Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• COVID-19 & the WNBA

Tried to enjoy some sports this weekend as a break from reality, and came across the WNBA game. Unfortunately, the game showed how little some people totally disregard social distancing when it comes to $$$. Absolutely not setting an example at all of what people shouldn't be doing by getting in each other's face while breathing heavily, giving high 5s, and yelling at teammates and opposing players, including the coaches. Definitely couldn't watch the blatant carelessness for long at all. COVID-19 is for real, and positive examples matter more than ever. Wear a mask and keep your social distances, the life you save could be a loved one, or your own.

Originally posted by Eagle74 View Post
    Tried to enjoy some sports this weekend as a break from reality, and came across the WNBA game. Unfortunately, the game showed how little some people totally disregard social distancing when it comes to $$$. Absolutely not setting an example at all of what people shouldn't be doing by getting in each other's face while breathing heavily, giving high 5s, and yelling at teammates and opposing players, including the coaches. Definitely couldn't watch the blatant carelessness for long at all. COVID-19 is for real, and positive examples matter more than ever. Wear a mask and keep your social distances, the life you save could be a loved one, or your own.
    Well, they are in a bubble and tested I thought like the NBA. If they know that no one there has the virus, there is no risk of spreading it unlike how it is for those of us not in a bubble. Think of it more like a family that has been tested after getting food to stock up for months and isolating themselves from others in a bunker and that may help you.

Even in the NBA bubble players like Zion and Lou Williams are re-isolating themselves from the rest of the people in the bubble so that they don't risk others after leaving the bubble. NASCAR is different as they don't test everyone, which is why they use masks.

Comment

What about the same things going on in Major League Baseball which actually publicized very specific social distancing standards which teams aren't following? And you use $$$ in reference to the WNBA? That is laughable! You are a real big guy trying to call out one of the weakest pro sports around. Your veiled political posts are old, unoriginal and predictable.

Comment

Originally posted by wssuram View Post

What about the same things going on in Major League Baseball which actually publicized very specific social distancing standards which teams aren't following? And you use $$$ in reference to the WNBA? That is laughable! You are a real big guy trying to call out one of the weakest pro sports around. Your veiled political posts are old, unoriginal and predictable.
        And your failure to simply comprehend post without trying to always put a political spin on every thing is laughable. I tell you what, I'll type slower next time.

Comment

Originally posted by wssuram View Post

MLB has a huge issue right now, at least for the East divisions. 8 Marlins tested positive and their game today is canceled and the game between the Yankees and Phillies may be in danger of being canceled too. NFL of course will have to watch this and worry about it too.

It should be noted that at the airport the Marlins had to stay in their bus cramped together for two hours which likely caused huge risk from the delay in leaving their bus as they already had positive cases on the team.

Comment

Originally posted by Wildcat Khan View Post

MLB has a huge issue right now, at least for the East divisions. 8 Marlins tested positive and their game today is canceled and the game between the Yankees and Phillies may be in danger of being canceled too. NFL of course will have to watch this and worry about it too.

It should be noted that at the airport the Marlins had to stay in their bus cramped together for two hours which likely caused huge risk from the delay in leaving their bus as they already had positive cases on the team.
            That's a perfect example!! Speaking of examples, these pro players are indirectly send the message that it's alright to get your friends together and play baseball, basketball, etc and then go back home to your grandmas, parents and so on. I'm to the point that I can do without watching pro basketball, baseball, hockey, soccer, and football for a long freaking time.

Comment

That's a perfect example!! Speaking of examples, these pro players are indirectly send the message that it's alright to get your friends together and play baseball, basketball, etc and then go back home to your grandmas, parents and so on. I'm to the point that I can do without watching pro basketball, baseball, hockey, soccer, and football for a long freaking time.
              Yankees Phillies has now also been canceled. I hope leagues are watching this compared to the NHL/NBA bubbles where the teams are staying on a 'campus' to minimize the risk compared to traveling and going through airports. I'm curious if the NFL and MLB will go to a bubble as it seems the travel is where the difference is as this happened only after Miami went to Atlanta for an exhibition game last week. There is no word yet if any Phillies or Braves have tested positive yet in the reports I've seen, but the cancellation is due to the Yankees using the same clubhouse as the Marlins if their game were to go on as scheduled.

If they determined that the infection most likely occurred at an airport I'd be all for closing down airports nationwide, which I'm surprised wasn't done in the first place.

It looks like NFL now is saying players who attend 'high risk' events and get the virus will face team discipline as well as no pay for any games they miss should they get the virus.
              Last edited by Wildcat Khan; 07-27-2020, 10:55 AM.

Comment

Just a matter of time before the NBA bubble burst!

LA Clippers Guard Lou Williams left the bubble for a short time earlier this week to attend a funeral, but photos of him at a gentlemen's strip club in Atlanta also appeared on social media. Rapper Jack Harlow posted a photo of himself and Williams late on Thursday night, showing them hanging out. Harlow quickly deleted the post, but not before it had been widely shared. Oooops!

Comment

Just a matter of time before the NBA bubble burst!

LA Clippers Guard Lou Williams left the bubble for a short time earlier this week to attend a funeral, but photos of him at a gentlemen's strip club in Atlanta also appeared on social media. Rapper Jack Harlow posted a photo of himself and Williams late on Thursday night, showing them hanging out. Harlow quickly deleted the post, but not before it had been widely shared. Oooops!
                  And the NBA is forcing himself to quarantine as he re-enters the bubble as well as testing him for Covid. To me, that says the bubble is working as Zion had to do the same thing after seeing his family. That is a key fact in that the NBA bubble isn't fragile as you make it sound as your post makes it sound like he went right back to his team and is playing with them.

It is also why the MLB's 'bubble' is so fragile compared to the NBA's and so likely will be the NFL's where it is easier to control where the players go when they don't travel as well as minimize the number of people that they come into contact with as MLB is traveling through commercial airports and if a person infects a TSA agent for example it could infect a player.

Comment

Originally posted by Wildcat Khan View Post

And the NBA is forcing himself to quarantine as he re-enters the bubble as well as testing him for Covid. To me, that says the bubble is working as Zion had to do the same thing after seeing his family. That is a key fact in that the NBA bubble isn't fragile as you make it sound as your post makes it sound like he went right back to his team and is playing with them.

It is also why the MLB's 'bubble' is so fragile compared to the NBA's and so likely will be the NFL's where it is easier to control where the players go when they don't travel as well as minimize the number of people that they come into contact with as MLB is traveling through commercial airports and if a person infects a TSA agent for example it could infect a player.
                    Only because he got caught via social media. I can pretty much guarantee that others are, or will be slipping around the rules.

Comment

Only because he got caught via social media. I can pretty much guarantee that others are, or will be slipping around the rules.
                      That wouldn't surprise me, but I hope their security is actually good and that they have cameras on all exits. Of course even for going to the funeral he'd have needed to reisolate upon coming back into the bubble based on what we see with Zion and other players that have left for family issues. To me the gentleman's club was more about his risking exposure more than he already had as the higher number of people you contact with the risk is higher that one of them may be infected as well as optics on the bubble itself.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X