Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by laker View Post

I'm surprised at the number of people who are surprised that they aren't putting a name on the team right away. Those things take time- the marketing, making merchandise, etc. I'm assuming that they've taken the old stuff off of the market- several sites have.
    I know! Maybe the people that have been watching Seatte's NHL team take this long for trademarks are the only ones that understand especially during a pandemic. That slowed down releasing the Kraken, which by leaks in January may have been decided on back then.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigmrg74 View Post
      Its official, Washington is going to drop the name. Guess my HS is probably going to have to change soon as well.
      I was right. School board voted this week to change the name. Guess they want to get the jump on it now other than waiting for the next court case to be filed against them.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigmrg74 View Post

I was right. School board voted this week to change the name. Guess they want to get the jump on it now other than waiting for the next court case to be filed against them.
        Speaking of HS teams that need to update, mine is an odd one....
        ??????
        https://www.slshs.org/student-life/a...asketball-boys

the school was established in '61 as SOUTH HILLS CATHOLIC HS with KNIGHTS as the rather pedestrian team mascot. Because the name was popularly shortened to SOUTH CATHOLIC, the mascot very quickly changed to the REBELS, complete with CONFEDERATE BATTLE FLAGS and the pep band playing DIXIE. Even when the school went coed in '79 and changed their name to SETON LASALLE HS they retained the REBELS mascot which is odd since the connection to SOUTH is gone. There seems to be little or no pressure to change which is embarrassing.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
        Working...
        X