Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IronOre View Post

I don't know, but it could use some character. We could send them the "Not a Urinal" signs CWU used to have over the sinks in the bathroom. That would help a little.
    I always think brick would be a good idea.

Comment

Honestly, the WTAM stadium looks like another football McMansion that Texas is full of. Maybe it'll grow into the best, but it's lacking in character. Definitely better than the old stadium I visited back in 2010 or so.
      The fact that the stadium is in Texas shouldn't be a disqualifier for a vote for number 1. It certainly looks as good as it gets in small college ball, at least in the photos I have seen.

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post
        This is the new leader....

Click image for larger version

Name:	wt0.jpg
Views:	503
Size:	52.4 KB
ID:	418514
        This stadium honestly looks a lot like McKinney
        Help out D2football.com - click on an ad

Comment

Originally posted by Herb Street View Post

The fact that the stadium is in Texas shouldn't be a disqualifier for a vote for number 1. It certainly looks as good as it gets in small college ball, at least in the photos I have seen.
          Elle McPherson still looks hot in photos

Comment

Originally posted by Runnin' Cat View Post

Elle McPherson still looks hot in photos
            I remember when once a year CWU may have had the best stadium in D-2, although every other year I guess it was WWU.

It would be great for the LSC scheduling alliance maybe to bring back "The Battle in Seattle" for one of CWU's home games in it, make travel for the Texas schools easier as well with SeaTac right there.

Comment

Brandon that stadium is amazing for D2, Texas or not

Comment

Texas and their football stadiums...

Allen, TX:

McKinney, TX

Midland, TX

Comment

McKinney, TX

OT: Speaking of the McKinney ISD Stadium. I hope the NCAA drops some dime to paint over McKinney's turf markings for the National Championship game this year.

Comment

Some Texas high schools have enrollments of 6000 to 8000 students. I don't like that for a number of reasons, but that's why you see these huge stadiums.

Comment

McKinney ISD currently enrolls more than 24,500 students in 20 elementary schools, five middle schools, three high schools, two alternative campuses and one early childhood education center.

https://www.mckinneyisd.net/about-misd/

I wonder if all 3 high schools use it?

Comment

Union in Tulsa is rebuilding theirs, I think it will hold 10k like the old one, but be nicer. I think they have 2200 students. Jenks has about 3400 students and theirs holds about 7700 people.

Comment

Some Texas high schools have enrollments of 6000 to 8000 students. I don't like that for a number of reasons, but that's why you see these huge stadiums.
                          High school football fields should have rickety wooden bleachers, a squawky sound system no one can understand, and a field with topography. Anything else is decadence.

Comment

Not the best stadium, but a fun fact is that Clark Atl's stadium was originally built as a field hockey venue for the 96 summer Olympics. Also, they inherited the Olympic track when it was removed from Turner Field/Olympic Stadium.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanger86 View Post

I've come to believe that next time a stadium project comes up here with multiple phases, to just ignore everything beyond Phase 1. Got my hopes way up when the renderings came out, but I don't think they were ever realistic. Especially after once seeing a rendering of what Phase 2 of the R/A Facility would've been like.
                              Yeah, I'm certainly not expecting them to come through on it, save for a large donation from a generous alumni. We'll need a new scoreboard in the upcoming years, but that's really the only big improvement I see happening.

I never saw the renderings for R/A. They've done a few things to spruce it up in the past couple years, but it always felt somewhat half-finished to me. It's a great space, but it doesn't have a lot of character. It feels very generic, which for a basketball-heavy school like SMSU, is not a good thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanger86 View Post

If I remember right, that design feature was inspired by the awning/overhang at the Sporting KC soccer stadium.
                                It's really unique, that's for sure. I remember going back there a couple times when it was being built and thinking it looked really cool.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X