X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UNALions
    replied
    Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post
    Odd, but not impossible, scenario. What if the FBS NC game is 3-4 days away and one of the teams shows up with an unacceptable C19 positivity rate ? Push the game back, substitute #3 team, cancel the game, award remaining team default NC ?
    Probably a change in the date. Gotta have the revenue generated from that game.

Leave a comment:

• laker
    replied
    Washington and Wazzu won't be playing this weekend due to Covid at WSU.

Leave a comment:

• Mk63NuclearBomb
    replied
    Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post
    Odd, but not impossible, scenario. What if the FBS NC game is 3-4 days away and one of the teams shows up with an unacceptable C19 positivity rate ? Push the game back, substitute #3 team, cancel the game, award remaining team default NC ?
    I'd be fine with giving the remaining team the title, but most likely the game won't be played and we'll have a "title not awarded" in the record books

Leave a comment:

• CALUPA69
    replied

Leave a comment:

• laker
    replied
    Probably Indiana State.

Leave a comment:

• catatonic
    replied
    Originally posted by UNALions View Post
    A bit of a development in FCS. We'll see how it goes over the next few months.

Leave a comment:

• UNALions
    replied
    A bit of a development in FCS. We'll see how it goes over the next few months.
    The ASUN appears to be moving closer to the expansion that it had announced in January it was seeking.

Leave a comment:

• laker
    replied
    Originally posted by Mk63NuclearBomb View Post
    Who do you guys think the frontrunners for the heisman are? I think it's mostly between Justin Fields and Kyle Trask, with Zach Wilson and Mac Jones a fair way back.
    Trask is looking good. He should hope that A&M keeps winning.

I think what will determine the winner could be how many games you lose to Covid in addition to on the field. Lawrence was the front runner, then his missed a game and his team lost.

Wisconsin has missed two games already- if they miss another they won't be in the BIG playoff. At least they won't unless the rules are changed again.

Leave a comment:

• Mk63NuclearBomb
    replied
    Who do you guys think the frontrunners for the heisman are? I think it's mostly between Justin Fields and Kyle Trask, with Zach Wilson and Mac Jones a fair way back.

Leave a comment:

• Wildcat Khan
    replied
    In the initial rankings I think the Pac-12 had more ranked teams. My guess is that if someone like Utah, Washington, etc... can play well they will become ranked. They just dropped out because they weren't playing, same with the B1G teams initially too.

Can I say I'm happy though with what Gonzaga got for their OOC schedule in Basketball? Kansas, Auburn, Baylor, and Iowa. It is good to see the top teams out there trying to schedule games with each other with so many conferences conference only or losing games from canceled Thanksgiving tournaments.

Leave a comment:

• catatonic
    replied
    Originally posted by Wildcat Khan View Post

So no Pac-12 as there is talk of moving the bowls back? What if Oregon or USC run the table in the Pac-12?

Leave a comment:

• Mk63NuclearBomb
    replied

So no Pac-12 as there is talk of moving the bowls back? What if Oregon or USC run the table in the Pac-12?
    To clarify: that's what I think the playoff would be if the season shut down today. I'm not saying that Oregon or USC won't be deserving of a spot when it's all set and done, but I wouldn't put them in if I had to choose based on results up to this point.

Leave a comment:

• UNALions
    replied

I wonder also how much no Trevor Lawrence will effect the committee about Clemson. He was out both the BC and ND games.
    Yeah, I think that will affect their evaluation according to how the potential rematch goes.

Leave a comment:

• Wildcat Khan
    replied
    Originally posted by Mk63NuclearBomb View Post
    BYU and Cincy deserve playoff consideration, but I anticipate florida getting at #4 in after losing the SEC title game to Bama. If the season ended today, I think the playoff would look something like:

1. Bama

2. Ohio State

3. Florida

4. Notre Dame

Leave a comment:

• Wildcat Khan
    replied
    Originally posted by laker View Post

I think if Clemson plays ND in the ACC title game that they will win and get the nod over ND if they don't pick both of them. That assumes that Clemson gets there- BC almost beat them. OSU is the only BIG team barring a miracle- I would love to have Indiana win it- shades of 1967. I don't see any Small 12 team getting in- and a twelve pac team would have to be really impressive to pull of a playoff spot. Gators have already lost to A&M- I think that they would have to beat Bama to get in.

Too bad that there isn't an 8 team playoff because I really like what I see out of BYU and Cinci.
    I wonder also how much no Trevor Lawrence will effect the committee about Clemson. He was out both the BC and ND games.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X