Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: D2 Players in the AAFL

Originally posted by zimmy21 View Post
    Is really like the NFL to double down on this. Make it like the NBA G league. Draft players earlier than may, d obit sometime in February. Let this league play 8 games in the spring and 8 again in the fall with the rosters filled with training camp cut players so they have a chance to get better rather than praying for one of very few practice teams spots
    That is a really good idea, something like what NFL Europe used to be for them.

Comment

Originally posted by Wildcat Khan View Post
      That is a really good idea, something like what NFL Europe used to be for them.
      Exactly. It would be cool to see guys get called up mid season to parent NFL clubs with injuries going on. Keep free agents in teams eyes rather than just sitting at home.

Comment

Did the Arizona Hot Shots decide to copy North Dakota State and not get it done?

Comment

A lot of D-II guys had really great week one performances. Luis Perez was probably the best QB of week one in the league. Charles Johnson and Seantavious Jones were both big impacts in their games. Ja'Quan Gardner was probably the 2nd-best RB in week one behind Trent Richardson. Love it.
          2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

Looks like Bausby from Pitt had an int. in his game.

Comment

I haven'twatched yet, but plan to set up my dvr so I can.

Comment

I also heard that but I have seen parts of 4 game thus far, all being 11 man. A good football fix for this time of year. My only complaint is the referee uniforms are kinda dorky.

Comment

I'd really like the NFL to double down on this. Make it like the NBA G league. Draft players earlier than may, do it sometime in February. Let this league play 8 games in the spring and 8 again in the fall with the rosters filled with training camp cut players so they have a chance to get better rather than praying for one of very few practice teams spots
                  They've already made more effort with this league, than they have in previous leagues. I'm with you on them getting even more involved.

I think it really helps the AAF that in everything leading up to the games Saturday, that they emphaized that this is not a rival to the NFL and that it is purely about development for those looking to get their shot/revive careers - both players and coaches (moving forward).

Comment

I agree with y'all. However, another important point, in my eyes, is that distinction from the NFL.

Obviously, some folks are down on the NFL because of several reasons and franchises like B'ham should expect to benefit from NFL-disdain more than others. The league has consistently overlooked the state for franchise opportunities and Bama folks don't forget that stuff.

I was happy that over 17K very loud fans showed up at Legion Field. I expect that to grow for the next home game.
                    Go GSC and Roar LIONS!!

Comment

TV is going to be the big bugger... especially with games being shifted away from CBS to tbs. Hope the numbers don't drop that steeply so the league can stay afloat and get better deals next year

Comment

TV is going to be the big bugger... especially with games being shifted away from CBS to tbs. Hope the numbers don't drop that steeply so the league can stay afloat and get better deals next year
                        I almost wonder if CBS may try to renegotiate that and carry at least one game a week. I believe I read somewhere that it surpassed the ratings for whatever they've shown in that slot the past few years.

Comment

I re-added the Sports Package to my local cable plan so I can watch on CBS Sports and the NFL Network.
                          Go GSC and Roar LIONS!!

Comment

You are correct sir. Not too bad of football for this time of year.

Comment

I believe you can stream the games directly from the AAF website.

https://aaf.com

Comment

Originally posted by Uwfalum98 View Post
                                I believe you can stream the games directly from the AAF website.

https://aaf.com
                                Can confirm that's how I've watched most of the games seeing as how I don't have NFL Network or CBS sports network

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X