Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ccmoney8 View Post

I think they got it just about right. Tradition probably favors MIAA but GSC probably takes top spot weighted for recent history.
    With the changes in the way the game is played and officiated I think the GSC and the LSC will have better results.

Comment

One way I like to look at conferences is by how many NFL players they've produced over a given amount of time - it's nothing more than a fun metric and doesn't have a lot of bearing on the performance of the teams, but I do think it says a little something about a conference when they produce a string of talent at the next level.

Not sure who ranks #1 on that list currently - MIAA probably?

Comment

Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post
        One way I like to look at conferences is by how many NFL players they've produced over a given amount of time - it's nothing more than a fun metric and doesn't have a lot of bearing on the performance of the teams, but I do think it says a little something about a conference when they produce a string of talent at the next level.

GSC is what comes to mind first. Especially if we throw North Alabama into the conversation, but I'm not sure. Would love to see that list.

Comment

https://www.ncaa.com/news/football/a...ade-53-man-cut

Comment

https://www.d2football.com/alumni/

Comment

Go GSC!! Recent Massey rating, current NFL alumni list, 4 different team within the last 10 seasons making to the title game......but of course I'm biased!

Comment

The GSC is the strongest D2 conference, especially with the recent addition of UWF.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle74 View Post
                  The GSC is the strongest D2 conference, especially with the recent addition of UWF.
                  It is the last couple of years. The loss of UNA is offset by the emergence of UWF.

Comment

Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post

Plus AZUZA PACIFIC makes 2 as far as I see. Others ???
                    It's Azusa, with an "s", not a second "z". Think A to Z in the USA, if that helps.

Comment

Originally posted by The Librarian View Post

It's Azusa, with an "s", not a second "z". Think A to Z in the USA, if that helps.
                      Mea culpa....

Comment

Last edited by Fan_the_Flame; 08-23-2020, 08:02 PM.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X