Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ivy League First to fall !!!!

Ivy League has just announced that there will be NO fall sports including football !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Luck is where Preparation meets Opportunity

That's huge, but again it's a non-scholarship league (plus all the Ivies have $2B+ endowments), much like the D3 schools. But they do wield a huge influence academically. The question is will the ripple effect get to scholarship athletics for D1 and D2 programs. So far Morehouse is the outlier....

Comment

Originally posted by UWFMubbish View Post
      That's huge, but again it's a non-scholarship league (plus all the Ivies have $2B+ endowments), much like the D3 schools. But they do wield a huge influence academically. The question is will the ripple effect get to scholarship athletics for D1 and D2 programs. So far Morehouse is the outlier....
      It is a bit misleading to call the IVIES a non scholarship league. ATHLETIC SCHOLARSHIPS, yes...ACADEMIC and PROFESSIONAL scholarships are readily available to the superior students that have managed to be admitted and coincidentally enjoy playing football. The biggest lesson most Ivy grads learn is how to use their college connections to guarantee success in life.

Comment

Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post

It is a bit misleading to call the IVIES a non scholarship league. ATHLETIC SCHOLARSHIPS, yes...ACADEMIC and PROFESSIONAL scholarships are readily available to the superior students that have managed to be admitted and coincidentally enjoy playing football. The biggest lesson most Ivy grads learn is how to use their college connections to guarantee success in life.
        Athletic scholarships is what I meant, which is why I included D3 schools. I'm waiting for the first scholarship athletic league or school to cancel. And Morehouse, thus far, is the outlier...

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
        Working...
        X