indicator of what will happen if more large university systems shut down.

https://krcrtv.com/north-coast-news/...ector-responds

Comment

CSU Pueblo may start classes in the fall.
              https://www.chieftain.com/news/20200...cig32QnrcGVF4M

Comment

Comment

These decisions seem to be split along both political lines, and also along the lines of football sponsorship. CSU system shuts down campuses, yet San Diego State plans to proceed with fall sports. CCAA becomes the first to cancel fall sports, yet doesn't sponsor football. SEC/Big 12 are full steam ahead for football, yet UConn has said it's unlikely. Strange tensions at work here.

Comment

Two schools in the PSAC are planning face to face classes. Both are private in Erie, Pennsylvania.
                    Both Gannon U & Mercyhurst U have d2 football teams.

Comment

Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post
                      Along with the Cal State announcement yesterday, the CCAA has announced that all fall sports are cancelled. UC-San Diego is the only non-CSU member of the CCAA.
                      UCSD is moving up to Division I and the Big West this year, so they're not affected by the CCAA decision.

Comment

Originally posted by Inkblot View Post

UCSD is moving up to Division I and the Big West this year, so they're not affected by the CCAA decision.
                        Good point. I knew they were moving up but I just didn't connect the dots.

Comment

The least surprising news of the day - Hillsdale will open in the Fall, unless told not too by the government.

https://www.mlive.com/news/jackson/2...-students.html

Comment

The Mountain West just lost 3 football teams ( Fresno St., San Diego State., San Jose State.) from California State System and possibility of a fourth in Hawaii. That's a third of the universities in the conference. Big Sky Lost two in Sacramento State and Cal Poly. Like I said it's a fluid situation. I wonder what Azusa Pacific is thinking about right now?

Comment

looks like lunacy will prevail and no NCAA football this fall. We better start worrying about NCAA basketball now.

Comment

Originally posted by Packfootball View Post
                                The Mountain West just lost 3 football teams ( Fresno St., San Diego State., San Jose State.) from California State System and possibility of a fourth in Hawaii. That's a third of the universities in the conference. Big Sky Lost two in Sacramento State and Cal Poly. Like I said it's a fluid situation. I wonder what Azusa Pacific is thinking about right now?

This really bummed me out. My alma mater, Cal Poly had a championship basketball team and was set to play U.C. Davis in the semi-finals.
                                Will never know.
                                <>

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X