Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sec10-A-14 View Post

Heard a news blip one biomed company is working on a test strip that is placed on your tongue and in seconds lets you know results.
    I'd buy that stock
    If I were a betting man I'd short sell it.

Comment

Schedule reductions have been approved. Max of 10 games, minimum of 7 to make the post season.

https://www.themiaa.com/news/2020/5/...2020-2021.aspx

https://ncaaorg.s3.amazonaws.com/cha...quirements.pdf

Comment

Originally posted by ccmoney8 View Post

These decisions seem to be split along both political lines, and also along the lines of football sponsorship. CSU system shuts down campuses, yet San Diego State plans to proceed with fall sports. CCAA becomes the first to cancel fall sports, yet doesn't sponsor football. SEC/Big 12 are full steam ahead for football, yet UConn has said it's unlikely. Strange tensions at work here.
        UConn is likely to drop football in my opinion. When conference realignment killed Big East football only a few years after UConn reinstated football, the response from some gave me the impression that the program would be discontinued at some point. The move to the AAC did nothing for their historically powerful men's and women's basketball programs. So their move back to the Big East (now a non-football conference) leaves football as an independent. I think UConn's "unlikely" position on playing football is foreshadowing football not returning to the university.

Comment

Short answer: yes there will be football in the fall.

Comment

Originally posted by Sec10-A-14 View Post

Heard a news blip one biomed company is working on a test strip that is placed on your tongue and in seconds lets you know results.
            I'd buy that stock
            Experts say the quicker and cheaper the test the higher the percentage of false positives and negatives. The false positives can be dealt with by a better more sensitive test. The false negatives are sleeper super spreaders that go on to infect entire team.

I can certainly see lots of teams going with cheap and quick tests and giving themselves an early false sense of security until older coaches start getting sick and a better test finds large percentage of team infected. I hope it works, but I have serious doubts that a full schedule will be played for most teams that attempt the season.

Comment

Originally posted by Wildcat Khan View Post

Also looking at the stats for Kittitas County and what Inslee is saying, it could be one of the first to open in the state with both a low infection rate among the population and a low population total and could be good news for CWU. Neighboring Yakima County though is being hit a lot harder.
              I agree. Yakima county has been hit hard but all other counties in Central/Eastern Washington are very minimal. For a revamped schedule if CWU is not able to travel to Michigan (2), California and Texas this year, I could see CWU trying to schedule games with NAIA/FCS schools to the East (Idaho, Montana). Not so sure they would schedule D3 unless the really needed to fill 4-5 open slots.

Comment

https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...-1-sources-say

Comment

Last edited by Argonut; 05-22-2020, 11:11 AM.

Comment

Maybe there might be football this fall. Per NCAA

https://www.npr.org/sections/coronav...rusliveupdates
                    <>

Comment

Originally posted by Wildcat94 View Post

I agree. Yakima county has been hit hard but all other counties in Central/Eastern Washington are very minimal. For a revamped schedule if CWU is not able to travel to Michigan (2), California and Texas this year, I could see CWU trying to schedule games with NAIA/FCS schools to the East (Idaho, Montana). Not so sure they would schedule D3 unless the really needed to fill 4-5 open slots.
                      UofO and OSU also in counties not hit hard in Oregon and Portland has been hit about as hard as the Tri-Cities for PSU. I was surprised to look up Lane County which is a similar metro size to the Tri-Cities and saw they had less than 5 deaths and below a 0.02% infection rate of the population so things are looking good for the Ducks. I could easily see CWU or the the Oregon schools picking up a game with EWU or PSU (add on EOU and SOU for CWU) if needed should the numbers stay similar for the areas.

The news about the SEC will also be interesting and how things go with them opening next month.

Comment

What will things look like when players return?

While officials continue to figure out when and how college football players will be able to safely return to campus, everyone is going to have to get accustomed to a new normal. From weight rooms to practice fields to dining halls, things will be different. And, upon arrival, coronavirus testing will be key.
                        <>

Comment

Originally posted by wssuram View Post

UConn is likely to drop football in my opinion. When conference realignment killed Big East football only a few years after UConn reinstated football, the response from some gave me the impression that the program would be discontinued at some point. The move to the AAC did nothing for their historically powerful men's and women's basketball programs. So their move back to the Big East (now a non-football conference) leaves football as an independent. I think UConn's "unlikely" position on playing football is foreshadowing football not returning to the university.
                          https://www.courant.com/business/hc-...4y4-story.html

Comment

I could see a lot of universities from the Mid majors taking a hard look at their programs when its all said and done here and we could see some division shifts. I would have to think that some MAC and other programs would be really thinking hard about dropping down to D1-AA football. And that could set up another round of musical chairs.

Comment

Originally posted by bigmrg74 View Post
                              I could see a lot of universities from the Mid majors taking a hard look at their programs when its all said and done here and we could see some division shifts. I would have to think that some MAC and other programs would be really thinking hard about dropping down to D1-AA football. And that could set up another round of musical chairs.
                              I would agree, except the MAC gets it's $ from mid-week TV, not fans buying tixs.

Comment

Anyone see the comments made by the U of Michigan President. Now of course, he may be biased because he's an immunologist...He says no college football at Michigan if students aren't in the classroom. But what does an immunologist know?!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X