• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JakeTAMUC View Post

I knew it was a joke.
    Awesome.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tech Boys View Post

Southern Arkansas has a Mule on the field for their games also.
      Doesn't Arkansas Tech have a bunch of nerds on the field as well?

Comment

• Originally posted by IronOre View Post

Maybe. We have Jerry too.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Dlit_MzU8AA2X1p.jpg
Views:	364
Size:	63.6 KB
ID:	423254

Comment

• Originally posted by Tech Boys View Post

Maybe. We have Jerry too.

Name:	Dlit_MzU8AA2X1p.jpg
Views:	364
Size:	63.6 KB
ID:	423254

the most wonderful boy there ever was

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	raceBanner-uAffhXMS-bDy9kp.jpg
Views:	351
Size:	54.5 KB
ID:	427324 Carson-newman

Comment

• Re: Who has the best stadium in all of D2

This may be biased, but I have to go with Grand Valley's, Lubbers Stadium. Largest in the GLIAC, at 10,800, but games have been filled with 16,000+ at times. Largest video board in D2, just added the new Hosford Football Center at the South end zone that greatly improves the player facilities (locker rooms, offices, etc...). The pregame atmosphere is a blast. Thousands of tailgaters, fan zones, and Laker's gear everywhere. I have been to a few other GLIAC stadiums, and none of them compare to the atmosphere here. The only one that can come close is Top Taggert Field at Ferris St., but that was when they played GV in the last few years with the rivalry being renewed.

They only complaint I have is the student section. Even before I was student there, by the time the fourth quarter starts, most of the students have left the game. If the game is close, or important to the season, students start leaving. The exception being a close game with Ferris St., or a late round playoff game. Still though, those that stay are loud and involved throughout the game. It doesn't kill the atmosphere, but you can tell it becomes reduced.

Comment

• Originally posted by LakerUP13 View Post
                Re: Who has the best stadium in all of D2

This may be biased, but I have to go with Grand Valley's, Lubbers Stadium. Largest in the GLIAC, at 10,800, but games have been filled with 16,000+ at times. Largest video board in D2, just added the new Hosford Football Center at the South end zone that greatly improves the player facilities (locker rooms, offices, etc...). The pregame atmosphere is a blast. Thousands of tailgaters, fan zones, and Laker's gear everywhere. I have been to a few other GLIAC stadiums, and none of them compare to the atmosphere here. The only one that can come close is Top Taggert Field at Ferris St., but that was when they played GV in the last few years with the rivalry being renewed.

They only complaint I have is the student section. Even before I was student there, by the time the fourth quarter starts, most of the students have left the game. If the game is close, or important to the season, students start leaving. The exception being a close game with Ferris St., or a late round playoff game. Still though, those that stay are loud and involved throughout the game. It doesn't kill the atmosphere, but you can tell it becomes reduced.
                I don't think it is the largest video board in D2 anymore.
                2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

• West Texas

Comment

• Originally posted by IronOre View Post

You're confusing smart people with wannabe comic book superheroes.

Comment

• Originally posted by KleShreen View Post

I don't think it is the largest video board in D2 anymore.
                      I forgot West Texas opened their new stadium, good for them. I'm still proud of GV's board. Nothing to be ashamed of at all

Comment

• Originally posted by LakerUP13 View Post

I forgot West Texas opened their new stadium, good for them. I'm still proud of GV's board. Nothing to be ashamed of at all
                        Of course not. Great stadium and great atmospher.

Comment

• Originally posted by 4_tattoos View Post
                          If Bowman-Gray Stadium (Winston-Salem State) didn't have an auto racing track around the field, it would easily be one of the best in D2. A running track would be an upgrade to that.

Name:	bowman-gray-stadium-680x365_c.jpg
Views:	426
Size:	84.1 KB
ID:	421753
                          Disagree. The racetrack around it is PERFECT for Winston-Salem, NC. And is quite unique! Looks like a fun place.

Comment

• Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post
                            I think the University of Sioux Falls is somewhat underrated. It "could" be better, but I really like what they do have there. I haven't sat in the second deck though, I think that might be my next goal.

Originally posted by Stanger86 View Post

I've come to believe that next time a stadium project comes up here with multiple phases, to just ignore everything beyond Phase 1. Got my hopes way up when the renderings came out, but I don't think they were ever realistic. Especially after once seeing a rendering of what Phase 2 of the R/A Facility would've been like.
                            Saw this thread pop back up and realized I had never combed through it. I am somewhat of a stadium nerd myself. Little better pic:

Name:	IMG_3342.JPG
Views:	227
Size:	57.2 KB
ID:	466861

I think underrated is a spot-on description of the Bob SW_Mustang . Wouldn't call it tops in the NSIC but definitely one of the tops. It's a great little stadium for a school the size of USF. As the trees have finally grown and filled in it feels much less incomplete.

Stanger said it best to ignore everything past phase 1. There's supposed to be these cool looking party decks off each wing of the press box but those will likely never be finished. In addition to tearing down the module trailers that, thankfully, now only serve as the visiting team locker rooms (instead of ours as well), for a field house of sorts. Maybe someday I'll get around to donating some money to get the ball rolling.

Good stuff browsing through here. Need to check out a few of these!

4x 'Crackerjack' NAIA National Champions - 1996, 2006, 2008, 2009
                            2016 NSIC Champions
                            🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X