Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GrifFan View Post

I liked Blakeslee the one time I was there in 2012. It's not the newest or the nicest, but the sight lines were superb.
    If it was newer/nicer, they'd probably be Division I by now.

Comment

Originally posted by Supercal95 View Post
      We've got handrails now, guys. Moving up in the world. We do have the nicest natural grass field in D2, though.
      No doubt. It's unbelievable how nice that grass is.

Comment

This is the new leader....

Click image for larger version

Name:	wt0.jpg
Views:	503
Size:	52.4 KB
ID:	418514

Comment

Name:	wt1.jpg
Views:	366
Size:	60.5 KB
ID:	418516

Comment

Name:	wt2.jpg
Views:	352
Size:	59.5 KB
ID:	418518

Comment

GWB have firewater, come down and smoke peace pipe.
              The Great White Buffalo has Returned

Comment

This guy knows what he's talking about!

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post
                  This is the new leader....

Click image for larger version  Name:	wt0.jpg Views:	34 Size:	52.4 KB ID:	418514
                  Honestly, the WTAM stadium looks like another football McMansion that Texas is full of. Maybe it'll grow into the best, but it's lacking in character. Definitely better than the old stadium I visited back in 2010 or so.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanger86 View Post
                    This guy knows what he's talking about!

I got a rogue drop or two from where I was seated, but other than that I was completely dry.

Now that I think about it, this is probably my first game in the rain - or at least that large of a rainstorm. That awning sure is nice to have, especially considering they probably could have completely skipped it in the design.

Comment

I think the University of Sioux Falls is somewhat underrated. It "could" be better, but I really like what they do have there. I haven't sat in the second deck though, I think that might be my next goal.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMustang View Post
                        Re: Who has the best stadium in all of D2

SMSU gets dinged because of the visitor side of the stadium and the small seats on that side, but we have the best suites by a long long ways. Our suits have both indoor and outdoor seasting, something that neither Augie or Winona have with their suites (you have to sit inside even on a great day) and we have the modern open concourse so fabs can always see the game when going to the bathroom or concession stand.
                        My understanding of the visitor's side bleachers is that they were "meant" to be temporary - the Phase 2 renderings show bleachers built into the berm, as well as enclosed suite staircases.

It would be nice if they could install heaters on the concourse, but that's neither here nor there. I'm pretty impressed with what we do have.

Comment

Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post

My understanding of the visitor's side bleachers is that they were "meant" to be temporary - the Phase 2 renderings show bleachers built into the berm, as well as enclosed suite staircases.

It would be nice if they could install heaters on the concourse, but that's neither here nor there. I'm pretty impressed with what we do have.
                          I've come to believe that next time a stadium project comes up here with multiple phases, to just ignore everything beyond Phase 1. Got my hopes way up when the renderings came out, but I don't think they were ever realistic. Especially after once seeing a rendering of what Phase 2 of the R/A Facility would've been like.

Comment

Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post

I got a rogue drop or two from where I was seated, but other than that I was completely dry.

Now that I think about it, this is probably my first game in the rain - or at least that large of a rainstorm. That awning sure is nice to have, especially considering they probably could have completely skipped it in the design.
                            If I remember right, that design feature was inspired by the awning/overhang at the Sporting KC soccer stadium.

Comment

Originally posted by IronOre View Post

Honestly, the WTAM stadium looks like another football McMansion that Texas is full of. Maybe it'll grow into the best, but it's lacking in character. Definitely better than the old stadium I visited back in 2010 or so.
                              What stadium can beat it?

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post

What stadium can beat it?
                                I don't know, but it could use some character. We could send them the "Not a Urinal" signs CWU used to have over the sinks in the bathroom. That would help a little.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X