X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• D2 Players in the Super Bowl - 2019

Here's who you can root for!

New England Patriots
    NOBODY. Not even on the practice squad or IR. They hate us.

Los Angeles Rams
    Marqui Christian (DB) - Midwestern State
    Greg Zuerlein (K) - Missouri Western
    Matt Longacre (DL) - NW Missouri State
    Ethan Westbrooks (DL) - West Texas A&M
    Morgan Fox (DL) - CSU Pueblo (Reserve/Injured)

Sooooo. Go Rams!
    2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Re: D2 Players in the Super Bowl - 2019

Actually I would never bet against Belicheat, but I think the Rams will trounce New England. Look how many sacks they had on Brees and how many hurry-ups.

As my mother would say.... "Mark my words!" Lol.
    <>

Comment

Originally posted by Wide_Right View Post
      Actually I would never bet against Belicheat, but I think the Rams will trounce New England. Look how many sacks they had on Brees and how many hurry-ups.

As my mother would say.... "Mark my words!" Lol.
      The Chiefs and Steelers tied for the league-lead in sacks during the regular season, and the Chiefs didn't lay a glove on Brady. Well, they did literally lay a glove on him, but got called for roughing the passer. :)

The Patriots offensive line is pretty good, and their running game is above average so you can't just sell out on rushing Brady. I think the Rams will have more success than the Chiefs did, but I don't think it will be lopsided.

Comment

Originally posted by GrifFan View Post
        The Chiefs and Steelers tied for the league-lead in sacks during the regular season, and the Chiefs didn't lay a glove on Brady. Well, they did literally lay a glove on him, but got called for roughing the passer. :)

The Patriots offensive line is pretty good, and their running game is above average so you can't just sell out on rushing Brady. I think the Rams will have more success than the Chiefs did, but I don't think it will be lopsided.

Donald and Suh are beasts. They can disrupt everything, as can the others. I promise you , they will sack Brady, make him hurry up passes
        and make him preoccupied about the pass rush. Should be a good game ... until the 3rd quarter. We'll see.
        <>

Comment

Originally posted by Wide_Right View Post
          Donald and Suh are beasts. They can disrupt everything, as can the others. I promise you , they will sack Brady, make him hurry up passes
          and make him preoccupied about the pass rush. Should be a good game ... until the 3rd quarter. We'll see.
          Before season kicked off, odds-makers where gaving Rams 20 - 1 odds to make super bowl.
          New England was favorite at 5 - 1.

Las Vegas is giving Patriots +2.

<>

Comment

Originally posted by GrifFan View Post

Comment

You're dead-on regarding the Rams pass rush being far more middle-based...and that does give TB12 more fits than edge rushers do.

I'm interested to see how LA's run D does. They were 23rd in the league against the run this year (yielding only ten fewer yards per game than KC did), and allowed a league-worst 5.1 yards per carry. Something tells me the offensive game plan (particularly early) for the Pats might look awfully similar to what we saw against the Chiefs. Not saying it will work, but I would hazard to guess that's what they'll try. Sprinkle in a lot of James White dump-passes and screens (which function like run plays), and who knows...

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
              Working...
              X