Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• D2 cancels fall championships

http://www.ncaa.org/about/resources/...ps?division=d2

Well, that should be the final nail in the coffin for all fall sports.

Comment

FBS and FCS are still hanging on by a thread.

Comment

Looks like there will be no playoffs, not stating no season.....not yet.

Comment

CWU sent out a letter that IronOre shared in the GNAC forums that said the GNAC is going to try fall sports in the spring. With this timing for the announcement and the letter, it makes me wonder if DII and DIII are considering having the championships then too. It also makes me wonder if the talk of 5 games or less in the GNAC forums may not be needed with this decision by the NCAA and there will be a full season instead.

Comment

Looks like a head start on recruiting.
            The Great White Buffalo has Returned

Comment

Originally posted by Wildcat Khan View Post
              CWU sent out a letter that IronOre shared in the GNAC forums that said the GNAC is going to try fall sports in the spring. With this timing for the announcement and the letter, it makes me wonder if DII and DIII are considering having the championships then too. It also makes me wonder if the talk of 5 games or less in the GNAC forums may not be needed with this decision by the NCAA and there will be a full season instead.

Comment

I can see that too, especially with multi-sport athletes that play both in the fall and spring. One great example would be of course cross country and track and field.

Comment

It's too early to call off spring playoffs, in my view. By doing so, I believe they have decided to use the pandemic as a way to cut costs because of the decreased revenue from March Madness.

Comment

Comment

Please do a little bit of research before posting. At it's peak in '52 polio infected 50,000, mostly children, and 3,000 died. Terrible stats but not in the same universe as Covid 19 which has infected nearly 5,000,000 and killed 160,000 + in 6 months. If you can't see the difference, I can't explain it to you.

Comment

Comment

We used to be stupid and are trying to be smarter? A lot of things used to happen that we no longer condone. The United States intentionally infected Central Americans with STDs a few decades ago too, don't think it means we should do it now do you? A rather poor argument in my opinion.

Comment

So your suggestion is we behave as we did in '57-'58 and push the death toll closer to 1,000,000 so we can party, party, party and watch college football ?? Here in NYC we had enough of "morgue trucks" and will fight our way through this with masks, testing, tracking and treating. Just please stay where you are.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X