Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CHIP72 View Post

It's too bad Vermont didn't also have a Baines State College that merged with the other two aforementioned colleges and the merged school took the name Lyndon Baines Johnson University. Everyone would have been confused why the school was Vermont and not Texas.
    Lyndon Baines Johnson University of Northern Vermont

LBJUNV - that has a nice ring to it!

Well, except I'm sure some folks would think it's LBJ - University of Nevada, which makes about the same amount of sense, haha.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Tech Boys View Post

I get the logic you're following. I looked again at the "merger agreement and transition plan" linked above and the following quote might be the answers you seek. The Henderson State President will now be known as the Chancellor and will report to the President of the ASU System. Using another similar example; when Tarleton State joined the Texas A&M system they kept their name and history.

Comment

Thanks for the correction. I really wasn't confident that I was entirely right but it is my understanding that Tarleton was determined to keep the name and history when the TAMU partnership began.

Comment

Sounds like things aren't going so well for Lincoln University. Any MIAA members have any more info?

https://www.newstribune.com/news/loc...igency/826858/

Comment

Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post
              Sounds like things aren't going so well for Lincoln University. Any MIAA members have any more info?

https://www.newstribune.com/news/loc...igency/826858/
              This has become a trend for MO public higher education institutions in the last few years. Just a few years back Missouri Southern was bailed out when they were on the verge of financial exigency. I've heard Missouri Western was set to get a large bailout from the state this year but COVID eliminated that possibility and they just declared financial exigency and are cutting a third of their faculty. Lincoln has had serious financial issues for awhile now.

Edit to include links:
              https://www.newspressnow.com/news/lo...e1cc5b781.html

https://www.columbiatribune.com/news...-over-finances
              Last edited by NWHoops; 05-08-2020, 10:19 PM.

Comment

Comment

Interesting development, and we may see more of the same I'm afraid.

Comment

Originally posted by MStateMaverick View Post
                    Interesting development, and we may see more of the same I'm afraid.
                    Interesting decision for a school with 6400+ enrollment and $82M endowment. May be something they were considering anyway and this is an easy excuse.

Comment

Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post

Interesting decision for a school with 6400+ enrollment and $82M endowment. May be something they were considering anyway and this is an easy excuse.
                      That's what the reaction seems to be. They have a new president who allegedly wanted to eliminate football from the beginning.

Comment

Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post

This was a comment that I read online.

"Three teams were eliminated just one year ago, women's golf and men's and women's tennis. That was after already downgrading track & field to just distance track one year earlier. The school has 6,200+ students with tuition and fees totaling $42,470 and a $79.8M+ endowment. On the surface, that would seem like a healthy D2 school. This is about more than football since they are also making cuts in academics."

Comment

The women's golf team won the national title after its elimination was announced.

Comment

Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post

Lyndon Baines Johnson University of Northern Vermont

LBJUNV - that has a nice ring to it!

Well, except I'm sure some folks would think it's LBJ - University of Nevada, which makes about the same amount of sense, haha.
                            It beats University of Maryland University College.

Sure it's shorter, but it has to be the dumbest name ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post

It beats University of Maryland University College.

Sure it's shorter, but it has to be the dumbest name ever.
                              IUPUI is pretty rough too, although I love the acronym.

But yeah, "University" twice followed up by "College" is not a good look.

Comment

I've been a member of a facebook group for a few years that posts closings, but I still like to do my own searches. Nothing new to report, but I did find these I figured I'd share:

Holy Family Basketball Commit
                                https://www.abqjournal.com/1452215/h...ew-school.html

St. John Fisher College closing it's Early Learning Center
                                https://spectrumlocalnews.com/nys/ro...g-center-open-

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X