Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wildcat Khan View Post

And perhaps Stanford and USC as both are private. Now if Boise State were to do well in such a scenario, how would the BCS look at them and all those that say they would be .500 in a major conference?

I also wonder how HSU now is doing as they cited financial reasons for cutting football.
    I have not heard anything about Azusa Pacific. Will they play this season or will the other GNAC teams have to fill 2 games to replace AP since AP is the only D2 school in Cali to play football?

Comment

The ironic thing to the Cal-State system, the state of California is monitoring the infection rate and is looking at allowing professional sports soon without fans. Anyone think the Cal-State may have closed down fall sports a bit early?
      The leadership of the Cali State system thinks that one size fits all approach is the way to go along with Gov. Grusom Newson. Just hope the other System does not follow suit. The pressure is on both systems now to either play in the fall or not! I just hate seeing the way Cali is going. It will be interesting to watch and see what happens in that state of confusion.

Comment

Until there is a vaccine, I don't see football being played. They might allow games being played without fans.
        <>

Comment

I am Just hoping USC and Stanford tell the other Cali schools that they are going ahead to play football. The USC athletic director says that they are going ahead with the planned schedule for the 2020 season. So the Alabama game at ATT Stadium is still planned. Sorry West Florida, TCU has the inside track if USC can not make it.

Comment

Originally posted by WarriorVoice View Post

I don't think anyone will be blaming you...Chin up! They played REAL baseball games in 1918, with players and umpires all wearing masks on the field...There's still HOPE!!!
            Can you see football players wearing masks for the entire time they are on the field. I put a scenario on the LSC board with teams playing each other. I could expand it even further. I just don't see football happening this year as much as I would like to see it.

Comment

Comment

You are spot. Bummer!
                <>

Comment

The ironic thing to the Cal-State system, the state of California is monitoring the infection rate and is looking at allowing professional sports soon without fans. Anyone think the Cal-State may have closed down fall sports a bit early?
                  Most definitely it was too early for that decision. We may end up in the same spot, but several months in advance in this fluid situation seems a bit early.

Comment

Originally posted by Packfootball View Post

I have not heard anything about Azusa Pacific. Will they play this season or will the other GNAC teams have to fill 2 games to replace AP since AP is the only D2 school in Cali to play football?
                    We are in a wait and see pattern on what the schedule will look like but I do know that the plan is for games at some point. It may look different and may be a more regional schedule but I know they are coming up with contingency plans.

Comment

Originally posted by Wildcat94 View Post

We are in a wait and see pattern on what the schedule will look like but I do know that the plan is for games at some point. It may look different and may be a more regional schedule but I know they are coming up with contingency plans.
                      Also looking at the stats for Kittitas County and what Inslee is saying, it could be one of the first to open in the state with both a low infection rate among the population and a low population total and could be good news for CWU. Neighboring Yakima County though is being hit a lot harder.

Comment

Could be viewed as good news or bad I guess... this just got passed this afternoon. NCAA D2 minimum and maximum games for each sport through 2020-21. They are expecting to play 10 football games (minimum of 7)
                        http://www.ncaa.org/about/resources/...nimums-2020-21

Comment

Here is the chart listing every sport and each limitation by column.
                          https://ncaaorg.s3.amazonaws.com/cha...quirements.pdf

Comment

Interested to see how this affects all the teams who have 11 games scheduled (currently a majority of D2).

Comment

Heard a news blip one biomed company is working on a test strip that is placed on your tongue and in seconds lets you know results.
                              I'd buy that stock

Comment

Originally posted by ccmoney8 View Post
                                Could be viewed as good news or bad I guess... this just got passed this afternoon. NCAA D2 minimum and maximum games for each sport through 2020-21. They are expecting to play 10 football games (minimum of 7)
                                http://www.ncaa.org/about/resources/...nimums-2020-21
                                I can understand the minimums, but why have a maximum? Will it allow teams to break contracts without incurring a fee? Maybe that's why?
                                Last edited by Redwing; 05-19-2020, 10:12 PM.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X