Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The best D2 football conferences

My little nephew just got offered a scholarship to a D2 school!! Not to familiar with D2 football was wondering if I could get some rankings of some sort (in terms of best conferences in D2 for football) Thanks Guys! Stay safe!

Originally posted by Just a college fan View Post
    My little nephew just got offered a scholarship to a D2 school!! Not to familiar with D2 football was wondering if I could get some rankings of some sort (in terms of best conferences in D2 for football) Thanks Guys! Stay safe!
    https://www.d2football.com/champions/

Some other solid conferences include the NSIC, LSC, and PSAC. Can also find strong teams in lower-ranked conferences as well, like Shepherd in the MEC before they changed conferences.
    Last edited by cwfenn; 08-03-2020, 06:27 PM.

Comment

Out of curiosity roughly where does your nephew live ? What position does he play ? Did he get any post season honors like all conference or all state ?

Comment

People in these parts often conflate National Championships with the top to bottom strength of a conference. Truth is every conference has its dominent team(s), its "middle of the road" teams and its back markers.

Everyone picks a school for different reasons and while I might think it is foolish to pick a DII based on the strength of a conference, I can certainly think of stupider reasons to pick a school! If conference football strength really is his decision point, I'd ask:

How does the school stack up in their conferences? Do they regularly win championships, are they typically middle of the pack or are they usually a conference back marker?
        What is the schools recent performance (last four years)? Did they win a bunch of championships 10 years ago but none since?
        Has the school changed coaches recently? How have they performed under the new coaching staff?
        How does that conference stack up in their region? Do they consistently win regional titles or are they most often first round losers?

Comment

Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post

Out of curiosity roughly where does your nephew live ? What position does he play ? Did he get any post season honors like all conference or all state ?
          He's from Arizona and plays WR! He got hurt 4 games into is Junior season, which we thought was gonna be a hit to his recruitment, but he had enough film for them to send the offer! Especially with everything happening with Covid he's happy to receive anything!

Comment

He's from Arizona and plays WR! He got hurt 4 games into is Junior season, which we thought was gonna be a hit to his recruitment, but he had enough film for them to send the offer! Especially with everything happening with Covid he's happy to receive anything!
            I'm guessing that the offer was from some member of the LONE STAR CONFERENCE or the ROCKY MOUNTAIN ATHLETIC CONFERENCE both of which have very competitive programs if you don't mind looooong road trips. Good luck to him whenever he's able to get on the field.

Comment

I'm guessing that the offer was from some member of the LONE STAR CONFERENCE or the ROCKY MOUNTAIN ATHLETIC CONFERENCE both of which have very competitive programs if you don't mind looooong road trips. Good luck to him whenever he's able to get on the field.
              Yeah I believe it was RMAC! Haha it'll be nice traveling to Colorado and South Dakota! Hopefully no SNOW when we go to the games...

Comment

Yeah I believe it was RMAC! Haha it'll be nice traveling to Colorado and South Dakota! Hopefully no SNOW when we go to the games...
                OKAAAAY, make that crazy loooong road trips and since we're talking ROCKY MOUNTAINS, yes there will be snow. Time for you and the family to get on the RMAC message board and drive the POSTS up a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by boatcapt View Post
                  Everyone picks a school for different reasons and while I might think it is foolish to pick a DII based on the strength of a conference,
                  He didn't say that was even a factor in the decision. It might be. Who knows? I think he was simply asking to learn a little.

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post

He didn't say that was even a factor in the decision. It might be. Who knows? I think he was simply asking to learn a little.
                    Yeah my post wasn't to make it a factor it was simply to learn more about the conferences! Only really knew about west coast for D2!

Comment

Yeah my post wasn't to make it a factor it was simply to learn more about the conferences! Only really knew about west coast for D2!
                      Curiously California, Florida and New York are three of the truly insignificant D2 football states in the country. CA 2, NY 1 and FL 1 make up 2.5% of D2 teams in states that have 24.5% of the US population. Go figure.

Comment

Curiously California, Florida and New York are three of the truly insignificant D2 football states in the country. CA 2, NY 1 and FL 1 make up 2.5% of D2 teams in states that have 24.5% of the US population. Go figure.
                        But Florida's one team makes it count!

Comment

Did we miss the Humboldt State announcement that football is returning?

Comment

OKAAAAY, make that crazy loooong road trips and since we're talking ROCKY MOUNTAINS, yes there will be snow. Time for you and the family to get on the RMAC message board and drive the POSTS up a bit.
                            I've rarely had to deal with snow in about a decade of Pueblo games oddly enough. Cold? Yes. Many locations will be very similar to Flagstaff for a comparison.

Comment

Originally posted by Inkblot View Post

But Florida's one team makes it count!
                              Definitely do !!!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X