Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OT: NBA's National Viewership Ratings Declines, now below PGA and NASCAR.

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LOL, I don't believe they wanted to be too obvious.

Comment

Honestly I was wanting to see empty cavernous arenas and stadiums, without artificial crowd noise. I realize the cavernous arena is not possible in the NBA bubble. I was thinking watching games in this sort of setting would be quite entertaining. Instead, we are seeing fake cutout fans or tarps covering seating secitons and all of the games i have seen, every sport, have artificial crowd noise. I was hoping to hear more on field genuine conversation instead.

Hopefully the NFL (if they play) gives a more authentic viewing experience considering to circumstances.

Comment

In light of the recent shooting in Wisconsin some of the nba players are boycotting some of the playoff games and they are now being canceled. This move will not effect a large percentage of sports fans who have already tuned out their games this year. This latest move will certainly not help their declining and sagging national viewership this season.

Comment

While the shooting and injuring of the gentleman attempting to get into a car with kids while yielding a knife was an awful and unfortunate event, the killing of people on a daily bases in Chicago should not be overlooked. Neither should the situation of the police officer being hit in the head with a brick (which could result in brain damage) while the Wisconsin protest / riots be completely overlooked, as with the ridicules and uncalled shooting and murder by a militia member during the protest / riots. Selective focus means you're observing the world through blinders. Let's hope for better days for all!

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle74 View Post
            While the shooting and injuring of the gentleman attempting to get into a car with kids while yielding a knife was an awful and unfortunate event, the killing of people on a daily bases in Chicago should not be overlooked. Neither should the situation of the police officer being hit in the head with a brick (which could result in brain damage) while the Wisconsin protest / riots be completely overlooked, as with the ridicules and uncalled shooting and murder by a militia member during the protest / riots. Selective focus means you're observing the world through blinders. Let's hope for better days for all!
            Very pessimistic 70+ here to tell you it will not be getting better, IMHO. Our country has arrived at a point where the existential battles we face, a pandemic, climate change and numerous global enemies, are being ignored while we dig ourselves into an ever deeper hole of internecine warfare from which there will be no winner. From my point in life it doesn't matter because I'll be gone relatively soon. My apologies to the generation preparing to go into the world right now that your immediate predecessors have left you such a mess. Wish I could be more positive but I don't see any real chance for positive change.

Comment

Ratings are the least of the NBA's worries right about now...

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/l...ng-per-report/

Comment

People actually watch golf and NASCAR?

Why?

Comment

Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

Why?
                  NASCAR is much better on the radio...Just sayin'

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle74 View Post
                    We should hold those who have sworn to protect and serve more accountable than the average citizen, should we not? Yes, there is other bad in the world, you don't need to remind everyone of it to draw attention away from our supposed peace officers murdering, or paralyzing, American citizens. The story regarding the police officers in Wisconsin giving water and thanks to the armed militia members is rather alarming. You think they'd have let a young black kid walk right up to them with an AR? Witnesses yelling that he'd just shot people and he's just allowed to wander off. Surprised they didn't buy him Burger King. Pathetic.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

Why?
                      I watch golf because I play a couple times a week and I have a general idea of the different types of shots they are trying to pull off and enjoy the execution of it because lord knows I can't haha. I do enjoy it more now because there aren't idiot fans at the matches yelling "get in the hole" or other dumb crap after each shot.

Comment

Originally posted by WSUWarriorFan View Post

I watch golf because I play a couple times a week and I have a general idea of the different types of shots they are trying to pull off and enjoy the execution of it because lord knows I can't haha. I do enjoy it more now because there aren't idiot fans at the matches yelling "get in the hole" or other dumb crap after each shot.
                        Agreed 100%. I found golf absolutely horrible to watch until I started playing. Then you realize how amazing the shots are and it makes it much more entertaining.

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post
                          As I posted elsewhere- haven't seen one second of MLB, NBA, NHL or WNBA live action. And I don't miss it.

Now- I'm already missing college football and it hasn't even not started yet.
                          College football is the one that hurts the most, I could watch a random sun belt conference game on a Tuesday night and be entertained. I don't watch MLB or the WNBA, NBA I don't watch until the finals, and the NHL I watch but I don't care if If I miss games until the conference finals start

Comment

Originally posted by WarriorVoice View Post

NASCAR is much better on the radio...Just sayin'
                            It's watching a bunch of Cletuses driving cars around a track for a few hours.

It's literally like watching paint dry.

Comment

Originally posted by WSUWarriorFan View Post

Golf is boring to watch too. It's a sport to me that is something you play to enjoy, not to watch to enjoy.

It's kind of like how hockey doesn't translate well on TV but watching it live is like the best thing ever.

Comment

I don't and never will watch professional sports of any kind. And after the events of this week by the NFL, MLB, NBA, etc. I definitely never will. Overpaid millionaires complaining about "social" conditions. So they prefer anarchy? I imagine many of them have private security guards.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X