Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fall sports

It will be interesting to see what happens across all levels. My guess, no college sports for most conferences in the fall even the big conferences.

So far the Ivy and Patriot League in D1, the PSAC, SIAC, and CIAA have announced no fall sports at the D2 level, as well as the Centennial Conference (D3) have cancelled fall sports in the fall. That is nothing compared with the NJCAA, which has cancelled (or more accurately postponed) all fall sports into 2021.

Some states are moving forward with high school sports in the fall, but others like Virginia have limited fall sports (no football).

One thing people need to remember is this is going to have a huge financial impact on a lot of people. This isn't just about the high level schools. It's about the smaller schools, the support staff to make events happen, and all the "little people" who make athletics work.

It's all up in the air right now and yes there is going to be a lot of fall-out. I think that schools will have seasons, but it will be hit-or-miss. For golf, tennis, or volleyball, I could see schools in a given area - regardless of division - scheduling games just to have some semblance of a season. So for example in Nashville, I could see a certain number of schools saying "we would still like to have a golf tournament..." and some of those schools rally together and have one. Informal, impromptu, and perhaps more the way athletics at institutions of higher learning should be in the first place?

Comment

Time to add a couple more to the list. Atlantic 10 cancels fall sports. CAA cancels football schedule (but will allow independent play at schools discretion). PNE-10 cancelled their fall sports. Numerous D3 conferences have cancelled their fall seasons as well. I am getting a lot closer to thinking we won't see fall college sports seasons in the fall. We might see something in the spring season involving fall sports in some areas, assuming the COVID-19 thing beings to get worked out.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by chapmaja View Post
          Time to add a couple more to the list. Atlantic 10 cancels fall sports. CAA cancels football schedule (but will allow independent play at schools discretion). PNE-10 cancelled their fall sports. Numerous D3 conferences have cancelled their fall seasons as well. I am getting a lot closer to thinking we won't see fall college sports seasons in the fall. We might see something in the spring season involving fall sports in some areas, assuming the COVID-19 thing beings to get worked out.
          I about had a heart attack reading this and not looking at the date stamp.

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post

I about had a heart attack reading this and not looking at the date stamp.
            You weren't alone.. I thought WTF too.

Comment

Pitt State alums are spreading this disease like wild fire.

Comment

Wuhan, China = Covid 19 (sick bats)

Pittsburg State, KS = Monkeypox (sick monkeys)

Warning - mask-up before PSU plays in your town.

Comment

Comment

Not with vaccinations having reached the point of those who will get vaccinated and those that refuse which leads to where we are now. Pretty sad but selfishness likely will lead us backwards. Not real surprising to be honest.

Comment

Originally posted by Turbonium View Post

Not with vaccinations having reached the point of those who will get vaccinated and those that refuse which leads to where we are now. Pretty sad but selfishness likely will lead us backwards. Not real surprising to be honest.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiss My Ass View Post

Pitt State alums are spreading this disease like wild fire.
                        This from the school famous for spreading STD to visiting coeds for decades.

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post

This from the school famous for spreading STD to visiting coeds for decades.

Actually, just the sorority skanks from Pitt. But, now with your monkeypox, we'll turn our attention to all those sorority sows at Ft Hays.

Comment

Just heard a rumor only players parents and immediate family will be allowed at NWMSU football games this fall. Anyone else heard this rumor?

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X