Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NFL 2020

New thread. Talk about the games and teams and players. No politics.

If you want to talk about politics send me a request for approval for the Off-Topic section which is hidden from most. Be aware, it is not moderated like the rest of the board so you have to have thick skin to enter.

Thanks you for the heads up . I watched a couple of games today, but was mostly focused on the Dolphins-Patriots game. Weird not hearing or seeing a crowd. Another thing, Ryan Fitzpatrick is "the guy who would not die." Dang, dude is supposedly not good enough to be a pro QB, but every season he's in another city, starting for another franchise. I believe he'played and started for at least 6-7 other teams.

Comment

Enjoyed watching part of the Panthers vs Raiders game today, and even though the Panthers ended up losing, which may be the first of many, it was still a lot better than the Chiefs vs Texans NFL debut entertainment game.
      Last edited by Eagle74; 09-16-2020, 11:29 AM.

Comment

The shot of the announcers right now reminded me a lot of the Raven's/SF Super Bowl in New Orleans. With the light out over Troy Aikman and no lights over the stands it looked so dark just like when the power went out.

Comment

In review of the NFL today, I feel as though I got my NFL fix with the Panthers vs Raiders game today. Moving forward I'll probably be sticking to College Football and other sports for the next few weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle74 View Post
            In review of the NFL today, I feel as though I got my NFL fix with the Panthers vs Raiders game today. Moving forward I'll probably be sticking to College Football and other sports for the next few weeks.
            For those of us with no college sports in our area, NFL is what we have left for football. I'm not really into college football right now with no Pac-12 and no MWC games.

Comment

Originally posted by Wildcat Khan View Post

For those of us with no college sports in our area, NFL is what we have left for football. I'm not really into college football right now with no Pac-12 and no MWC games.
              Fortunately, The ACC (including future full sport member Notre Dame) along with Appalachian State and UNC-Charlotte are presently filling my television screen with excellent College Football so far this season, with some nice match-ups coming up. Also looking forward to seeing some nice SEC games in the future

Comment

The much anticipated debut of the Carolina Panthers new QB teddy bridgwater, to me was basically a major disappointment, and has me (and others) feeling as though it was a much over hyped pickup. In what I'm sure is the opinion of a large number of Panthers fans, Carolina would have been better off picking up a third stringer from other teams.

Aside from a thrown 75 yard touchdown from a blown assignment and a slip on the grass by the defender, bridgwater's QB rating would be very disappointing to say the least. One game in and I hope one of their backups get a shot at starting pretty soon, hopefully against a talent guided team such as their upcoming Tampa foe. Right now, unless Carolina manages to get the ball over and over into the hands of their RB Christian McCaffrey, I see the Buccaneers cruising to a 21 point victory.

Comment

I enjoyed seeing the games being played, but I enjoyed watching ACC football more, the previous day. The empty stadiums and fake crowd noise are a huge turnoff. Why not at least try to have fans? Smacks of effortlessness. I watched the Packers and Vikings slugfest, but only because it was the only game I could stream online (another turnoff of NFL) without having to be at home. I won't be long for this NFL season, I don't think. Not when the SEC/ACC and now Big Ten games are so compelling and even D2 is playing in my neck of the woods.

Comment

Originally posted by ccmoney8 View Post
                    I enjoyed seeing the games being played, but I enjoyed watching ACC football more, the previous day. The empty stadiums and fake crowd noise are a huge turnoff. Why not at least try to have fans? Smacks of effortlessness. I watched the Packers and Vikings slugfest, but only because it was the only game I could stream online (another turnoff of NFL) without having to be at home. I won't be long for this NFL season, I don't think. Not when the SEC/ACC and now Big Ten games are so compelling and even D2 is playing in my neck of the woods.
                    I agree 100%! Even with reduced fans in the stands because of COVID-19, the college games have emerged as being more real football that the fans were yearning for this year. You can see the college players giving it all they have with every snap of the ball.

Based on what I've seen lately, I would like to see all pro players (in all sports) having to post the amount of money they are being paid 'per game' on the back of their jerseys above their numbers. It would add a new perspective to things for a lot of fans who struggle on a regular bases to make ends meet.

Comment

The much anticipated debut of the Carolina Panthers new QB teddy bridgwater, to me was basically a major disappointment, and has me (and others) feeling as though it was a much over hyped pickup. In what I'm sure is the opinion of a large number of Panthers fans, Carolina would have been better off picking up a third stringer from other teams.

Aside from a thrown 75 yard touchdown from a blown assignment and a slip on the grass by the defender, bridgwater's QB rating would be very disappointing to say the least. One game in and I hope one of their backups get a shot at starting pretty soon, hopefully against a talent guided team such as their upcoming Tampa foe. Right now, unless Carolina manages to get the ball over and over into the hands of their RB Christian McCaffrey, I see the Buccaneers cruising to a 21 point victory.
                      I think a pre-season would have helped a lot for Bridgewater, Rivers, and Brady. That time to develop timing with receivers for rookie QB's and veterans changing teams was lost with no OTA's and no pre-season.

Comment

Bridgewater seemed to not have his head totally focused on the football game., maybe to many distractions. I'm all in favor of the Panthers giving one of their talented backups a shot.

Comment

I'm happy to say that I didn't watch one minute of NFL football this past weekend. This from a person that in past seasons watched every minute of every available game. Thought I'd miss it...turns out not so much. Given the big week 1 ratings dip for the NFL, I clearly wan't alone.

Comment

Bridgewater seemed to not have his head totally focused on the football game., maybe to many distractions. I'm all in favor of the Panthers giving one of their talented backups a shot.

Comment

Originally posted by ccmoney8 View Post
                              it was the only game I could stream online (another turnoff of NFL) without having to be at home.
                              Sportsurge.net

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X