Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seems like the situation is behind the team now. Norvell apologized and seemed to handle the situation like an adult according to Wilson, which is good.

https://247sports.com/college/florid...am--147964948/

Comment

Originally posted by UWFMubbish View Post

Great comment! Remember, Wilson is the student/athlete and most would expect the coaches to be more mature. So while I would've loved for Wilson to not call the coach out in a public forum, he's also dealing with a potential powder keg moment that's playing out across the country. The coach "stepping on the team to make himself look good" may have worked in certain situations in the past, but not with this type of issue, and especially not now. If this scenario is true, Norvell has to take this "L" and move forward. He'll know that he has to think twice before making those broad "hero" statements.
      I've met a handful of football coaches with the mental maturity of a 6th grader, so I refrain from automatically siding with the coach on most issues until I've done enough reading/thinking to make an informed decision - especially on "non-football" issues.

Sometimes, you have to call out your boss for the better of the team. That's the way I look at it.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
      Working...
      X