Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WarriorVoice View Post
    Anyone see the comments made by the U of Michigan President. Now of course, he may be biased because he's an immunologist...He says no college football at Michigan if students aren't in the classroom. But what does an immunologist know?!
    Based on what I read, roughly 50% of Blue's on-campus enrollment comes from outside of the state of Michigan. Pres. is fearful that an influx of students from harder-hit areas will skyrocket cases in the area and among the student body.

Comment

The success or failure of preseason practice infection rates may be a big factor in reopening schools and continuing forward with an attempt on the season. A lot of people will have their fingers crossed and hoping that this works.

Comment

As much as I would love to see college football this year, I just don't think it will happen. It just takes one infection on a team to spread to the others. The season is finished early. Like Argonut says, keeping my fingers crossed and hoping for the best.

Comment

As much as I would love to see college football this year, I just don't think it will happen. It just takes one infection on a team to spread to the others. The season is finished early. Like Argonut says, keeping my fingers crossed and hoping for the best.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Argonut View Post
              The success or failure of preseason practice infection rates may be a big factor in reopening schools and continuing forward with an attempt on the season. A lot of people will have their fingers crossed and hoping that this works.

I went to the NCAA website and could find no information on Fall sports. Nothing?
              <>

Comment

Last edited by Argonut; 05-29-2020, 10:29 AM.

Comment

Though it's no threat to kids this age it can be transmitted, even when no symptoms are present, so it could affect coaches, family and friends who may be more susceptible.
                  Sprinkles are for winners!

Comment

Not to mention (yes I am) scholarship issues. Star RB #1 comes up positive on Wednesday before game three and requires 3 weeks to regain medical OK. No problem you say it's one player. Until it's multiple players in different time frames and you never get anything like the planned team on the field. How many RS are the teams allowed and will that number be elevated due to circumstances ?

Comment

Kittitas County is one of the counties moving into Phase 2 of re-opening in the state next week. They will be monitored for two to three weeks to see if ready to move onto phase 3. The problem lies that not in Kittitas County though, but the counties that the players are currently if at home in any of the state's metro areas which are all still in phase 1 for the foreseeable future.

Maybe if schools did open campus housing, quarantined for 2 weeks with testing on campus something could work in places where things are good. This would mean though a new isolation if any went back to say Seattle though for Labor Day weekend, 4th of July, etc...

Comment

Originally posted by GWolf View Post

Though it's no threat to kids this age it can be transmitted, even when no symptoms are present, so it could affect coaches, family and friends who may be more susceptible.
                        A quick Google search shows that saying its no threat to kids this age is not accurate. People can argue the risk of it compared to driving in a car and being in an accident or anything else they want to compare it to. However saying its no threat to the college age group is not accurate.

Plus, it doesn't matter how physically fit students are. Complications such as diabetes are present in that age group and can be contributing factors to grave outcomes.

Comment

NWHoops if you think Oil Tycoon boosters in Texas, deep SEC pockets and major programs in the South are going to get the checker boards out for fall weekends while seeing factual numbers that the vast majority of cases affect the elderly, obese and those with underlying health conditions you are sadly mistaken. Is the virus real, yes, is the economy slowing opening yes, will there be college football in the fall yes. The schools that open will be ahead of the game and others will knee jerk their way following behind. Prime example is European soccer, EPL announced they were coming back, two hours later, Italian soccer and today Spanish soccer. I feel bad for anyone who has had or is experiencing a family member who has the virus at the end of the day the show must go on.

Comment

Originally posted by NWHoops View Post

A quick Google search shows that saying its no threat to kids this age is not accurate. People can argue the risk of it compared to driving in a car and being in an accident or anything else they want to compare it to. However saying its no threat to the college age group is not accurate.

Plus, it doesn't matter how physically fit students are. Complications such as diabetes are present in that age group and can be contributing factors to grave outcomes.
                            Factually correct that "no threat" is inaccurate. But .0004% fatality from COVID versus .08% from all cause fatality is 200 times more likely from something other that COVID.

Comment

Thank you D2Ohio.

Comment

Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post

Not to mention (yes I am) scholarship issues. Star RB #1 comes up positive on Wednesday before game three and requires 3 weeks to regain medical OK. No problem you say it's one player. Until it's multiple players in different time frames and you never get anything like the planned team on the field. How many RS are the teams allowed and will that number be elevated due to circumstances ?
                                On a more positive viewpoint from this virus mess, the coaches are very experienced in juggling rosters due to injuries, academic and discipline ineligibilities and it will be interesting to see coaches navigate practice and games with the viral ineligibility thrown into the mix. The teams that throw a high percentage like the Argos should have an advantage in practice since the passing game practice can be done with just QBs and receivers at a distance compared to running teams that have to practice with the linemen and backs in close proximity.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X