Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OT: NBA's National Viewership Ratings Declines, now below PGA and NASCAR.

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

She kept your state becoming like Flori-duh and being virus epicenter.

And yes there is Fascism in Meatchicken when those loons stormed the state capitol with weapons. They should have all been tossed in jail for intimidation.
    No laws were broken. No one was harmed. Heck no trash was even left behind. PEACEFUL protests. As for our Governor, uh, you're totally off base. Detroit got hammered early on. Now that things are pretty much under control, she continues with her one person rule. And she still blows off the deaths in the nursing homes. Florida is far from an epicenter, but that has NOTHING to do with MI's current status and the Guv's current edicts.

Comment

Originally posted by Redwing View Post

No laws were broken. No one was harmed. Heck no trash was even left behind. PEACEFUL protests. As for our Governor, uh, you're totally off base. Detroit got hammered early on. Now that things are pretty much under control, she continues with her one person rule. And she still blows off the deaths in the nursing homes. Florida is far from an epicenter, but that has NOTHING to do with MI's current status and the Guv's current edicts.
      She didn't get ripped on enough when she said it was illegal to open up vacation homes but her husband went Up North to open up theirs.

Comment

Last edited by IUPNation; 08-31-2020, 03:57 PM.

Comment

I'm now hearing more and more Hispanics are telling people (and the media) not to include them in any way as a part or advocates of the BLM movement.

Comment

So what if black, Hispanic and LGBT protestors showed up the same wAy with guns and did exactly the same thing those conservative white men did...would you support it? No you would not. You would lose your mindThe fact is people like you
            Wow, glad you know me so well. Stereo typing? Or worse? Not sure I should even respond, but you have no idea as to my take on the above. And, FWIW, this isn't the place to discuss it. And at least let's address the topic... not go after an individual.

Comment

Wow, glad you know me so well. Stereo typing? Or worse? Not sure I should even respond, but you have no idea as to my take on the above. And, FWIW, this isn't the place to discuss it. And at least let's address the topic... not go after an individual.
              Your deflection speaks volumes to me.

If conservative "Real Americans" lose their minds when black men kneel during an anthem to peacefully protest police brutality then I really can't see the support of them showing up in Lansing with AR15, screaming their heads off, waving flags, and "peacefully" pushing their way into the building. In fact, the whole city would probably go on lock down and Cheeto's wig would go sideways.

So please answer the question and no Fox News style whataboutism.. If non white conservative groups did the exact same thing, showed up armed, pushed their way into the building and tried to intimidate the politicians to get their way...all done without rioting or looting...would you support it like you did when those conservative white men did it and the cops just stood there without riot gear and just let them do what they wanted.

I'm sorry if this makes you feel uncomfortable but imagine how uncomfortable conservatives makes the lives of minorities and the LGBT community on a daily basis. People are exhausted having to fight the same damn battles for their lives year after year decade after decade...when does this nonsense stop? We are all Americans...why do we all have to be the same way?
              Last edited by IUPNation; 09-01-2020, 07:08 AM.

Comment

Your deflection speaks volumes to me.

If conservative "Real Americans" lose their minds when black men kneel during an anthem to peacefully protest police brutality then I really can't see the support of them showing up in Lansing with AR15, screaming their heads off, waving flags, and "peacefully" pushing their way into the building. In fact, the whole city would probably go on lock down and Cheeto's wig would go sideways.

So please answer the question and no Fox News style whataboutism.. If non white conservative groups did the exact same thing, showed up armed, pushed their way into the building and tried to intimidate the politicians to get their way...all done without rioting or looting...would you support it like you did when those conservative white men did it and the cops just stood there without riot gear and just let them do what they wanted.

I'm sorry if this makes you feel uncomfortable but imagine how uncomfortable conservatives makes the lives of minorities and the LGBT community on a daily basis. People are exhausted having to fight the same damn battles for their lives year after year decade after decade...when does this nonsense stop? We are all Americans...why do we all have to be the same way?
                Never supported that. Again, making unfounded assumptions on your part. And for being the same way. Huh? Look in the mirror. I'm out on this. Ask away, accuse away, etc. I'm out. And again, attack the individual, not topic.

Comment

Never supported that. Again, making unfounded assumptions on your part. And for being the same way. Huh? Look in the mirror. I'm out on this. Ask away, accuse away, etc. I'm out. And again, attack the individual, not topic.
                  I don't understand what you are saying when you say you "never supported that". Can you please clarify what you aren't supporting because I can't tell what you mean.

You are not under attack. You were super quick to defend the fascists who stormed the state house in Lansing with their guns by saying they didn't hurt anyone and left no trash behind. All I asked is you would be as supportive of minorities and gays doing the same thing as they did...leaving no trash behind and not hurting anyone. Would you be comfortable with all groups storming gubmint buildings with guns to get their way? Or are you saying you didn't like the fact they showed up with guns and pushed their way in ton intimidate the legislatures trying to conduct state business? That would be understandable by any reasonable person.

Comment

Please keep in mind that only a percentage of the LGBTQ community are supportive and aligning with the BLM movement. So, they can't be automatically lumped in as a group in these types of discussions.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle74 View Post
                      Please keep in mind that only a percentage of the LGBTQ community are supportive and aligning with the BLM movement. So, they can't be automatically lumped in as a group in these types of discussions.
                      Last edited by IUPNation; 09-01-2020, 10:20 AM.

Comment

I'm just here to say: The NBA players did not boycott the playoffs, they went on strike (a wildcat strike nonetheless, which i think is one of the few terms in the political lexicon that accurately describes how cool the thing it's describing is). A boycott involves withholding money and a strike involves withholding labor. I do get why they didn't come out and say "We are on strike, against the wishes of union leadership and the terms of our contract with the NBA" though.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle74 View Post
                          Lol, any amount of them supporting it would be only a percentage. Even if it was 100%, it's still only a percentage. Did you mean a small percentage? You keep making all of these claims with nothing to back them up at all. It's like when Trump says "people are saying..."...but those people are actually just the idiotic "thoughts" he has.

Comment

Can we remember this is the general forums and not the Off Topic Forums please? Last night the President's Trophy winner (if given this season) was ousted from the NHL playoffs and the Av's stayed alive. Tonight the Flyers and Canucks will try to stay alive too.

*shameless attempt to get this back onto sports in the sports section of the forums*

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X