Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT: SAD STATE OF AFFAIRS AT AFA

The world is sooo screwed up you wish some things would stay the same. Nope.
    Sorry you need to scroll down to the article.

https://www.military.com/daily-news/...t-martial.html

This young man was home schooled in Mobile, AL and then spent four years of really hard work...FOR WHAT???? The only upside is, if convicted, the time will be in federal facilities. And as the article says this is the FOURTH COURT MARTIAL this year. I don't know if that's extraordinary but it sure strikes me as a major failure of the selection process. The politicians who make these appointments better start taking them seriously instead of paying back favors.

That stuff is illegal, he's in the military. Perhaps he shouldn't have been selected, but I didn't see any claim that anyone knew about his drug trafficking before his appointment. Being home schooled would definitely not have suggested this.

If anything, the failure is the academy's (as well as personal). What is happening when a military academy actually allows this sort of thing to happen? Given how much control the military has over new members initially, and just how much you have to do when you're a cadet (their days are not like typical college days!) I really do wonder how he found time to deal in the first place.
    Last edited by Wabbott9; 07-18-2020, 06:12 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Wabbott9 View Post
      Your link isn't going to that story. It gets redirected to their main daily news page.
      He already alluded to that: "Sorry you need to scroll down to the article"

Comment

Originally posted by Wabbott9 View Post
        Your link isn't going to that story. It gets redirected to their main daily news page.
        Scroll down to the lower left corner of the page. Sorry about my tech skills.

Comment

Do Congressmen need to do a better job screening applicants? Yes. But the Academies need to also do a better job screening.

The Service Academies excell at taking raw lumps of clay and molding them into the best second Lts in the world. Sadly the lumps of clay they are getting in today's world are full of rocks, cigarette butts, and shards of glass. This isn't the first service school cadet kicked out for a SERIOUS crime and I sadly don't think it will be the last.

Comment

Originally posted by boatcapt View Post
            Do Congressmen need to do a better job screening applicants? Yes. But the Academies need to also do a better job screening.

The Service Academies excell at taking raw lumps of clay and molding them into the best second Lts in the world. Sadly the lumps of clay they are getting in today's world are full of rocks, cigarette butts, and shards of glass. This isn't the first service school cadet kicked out for a SERIOUS crime and I sadly don't think it will be the last.
            I guess the thing that jumped out at me, aside from the clear failure to screen, is the home schooling issue. It's my distinct impression that most home schooling is done to take children away from the temptations of public schools and focus them on academics. This young man must have spent most of his free time hanging out in areas of Mobile that deviated pretty much totally from the direction of his parents. This may be one of the several weaknesses of HS in that, no matter how much public ed lacks, there are multiple adult eyes on children who may be drifting away from the straight and narrow. Hopefully a good attorney will be able to mitigate the damage but a court martial is not a pleasant procedure.

Comment

Originally posted by badboyblynn View Post

He already alluded to that: "Sorry you need to scroll down to the article"
              I saw that on second look, that's why I edited it.

Comment

AFA Starting QB, a senior will not play this season for not being a cadet in good standing. He can practice only. Air Force quarterback Donald Hammond III loses cadet standing, future with team unclear

Donald Hammond III is no longer a cadet in good standing with Air Force, thrusting his future into question.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                Working...
                X