Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OT: NBA's National Viewership Ratings Declines, now below PGA and NASCAR.

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post

Yes, I misread your comment. I apologize.
    Your good!

Comment

Yes, overpaid milliionaires that are ignorant or the dangers of anarchy in a society. A minute percentage of cops making a bad decision does not represent the vast majority of good ones. You prefer having social workers taking care of law enforcement? Unbelievable.

Comment

Originally posted by Redwing View Post

There is little balance on this topic. Killings in our cities vs the bad cops behavior? As for our police getting killed:

As of 08/24/2020:
        • Thirty-one law enforcement officers have been reported feloniously killed in 2020. During the previous year for the same time period, 30 officers were feloniously killed. At the time the 31 law enforcement officers were fatally wounded in 2020:
          • Seven were victims of an ambush (entrapment/premeditation)
          • Zero were a victim of an unprovoked attack
        • Thirty-one law enforcement officers have been reported accidentally killed in 2020. During the previous year for the same time period, 28 officers were accidentally killed.

So little outrage... seems it's just accepted.
        What does zero officers killed by an unprovoked attack mean? Did the police provoke the attacks that led to their deaths?

Comment

Originally posted by MStateMaverick View Post
          (1)Yes, overpaid milliionaires that are ignorant or the dangers of anarchy in a society. (2)A minute percentage of cops making a bad decision does not represent the vast majority of good ones. (3)You prefer having social workers taking care of law enforcement? (4)Unbelievable.
          1 - A lot of those "overpaid millionaires" also have childhoods that would make your head spin. They know anarchy like you or I never could. For some of them, sports were their only option. Many of them weren't born into this, they earn it - and they are much more aware than you give them credit for. If we're going to elect a reality show host as our president, than we can certainly handle listening to the opinions of athletes.

2 - Agreed.

3 - Never said that I did. In fact, I don't think anyone said they wanted that. If you want my stance, I laid it out pretty well in the D2 Policing thread.

4 - If you don't like it, don't watch. These teams are raking in billions of dollars in revenue, they won't miss your contributions.

Comment

Originally posted by Bart View Post

What does zero officers killed by an unprovoked attack mean? Did the police provoke the attacks that led to their deaths?
            Good question. I honestly don't know. And again, neither type of death... police or civilian, is acceptable.

Comment

Good question. I honestly don't know. And again, neither type of death... police or civilian, is acceptable.
              Here is another stat: 228 officers died by suicide, while 132 officers died in the line of duty in 2019.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

Golf is boring to watch too. It's a sport to me that is something you play to enjoy, not to watch to enjoy.

It's kind of like how hockey doesn't translate well on TV but watching it live is like the best thing ever.
                Not going to argue with you at all, just agree with you on watching hockey games in person. It doesn't matter about the level of play, it is great especially if you are sitting by the glass (much cheaper at minor league hockey). That said, I've been enjoying watching the playoffs so far for the NHL as they actually are getting more sounds of the game than usual so you can hear the things that are only heard in person. Nothing though like sitting behind the benches and hearing coaches and players talk though.

I'll also note that viewership is up for the NHL playoffs: https://www.sportsmediawatch.com/202...sn-viewership/ to get close to the original topic for this thread.
                Last edited by Wildcat Khan; 08-28-2020, 07:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Turbonium View Post

These issues can both be addressed simultaneously, can they not? Many athletes have also donated time and money to try and help the youth of inner cities. The attempts on here to deflect away from our poorly trained police killing US citizens is teetering on boot licking at this point.
                  Yes they can. Doug Baldwin's time in Seattle proved that as he would even meet with the police after practice.

Comment

Basically conservative white people fo not want minorities protesting at all.

The NBA walk off was peaceful protest and conservatives still got OUTRAGED.

Comment

Sadly, many of these "protesting" players don't have brains sufficient to work the graveyard shift at the local 7-11. If they kill the goose that laid their golden egg - that is, attacking the fans that supply their riches - we will soon find out. Couldn't happen to a nicer group. What a bunch of morons.

Comment

Originally posted by Herb Street View Post
                        Sadly, many of these "protesting" players don't have brains sufficient to work the graveyard shift at the local 7-11. If they kill the goose that laid their golden egg - that is, attacking the fans that supply their riches - we will soon find out. Couldn't happen to a nicer group. What a bunch of morons.
                        Attacking their fans? You're delusional.

Comment

They sure can, but I'm not hearing much of anything about one of them. And that even includes the positive actions some athletes are taking.
                          Perhaps you should do some research on it first then. It's not headline worthy and often goes unnoticed.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle74 View Post

There's definitely two sides to look at. America should also be addressing poorly trained US Citizens (and illegals) from killing Police.
                            You do realize that illegals are far less likely to commit crimes than citizens, yeah? I'm glad you threw them in there though, shows exactly where you get your news from. I wasn't aware that US citizens were getting paid, for a career they chose, to protect and serve their communities. What an absolutely obtuse argument.

Comment

Originally posted by Turbonium View Post

You do realize that illegals are far less likely to commit crimes than citizens, yeah? I'm glad you threw them in there though, shows exactly where you get your news from. I wasn't aware that US citizens were getting paid, for a career they chose, to protect and serve their communities. What an absolutely obtuse argument.
                              You do realize how ironic your first sentence is right? Coming into the country illegally is a crime in and of itself meaning that all have committed a crime.

For you, here is the definition of illegal: contrary to or forbidden by law, especially criminal law.

I'm for any person of any race, creed, or originating continent (other than Antarctica) entering this country legally and becoming a citizen through the legal process.
                              Last edited by Wildcat Khan; 08-29-2020, 06:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Herb Street View Post
                                Yet so many Trump supporters can go to all these rallies. Do they ever work?

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X