Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Police presents at upcoming D2 Football Games?

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I tend to believe it's because people use the voice recognition software on phones and tablets and don't speak clearly rather than assuming everyone who messes up flunked English classes.

Comment

Bingo! However we really need members in good standings of the spelling patrol covering spell-check mistakes. Gives them a chance to earn another sticker for their spelling patrol badge. A nice pat on the back is also in order.
      Last edited by Eagle74; 06-09-2020, 04:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bart View Post
        Defunding the police means no more military equipment, not taking police off the streets. Police departments have received or purchased 7.2 billion dollars worth of military equipment over the past of couple of decades. Reports indicated between January and March this year police departments received 30 mine resistant vehicles worth about $700,000 each and even pouches to carry grenades, according to Pentagon disclosures on the property transfer program
        The police do not purchase excess military equipment, it is transfered to them free of charge under the 1033 program. Yea...That MRAP may have cost $700K when the military purchased it, but the cost to the local police department that aquires it under the 1033 program is zero. FYI, the most common items sent to police departments are cold weather clothing, sand bags, medical supplies, sleeping bags, flashlights and electrical wiring.

Defunding mean exactly what it sounds like it means. Taking the current police budget, and reducing it by a signifigant amount if not eliminate it completely.

Comment

Originally posted by GrifFan View Post
          Guess we'll just have to activate the National Guard when those jackholes from Maryville come to town.

Seriously, I'm with Mustang - I just don't get the fear-mongering here.
          This week alone I've read on this board:

-Coronavirus is going to be the end of sports
          -Minneapolis riots are going to be the end of sports
          -Lack of testosterone and muscle mass is going to be the end of sports (aka "kids these days")
          -Defunding the police is going to be the end of sports
          -Kneeling for the national anthem is going to be the end of sports

That mentality doesn't make sense to me personally, but to each their own I suppose. I think it's a little dramatic to be honest. If sports die out, it's because we probably got nailed by an asteroid or something.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle74 View Post
            Bingo! However we really need members in good standings of the spelling patrol covering spell-check mistakes. Gives them a chance to earn another sticker for their spelling patrol badge. A nice pat on the back is also in order.
            I've never called out anyone's grammar in any message board. However, considering the topic and the push for funds to go back to a variety of areas including education (which has been defunded over the last couple decades) it was funny and ironic.

Just having some fun!

Comment

Defund the Grammar Police!

Comment

I saw the title pop up when I logged into the website. Wasn't sure if the police was being honored with gifts for their service or if it meant working the games. This was a good laugh I needed.

Comment

A couple of things in particular could really negatively effect college football and basketball this year.

1. COVID-19 (especially if we see an uptick in cases)

2. Cities and towns with colleges that try and quickly jump on board in defunding their police to the point that there's not enough on-duty or off-duty officers to maintain civil peace and security at games. The ramifications could be huge and other options would not be nearly effective or simply wouldn't work. Based on past problems and fights, in a lot of high school games in NC with (with police security) you have to go through medal detectors just to get through the gates or doors.

Comment

Usually when you think of Police Presents you mean a ticket. In that cents I've received several "presents". I remember coming back from a game up in Mars Hill several years back and got a present from a NC Highway patrolman that I went to Church with. He laughed the whole time he was righting out my ticket.
                    Da Bears

Comment

Originally posted by GrifFan View Post
                      Defund the Grammar Police!
                      That would be a step too far! I mean, were would we be if we couldn't dismiss someones point by criticizing his or her grammar and/or spelling!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Ursidae View Post
                        Usually when you think of Police Presents you mean a ticket. In that cents I've received several "presents". I remember coming back from a game up in Mars Hill several years back and got a present from a NC Highway patrolman that I went to Church with. He laughed the whole time he was righting out my ticket.
                        I just want to know did your team win or loose the game?

Comment

Originally posted by Bart View Post
                          Defunding the police means no more military equipment, not taking police off the streets. Police departments have received or purchased 7.2 billion dollars worth of military equipment over the past of couple of decades. Reports indicated between January and March this year police departments received 30 mine resistant vehicles worth about $700,000 each and even pouches to carry grenades, according to Pentagon disclosures on the property transfer program
                          That's not exactly what is being said.

Yes, We Mean Literally Abolish the Police

Comment

Originally posted by Horror Child View Post

That's not exactly what is being said.

Yes, We Mean Literally Abolish the Police
                            It is just one opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by njmav1 View Post

It is just one opinion.
                              Here's another "opinion". It just happens to be that of the president of Minneapolis City Council.

Yes. We are going to dismantle the Minneapolis Police Department and replace it with a transformative new model of public safety.

Comment

Originally posted by Horror Child View Post

Here's another "opinion". It just happens to be that of the president of Minneapolis City Council.
                                That's not an opinion. It's their intention. And they are in a position to act on it.

You and I can express our thoughts on the matter, but we don't have any direct effect on the outcome. Thus our opinion.
                                ????

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X