Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BSUDad View Post

Honestly I think you may be surprised how few people really pay attention to the gloom and doomers. I would have zero apprehension attending a sporting event. And hoping I can do just that in the fall.
    Well then I guess you and I cancel each other out because I and most of my acquaintances in NYC are not expecting to get back to anything like usual anytime soon. PPE and social distancing are still largely in effect (75-90%) even with relaxation of lockdown. Might have to do with being so close to the center of it all, but you do what you think is best for you and yours. I'm certainly glad that my VULCANS have a well developed streaming program in place so I will see whatever athletics is available.

Comment

• Lololololololol.

Comment

• Originally posted by BSUDad View Post

Honestly I think you may be surprised how few people really pay attention to the gloom and doomers. I would have zero apprehension attending a sporting event. And hoping I can do just that in the fall.
        No, I'm not surprised at the selfish and entitled attitude of people today at all. All these manly men you speak of had to go protest because they couldn't go to Sports Clips for a few weeks. Fragile masculinity.

Comment

• Interesting. I didn't realize the answer to fixing what's wrong with our country is to juice and bulk up.

Comment

• Originally posted by Turbonium View Post

No, I'm not surprised at the selfish and entitled attitude of people today at all. All these manly men you speak of had to go protest because they couldn't go to Sports Clips for a few weeks. Fragile masculinity.
            No kidding. Those haircut protests were the saddest thing I've ever seen. A bunch of grown men playing army-guy dress up? I would be so embarrassed to be seen in that crowd.

IMO, being a "man" has more to do than just being "tough" all the time. You have to look out for those more vulnerable than yourself. I think that got lost along the way, and now it's all about who has the bigger gun and the highest lift on their truck.

Comment

• Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post

Well then I guess you and I cancel each other out because I and most of my acquaintances in NYC are not expecting to get back to anything like usual anytime soon. PPE and social distancing are still largely in effect (75-90%) even with relaxation of lockdown. Might have to do with being so close to the center of it all, but you do what you think is best for you and yours. I'm certainly glad that my VULCANS have a well developed streaming program in place so I will see whatever athletics is available.
              I've had plans cancelled clear out into October, possibly November.

I see that being extended.

Comment

• What an absolutely bizarre take lol

My truck is bigger than yours, by the way.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post

I've had plans cancelled clear out into October, possibly November.

I see that being extended.
                    Just curious where you are that you feel the need to maintain distance. It's pretty much the norm in most large cities but a good part of suburban and rural areas are largely "back to normal". Just a rough idea if you care to say.

Comment

Just curious where you are that you feel the need to maintain distance. It's pretty much the norm in most large cities but a good part of suburban and rural areas are largely "back to normal". Just a rough idea if you care to say.
                      Me personally - I've eased up a bit. I am getting out to stores more than I was during the thick of it. I'm still trying to stay in town as much as possible, and I'm still not seeing friends (although that will change in the next couple weeks or so).

The town is getting back to normal very quickly. I'd say they're at 75%. Even during the height of it they never really slowed down aside from the government mandates though, in fact I think it forced people outside and into groups more. The social distancing aspect is completely gone unless a store requires it.

4,900 in town/15,000 in the county, for reference.

Comment

Me personally - I've eased up a bit. I am getting out to stores more than I was during the thick of it. I'm still trying to stay in town as much as possible, and I'm still not seeing friends (although that will change in the next couple weeks or so).

The town is getting back to normal very quickly. I'd say they're at 75%. Even during the height of it they never really slowed down aside from the government mandates though, in fact I think it forced people outside and into groups more. The social distancing aspect is completely gone unless a store requires it.

4,900 in town/15,000 in the county, for reference.
                        So, the middle of MIDDLE AMERICA. Sounds nice, stay healthy. By way of comparison my apartment complex has 3,000 units in it but the neighborhood doesn't feel that crowded.

Comment

So, the middle of MIDDLE AMERICA. Sounds nice, stay healthy. By way of comparison my apartment complex has 3,000 units in it but the neighborhood doesn't feel that crowded.
                          Yeah. It's about as "midwest" as you can get. It has it's perks, but it would be nice to see something different every now and again. Very little nature left around here.

Usually if I want to do anything, it's a minimum of a 40 mile drive although I usually just go 60 in the opposite direction. 40,000 people has a few more options. Shopping is basically Wal-Mart or the local grocery store...

I always wondered how our town stacked up against an apartment in NYC oddly enough.

Comment

Yeah. It's about as "midwest" as you can get. It has it's perks, but it would be nice to see something different every now and again. Very little nature left around here.

Usually if I want to do anything, it's a minimum of a 40 mile drive although I usually just go 60 in the opposite direction. 40,000 people has a few more options. Shopping is basically Wal-Mart or the local grocery store...

I always wondered how our town stacked up against an apartment in NYC oddly enough.
                            Just so you know NYC is much more than Manhattan. In fact both Brooklyn and Queens are larger and have more people as well as neighborhoods like mine that look a lot like typical suburbs.

Comment

Just so you know NYC is much more than Manhattan. In fact both Brooklyn and Queens are larger and have more people as well as neighborhoods like mine that look a lot like typical suburbs.
                              Yeah I didn't think it was homogenous, but I figured there were at least a few apartment buildings in the city that could rival my entire town. 4,900 is pretty large for these parts, I think it's the third largest town in my region of the state? Closest town 5 miles away is ~450 people. I'd say the average county seat is 1,000-3,000 people? Sioux Falls is on the other side of the state line though and Minneapolis is only ~120 miles away so it's not like we're completely in the middle of nowhere.

NYC is definitely on my shortlist of cities to visit once I can afford to get out there some though.

Comment

• I've asked several coaches who have been around 30-40 years and they have agreed players aren't as 'nasty' overall as they used to be. it's a pattern I've noticed over the years, (disclaimer: I watched the '64 Cotton Bowl on TV, so yeah, I'm old). Not saying its good or bad, it just is.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X