X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• laker
    replied
    Originally posted by Mk63NuclearBomb View Post
    BYU and Cincy deserve playoff consideration, but I anticipate florida getting at #4 in after losing the SEC title game to Bama. If the season ended today, I think the playoff would look something like:

1. Bama

2. Ohio State

3. Florida

4. Notre Dame
    I think if Clemson plays ND in the ACC title game that they will win and get the nod over ND if they don't pick both of them. That assumes that Clemson gets there- BC almost beat them. OSU is the only BIG team barring a miracle- I would love to have Indiana win it- shades of 1967. I don't see any Small 12 team getting in- and a twelve pac team would have to be really impressive to pull of a playoff spot. Gators have already lost to A&M- I think that they would have to beat Bama to get in.

Too bad that there isn't an 8 team playoff because I really like what I see out of BYU and Cinci.

Leave a comment:

• Turbonium
    replied
    Originally posted by Wildcat Khan View Post

You know what I mean. West of the Midwest. They are also in the West Coast Conference for all other sports and would like have been one of three WCC teams in the canceled basketball tournament.
    Just never heard of them referred to as a west coast team before during a long time being of around the WAC and MWC. Sounds funny.

Leave a comment:

• Mk63NuclearBomb
    replied
    BYU and Cincy deserve playoff consideration, but I anticipate florida getting at #4 in after losing the SEC title game to Bama. If the season ended today, I think the playoff would look something like:

1. Bama

2. Ohio State

3. Florida

4. Notre Dame

Leave a comment:

• Wildcat Khan
    replied
    Originally posted by Turbonium View Post

BYU is a west coast team? The ocean must be closer to me than I thought.
    You know what I mean. West of the Midwest. They are also in the West Coast Conference for all other sports and would like have been one of three WCC teams in the canceled basketball tournament.

Leave a comment:

• catatonic
    replied
    Originally posted by UNALions View Post

Poor UNA has to go out there and play them in 2 weeks. It won't be pretty, I'm sure. But, Utah is beautiful and our team will get a good trip and paycheck. Lol.

UNA is 0-3 after competitive games with Liberty, Jacksonville St, and today at Southern Miss.
    That respectable showing against Liberty is looking better each week. Liberty is legit.

Leave a comment:

• Turbonium
    replied

I'm just glad they got to play a Top 25 team. It is good to see a West Coast team in the top 10 and wish that if they go undefeated that the playoff and bowls don't shaft them into a non-New Year's Bowl against a weak team they'll blow out. I mean they have a National Title in their history after all.

I'm also afraid their basketball team may not make the tourney with so few non-conference games if they lose to Gonzaga every time as they are already considered a bubble team to start the season.
    BYU is a west coast team? The ocean must be closer to me than I thought.

Leave a comment:

• Wildcat Khan
    replied

Poor UNA has to go out there and play them in 2 weeks. It won't be pretty, I'm sure. But, Utah is beautiful and our team will get a good trip and paycheck. Lol.

UNA is 0-3 after competitive games with Liberty, Jacksonville St, and today at Southern Miss.
    I'm just glad they got to play a Top 25 team. It is good to see a West Coast team in the top 10 and wish that if they go undefeated that the playoff and bowls don't shaft them into a non-New Year's Bowl against a weak team they'll blow out. I mean they have a National Title in their history after all.

I'm also afraid their basketball team may not make the tourney with so few non-conference games if they lose to Gonzaga every time as they are already considered a bubble team to start the season.

Leave a comment:

• UNALions
    replied
    BYU continues to win, this time big at Boise State. I still think that regardless they will be kept out of the playoff as a non-power 5 school and independent.

Leave a comment:

• Wildcat Khan
    replied
    BYU continues to win, this time big at Boise State. I still think that regardless they will be kept out of the playoff as a non-power 5 school and independent.

Leave a comment:

• laker
    replied
    Watching a televised game on the Boise St field is heinous.
    That reminds me of a Seinfeld episode where Kramer was smoking too many cigars. Jerry told him that his face looked like an old catcher's mitt. Kramer said, "Look away--- I'm hideous! "

Leave a comment:

• UNALions
    replied
    Watching a televised game on the Boise St field is heinous.

Leave a comment:

• Purple Mav Man
    replied
    I get too much joy from Minnesota Gopher struggles, I fully admit that. But last night was too much fun :) Gave up 675 yards to football powerhouse Maryland and took the L.

Leave a comment:

• shipfbfan1
    replied
    Well Wisconsin football season is in serious jeopardy with 6 players testing positive, plus the HC and 5 other staff members. They have suspended all FB activities for now and cancelled their Saturday game. Which means they'll have at max 7 games played total, not enough to warrant a Big 10 title. Their starting QB and 3rd string QB both tested positive and have to sit for a minimum 21 days which means they'll play their #2 QB next Saturday (if they're cleared to play) and his back up will be a walk-on. If the Big 10 had started their season on time like the SEC they would have time at the end of season to change the Big 10 championship game and allow teams to make games up. Sadly I forsee other teams facing similar situation hopefully it's not Ohio State or the Big 10 will be shut out of the playoffs.

Leave a comment:

• catatonic
    replied
    Originally posted by shipfbfan1 View Post
    Looks like the SEC will be a one team bid league, Clemson should get in, the Big 10 champion and either the Big 12 champion (if OSU can run the table), or Pac 10 champion will be the fourth team. Georgia blew their chance.to be the SEC's second bid. Florida may have an outside shot if the Big 10 beats each other up and the PAC 10 does the same.

Leave a comment:

• Runnin' Cat
    replied
    Originally posted by shipfbfan1 View Post

They're coming back in a few weeks begin conference only play in 2 weeks. They're delayed start probably hampers their chances of getting a playoff berth for their conference champion unless the other P5 conferences end up having teams lose multiple games.
    Sorry I did not add a sarcasm emoticon .

There is no Pac 10. It became the Pac 12 in 2011.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X