Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wahoos Stadium Airbnb

Wahoos Stadium in Pensacola is renting itself out as an Airbnb for only $1,500 a night! It doesn't say an Argo helmet is included to wear on the premises, but I'm sure they'd make the accommodation.

https://www.cnn.com/travel/article/b...rnd/index.html

Comment

It looks like they leave that up for baseball season, that's kinda neat.

Comment

Blue Wahoo stadium was designed and is used by the community as a multi-use facility from Major League baseball teams to Minor League Blue Wahoos, D1 college down to adult and youth league baseball, D2 to youth league football, religious services, graduations, drive through food service during virus lockdown and now bnb sleepovers.

The clubhouse locker rooms have gone through total upgrade renovation this winter for coming year and the community is proud of all teams that play In the stadium, especially the ones that bring home championships.

Comment

Originally posted by Argonut View Post
          Blue Wahoo stadium was designed and is used by the community as a multi-use facility from Major League baseball teams to Minor League Blue Wahoos, D1 college down to adult and youth league baseball, D2 to youth league football, religious services, graduations, drive through food service during virus lockdown and now bnb sleepovers.

The clubhouse locker rooms have gone through total upgrade renovation this winter for coming year and the community is proud of all teams that play In the stadium, especially the ones that bring home championships.
          That's neat. They'd never do that here for D2 unless the school owns the stadium. Vikings are restrictive on what the Gophers are allowed to put up in US Bank Stadium.

Comment

The support Pensacola people give to The University of West Florida is phenomenal. I meet people all the time that have retired and moved down to Pensacola (people that did not attend UWF) that have become huge West Florida fans. I've also talked to many Pensacola high school kids that say UWF is their dream school and first choice. So much has changed in the last decade with all of that. It's a very cool situation of Pensacola is better because of UWF and UWF is better because of Pensacola. Blue Wahoo Stadium is a great example of that.
            * 2022 BACK 2 BACK GSC CHAMPIONS and D2 FINAL 4
            * 2021 GSC CHAMPIONS
            * 2019 D2 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS
            * 2017 D2 NATIONAL RUNNER-UP

Comment

Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post
              Wahoos Stadium in Pensacola is renting itself out as an Airbnb for only $1,500 a night! It doesn't say an Argo helmet is included to wear on the premises, but I'm sure they'd make the accommodation.

https://www.cnn.com/travel/article/b...rnd/index.html
              Only $1,500 a night, what a bargain. It makes the Mets Noah Syndergaard's rent of $27,000 a month for an apartment in Manhattan almost seem reasonable. At least at Wahoos Stadium you have lots of room to move around and entertain up to 9 guests while you practice social distancing. ;)
              Last edited by crixus; 05-28-2020, 12:50 AM.

Comment

The $1,500 is for up to 10 people, so actually quite reasonable.

Comment

Yeah that's a really good deal I think.
                  * 2022 BACK 2 BACK GSC CHAMPIONS and D2 FINAL 4
                  * 2021 GSC CHAMPIONS
                  * 2019 D2 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS
                  * 2017 D2 NATIONAL RUNNER-UP

Comment

Originally posted by Uwfalum98 View Post
                    The $1,500 is for up to 10 people, so actually quite reasonable.
                    Considering everything included, $150/person is actually not half bad at all.

Comment

Originally posted by West Florida View Post
                      The support Pensacola people give to The University of West Florida is phenomenal. I meet people all the time that have retired and moved down to Pensacola (people that did not attend UWF) that have become huge West Florida fans. I've also talked to many Pensacola high school kids that say UWF is their dream school and first choice. So much has changed in the last decade with all of that. It's a very cool situation of Pensacola is better because of UWF and UWF is better because of Pensacola. Blue Wahoo Stadium is a great example of that.
                      That's good to hear. I don't know much about the school, but based on what I've read they seem like a solid institution. It's good that the community has embraced them. Since the Blue Wahoos are the AA affiliate of the Minnesota Twins, we get news from Pensacola up here every so often. I wouldn't say support for the D2 schools is bad, but I think it could be a lot better.

What's the average draw for an Argo football game? Also, what was the sport with the most support pre-football?

Comment

Comment

Impressive. 5,000 is a solid crowd. Any plans to build their own stadium? I can't imagine they'd be in too big of a hurry to move out, but you never know I guess.

Comment

There are future vision plans on UWF athletics website of a beautiful on campus enclosed bowl stadium for 20-30K, but that is long way off since everyone loves games at Blue Wahoo and no one is pushing for construction of it. The school obviously saves a lot of money now by not constructing a stadium when they have a brand new stadium downtown that works well and everyone loves.

Comment

The Argos have averaged around 5700 per home game over the first four seasons, and the 2016 season (inaugural season) averaged over 6300 per contest.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X