Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by laker View Post
    The Dixie State name will be gone. My bet is on Utah Tech in some form. I'll need to get a new cap.

It says here that Utah Technological University was recommended. https://www.kuer.org/education/2021-...ty-as-new-name

I hope they keep the Trailblazers nickname and logo. I'm looking for a new WAC football 2.0 team to root for. Enjoy your new cap!
    Last edited by crixus; 06-30-2021, 01:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by crixus View Post
      then all of a sudden a station from your state Minnesota took over the frequency for a few minutes. It was during one of our summer monsoon storms. We don't get a lot of rain but we do get a lot of lightning and it tweaks radio frequencies. There was another time when a San Antonio station came over on that same station in Palm Springs. As Marv Albert would say, that's Wild and Wacky!
      The only station in MN with that power would be WCCO 830 in the Twin Cities. I assume that it is still clear channel but I don't listen to it anymore after they dropped the Gophers.

I used to listen to KAAY Little Rock for the Razorback games on Saturday nights. Also a New Orleans station for LSU football games. Probably that same San Antonio station would come in sometimes. And KSL? Did the BYU games. Shows that I didn't have much of a social life during the fall if I was listening to football games on the radio.

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post

The only station in MN with that power would be WCCO 830 in the Twin Cities. I assume that it is still clear channel but I don't listen to it anymore after they dropped the Gophers.

I used to listen to KAAY Little Rock for the Razorback games on Saturday nights. Also a New Orleans station for LSU football games. Probably that same San Antonio station would come in sometimes. And KSL? Did the BYU games. Shows that I didn't have much of a social life during the fall if I was listening to football games on the radio.
        To me it shows that you love college football and that's pretty cool, IMHO. And that you love radio, as do I. I was a radio DJ for many years in the Palm Springs and San Bernardino/Riverside/Ontario markets here in SoCal. That included riding the board (making sure local commercials got played, etc.) when football games were broadcast instead of the regular music format. Radio gets into your blood, but the pay sucks unless you're in a Top 10 market.

Comment

Do we need a new thread?

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
          Working...
          X