Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 22 states have rising Covid-19 numbers. Sunday was the single largest day of cases announced world wide. I think we need to worry about more than football in the Fall...

Comment

• Originally posted by WarriorVoice View Post
      22 states have rising Covid-19 numbers. Sunday was the single largest day of cases announced world wide. I think we need to worry about more than football in the Fall...
      I've been watching the numbers via an online counter and the US is still struggling, but the rest of the world (especially Brazil) have gotten worse in a hurry. The US has brought it's fatality rate down substantially though, which is a good thing.

Comment

• Struggling may be putting it mildly...

Comment

• Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post

I've been watching the numbers via an online counter and the US is still struggling, but the rest of the world (especially Brazil) have gotten worse in a hurry. The US has brought it's fatality rate down substantially though, which is a good thing.

Comment

• I was talking actual daily fatalities, not ratios or percentages.

At worst, we've hit ~2,500 a day. There are a lot of dramatic peaks and valleys in the data I'm looking at, but we're down around 1,000 a day, if not lower.

That being said, New York at it's worst was accounting for about half of the US daily totals. They've cooled down a lot, so that's also brought the nationwide daily numbers down.

I'm not a statistician, those are just some quick observations I made.

Comment

Struggling may be putting it mildly...
              I think we hit our peak in Minnesota. It was looking like it was going to get pretty rough, and then they must have gotten the infrastructure under control. Some states are just now starting to see it get bad though from the info I'm looking at. Should be an interesting summer I guess.

Comment

• Since the beginning of the quarantine, there's been about a 2-week lag in seeing rising or falling numbers, based on our activity, or lack of it. Nationwide protests started about 2 weeks ago...Let's see what happens in the next 2 weeks. Over 20 states are seeing rising numbers, many of them opened things up about 2 weeks ago...When football season comes, it will take about 2 weeks to see the effects of that. I give football season 4 weeks at best until numbers start to rise again. Football season may only last 4 weeks this year...Just an educated guess...

Comment

• Comment

Since the beginning of the quarantine, there's been about a 2-week lag in seeing rising or falling numbers, based on our activity, or lack of it. Nationwide protests started about 2 weeks ago...Let's see what happens in the next 2 weeks. Over 20 states are seeing rising numbers, many of them opened things up about 2 weeks ago...When football season comes, it will take about 2 weeks to see the effects of that. I give football season 4 weeks at best until numbers start to rise again. Football season may only last 4 weeks this year...Just an educated guess...
                    In Washington we had spikes 2 weeks after Mother's Day and Memorial Day both. I'd also like to note there is a county in Washington that has had 0 reported cases, but also has a population of about 2.5k in which are mainly in one town along US Highway 12 that few stop in expect for the bathrooms.

Comment

• We have two counties with no reported cases. Lake of the Woods and Cook (I believe). Both counties border Canada, and they have very little population. It will be interesting to see when/if they get cases.

My county currently only has eight, so we've been doing pretty well despite not social distancing... at all.

Comment

• Do you happen to drive a big truck? Geezus.

Comment

• Originally posted by Turbonium View Post

Do you happen to drive a big truck? Geezus.

Comment

• Hey BSUDad: It's political until someone you know or love dies from this virus. Just because you don't know anyone who has passed doesn't mean it's not real. I personally know someone who has lost 14 friends and relatives from this outbreak. Educate yourself too, Young patients make up a very small portion of the deaths, but it is still a measurable number. Treat it however you like, but don't expect everyone to follow you like a moth to a flame...

Comment

Hey BSUDad: It's political until someone you know or love dies from this virus. Just because you don't know anyone who has passed doesn't mean it's not real. I personally know someone who has lost 14 friends and relatives from this outbreak. Educate yourself too, Young patients make up a very small portion of the deaths, but it is still a measurable number. Treat it however you like, but don't expect everyone to follow you like a moth to a flame...

Comment

• Morons? Nice. Where did you learn that burn??

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X