X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Who has the best stadium in all of D2

Originally posted by MrMustang View Post
    Interesting to see people's opinions.

I wouldn't rate UMD in the top 5 of the NSIC. It is nice and recent renovations, but it has a track around it.

I would rate it behind, Augie, Upper Iowa, SMSU for sure just in the NSIC.

I am probably the oddball here. Like I said interesting to see opinions. Many would think I'm nuts but I can live with it.
    I'm so glad you bring up Upper Iowa. It's not the biggest, but it doesn't have to be because of where it's at. UIU knows it's in a town of 1,300 people and 40 miles from even a town of 10,000 people, so a stadium that seats 5-10,000 wouldn't make much sense. Honestly, that's the one Division II stadium I would like to visit more than any other.

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post
      I like that aspect. I think they used to be called skyboxes when you had the option of being in or out.
      old school reference!

Comment

Originally posted by Stanger86 View Post
        I'm so glad you bring up Upper Iowa. It's not the biggest, but it doesn't have to be because of where it's at. UIU knows it's in a town of 1,300 people and 40 miles from even a town of 10,000 people, so a stadium that seats 5-10,000 wouldn't make much sense. Honestly, that's the one Division II stadium I would like to visit more than any other.

I was there before the renovations. It was nice then and it looks to have been improved.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanger86 View Post
          It's funny you said that because I am much the same way. I love it that they didn't overbuild. I'd really like to see the stadium as well.

Comment

SMSU isn't the biggest, but still a great atmosphere, and one of only a small group of schools that has a live animal mascot lead the team on the field.
            Last edited by DAWGS; 09-05-2019, 05:52 PM.

Comment

Pitt for sure

Comment

Humboldt State did. Poor HSU...

Comment

Comment

Great White Buffalo is no good with posting links. Go to the LSC forum - WT New Stadium - Post #871. Follow the link
                    New state of the art stadium, on Campus, seats 8,500, Max capacity is 12,000
                    This is the best in D2 and it's not close
                    The Great White Buffalo has Returned

Comment

Another really good stadium made for a town of its size is Chadron State. This is a new stadium entering its 2nd year.

Pros- No track, nice surroundings, pretty good gameday atmosphere

Cons-lack of decent visitor seating

Elliot Field at Don Beebe Stadium

Click image for larger version  Name:	5b96b708bfd70.image.jpg?resize=1200%2C801.jpg Views:	0 Size:	59.7 KB ID:	418421

Comment

The two grass fields of the RMAC are both pretty nice scenery wise. Mountaineer Bowl has a great backdrop from the home side overlooking Gunnison and looking to W Mtn to the south, while Fort Lewis' visitor side has the best mountain views of anywhere in D2.
                        You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMustang View Post

SMSU gets dinged because of the visitor side of the stadium and the small seats on that side, but we have the best suites by a long long ways. Our suits have both indoor and outdoor seasting, something that neither Augie or Winona have with their suites (you have to sit inside even on a great day) and we have the modern open concourse so fabs can always see the game when going to the bathroom or concession stand.
                          I think part of what locals like about Mattke is that it's not the old Mattke. That makes it easier to look past some of the negatives of the facility.

But yes, it is a thing of beauty!

Comment

Ok. Let's try this Click on the Pic.
                            West Texas A&M University celebrated two special milestones on Friday at its campus, the unveiling of the refurbished white buffalo and cutting the ribbon on the new football stadium. �Saturday afternoon, we will have five or six times in the fall, it�s like lighting a campfire,� said Dr. Walter Wendler, WT President. �People will draw near it and they�ll feel part of it as they come onto campus.
                            The Great White Buffalo has Returned

Comment

We've got handrails now, guys. Moving up in the world. We do have the nicest natural grass field in D2, though.

Comment

Originally posted by Supercal95 View Post
                                We've got handrails now, guys. Moving up in the world. We do have the nicest natural grass field in D2, though.
                                I liked Blakeslee the one time I was there in 2012. It's not the newest or the nicest, but the sight lines were superb.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X