Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UAH's GoFundMe actually going strong. There have been some massive donations.

https://www.gofundme.com/f/uah-hocke...radition-alive

Comment

Originally posted by Mk63NuclearBomb View Post
      Brown University is dropping 10 varsity sports and elevating coed and women's sailing clubs

https://brownbears.com/news/2020/5/2...athletics.aspx

Dropping: Men's and women's fencing, golf, squash, men's track and XC, and women's skiing and equestrian
      Brown had 38 varsity athletic programs....third-most in the nation. That was surprising to me

Comment

Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post
        UAH's GoFundMe actually going strong. There have been some massive donations.

https://www.gofundme.com/f/uah-hocke...radition-alive
        Let's say they meet their goal and UAH administration relents and brings back the program for at least this coming year. Would they still be a WCHA member?

Comment

Originally posted by wscsuperfan View Post

Brown had 38 varsity athletic programs....third-most in the nation. That was surprising to me
          Ivy alums have pockets deep enough and egos big enough to fund anything

Comment

Originally posted by njmav1 View Post

Let's say they meet their goal and UAH administration relents and brings back the program for at least this coming year. Would they still be a WCHA member?
            Is there still going to be a WCHA next season? I haven't kept up with the news at all.

I just think the GoFundMe is interesting because it was only started a few days ago and as of now, they have almost all the money they are requesting - although it's only about half of what they say they need in total, as I understand it.

Comment

Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post

Is there still going to be a WCHA next season? I haven't kept up with the news at all.

I just think the GoFundMe is interesting because it was only started a few days ago and as of now, they have almost all the money they are requesting - although it's only about half of what they say they need in total, as I understand it.
              For the coming season (2020-2021) yes. The Minnesota and Michigan schools restart the CCHA for 2021-2022.

The GoFundMe campaign is amazing, but let's face it, you can't sustain a quality program doing this every few years.

Comment

For the coming season (2020-2021) yes. The Minnesota and Michigan schools restart the CCHA for 2021-2022.

The GoFundMe campaign is amazing, but let's face it, you can't sustain a quality program doing this every few years.
                Oh yeah, absolutely. We're in total agreement there.

Without a massive financial overhaul, the program won't last long. The fundraisers are cool, but it's definitely not a sustainable long-term solution. I don't expect to see UAH survive long term, as much as I'd like them too. I was only sharing the fundraiser because I thought it was interesting to watch. It would be nice if they could save the program for another year or two - let the juniors and seniors get through the system while the others have time to make plans to move on. From my understanding, UAH cancelled to late for any transfers to really happen - although that was just what I was told, so it could be wrong.

I heard a lot of rumblings about the WCHA crumbling and essentially being replaced by the CCHA, but I wasn't sure when that was all happening - I was too busy this hockey season to really pay attention to what was going on. Thanks for filling me in though - I appreciate it.

Comment

I also wonder about the fate of the Alaska schools.

Comment

Remove Alabama-Huntsville Ice Hockey from the list of dropped sports!

UAH Hockey Supporters Meet Fundraising Goal

Comment

• Originally posted by Tech Boys View Post
                      Remove Alabama-Huntsville Ice Hockey from the list of dropped sports!

UAH Hockey Supporters Meet Fundraising Goal
                      A ray of hopeful sunshine breaks through the dark clouds of closing doom!
                      Last edited by Argonut; 05-29-2020, 08:03 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Argonut View Post

An ray of hopeful sunshine breaks through the dark clouds of closing doom!
                        And just like that - the Chargers are back!

For now anyway...

Comment

• https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.al....outputType=amp

Comment

• UAH hockey still has some work to do but there's hope. This money was raised in only 1 week. If it works well, maybe they can advise a certain school in California that had football.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tech Boys View Post
                              UAH hockey still has some work to do but there's hope. This money was raised in only 1 week. If it works well, maybe they can advise a certain school in California that had football.
                              500 grand in less than a week from a small school in a non-hockey state is very impressive. I didn't think they'd do it.

Comment

• William Jewell is reinstating men's wrestling and adding women's wrestling. Both will begin competition in 2021-22. Women's wrestling is on track to becoming a NCAA emerging sport.

Last edited by Tech Boys; 06-01-2020, 05:01 PM.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X