Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Turbonium View Post

Sportsurge.net
    Thanks, interesting. I had never heard of this one. Looks like they got kicked off Reddit. Might try it when I'm not on work equipment.

Comment

With the rash of injuries everywhere in the league, some d2 guys should get on the 53 man rosters.

Comment

In my opinion, several of the former D-2 QBs would be doing a much better job than the Carolina Panther's (good guy) terry bridgwater.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle74 View Post
          In my opinion, several of the former D-2 QBs would be doing a much better job than the Carolina Panther's (good guy) terry bridgwater.
          With the 2020 CFL season canceled, it makes you wonder if a former D2 QB that won a Grey Cup MVP could play doesn't it? I know usually NFL teams can't sign CFL players under contract, but wonder if an exception could be made this season. Bo Levi Mitchell is an FCS one there too.

Also SF could be looking for a QB for a few weeks now too.

Comment

NFL Hall of Fame RB Gale Sayers has passed away. I'm old enough to remember watching Sayers play and he was one of the best. May he rest in peace.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...rs-dies-age-77
            Last edited by crixus; 09-23-2020, 12:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by crixus View Post
              NFL Hall of Fame RB Gale Sayers has passed away. I'm old enough to remember watching Sayers play and he was one of the best. May he rest in peace.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...rs-dies-age-77
              My personal memory of seeing his greatness even in a rare defeat. Sept 17, 1967 at Pitt Stadium first game of the season. Steelers take opening KO and get close enough for a 41 Mike Clark FG go up 3-0. KO goes 3 yds deep and is returned 103 yds by GS. OK, not a problem. Until on the next drive the Steelers fumble and it's returned 37 yds for a TD. Missed EP so 13-3 Bears. Getting ugly fast but that's what you expected from the Bill Austin Steelers. Ultimately this team finished 4-9-1. But on this strange Sunday they scored 38 unanswered points to rout the Monsters of the Midway 41-13. As much as I enjoyed the game, seeing Sayers float past the kickoff team was what has stuck in my mind from 53 years ago. Amazing talent and man. RIP

Comment

I checked, and the Carolina Panther's Terry Bridgewater (who may have more turnovers than a German baker) is raking in this kind of $$$$$$$$

Teddy Bridgewater signed a 3 year, $63,000,000 contract with the Carolina Panthers, including a $15,000,000 signing bonus, $33,000,000 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $21,000,000. In 2020, Bridgewater will earn a base salary of $8,000,000, a signing bonus of $15,000,000, a roster bonus of $750,000 and a workout bonus of $250,000, while carrying a cap hit of $14,000,000 and a dead cap value of $33,000,000.

Comment

I checked, and the Carolina Panther's Terry Bridgewater (who may have more turnovers than a German baker) is raking in this kind of $$$$$$$$

Teddy Bridgewater signed a 3 year, $63,000,000 contract with the Carolina Panthers, including a $15,000,000 signing bonus, $33,000,000 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $21,000,000. In 2020, Bridgewater will earn a base salary of $8,000,000, a signing bonus of $15,000,000, a roster bonus of $750,000 and a workout bonus of $250,000, while carrying a cap hit of $14,000,000 and a dead cap value of $33,000,000.
                  Exaggerate the turnovers a little more please. 2 INT's and 1 lost fumble in 2 games. Not great, but whatever your agenda is, keep spinning. Teddy isn't Brees, but he is far from garbage. Compare that contract to others starting QB's signed the past 2 years. He is on the lower end at $21M/year. That dead cap value goes down after this season. The Panthers are a pathetic team that was built to tank in 2020. Luke Kuechly was having no part of "the process". I don't blame him for retiring.

Comment

Bill Belichick looks like he's been tortured and held hostage. :D

Last edited by crixus; 09-23-2020, 04:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by crixus View Post
                      Bill Belichick looks like he's been tortured and held hostage. :D

I saw the photo earlier and thought it was Photo Shopped. He really showed up to the presser looking like that! When you're the GOAT, you don't have to give a damn!

Comment

Originally posted by wssuram View Post

Teddy isn't Brees, but he is far from garbage. Compare that contract to others starting QB's signed the past 2 years. He is on the lower end at $21M/year. That dead cap value goes down after this season. The Panthers are a pathetic team that was built to tank in 2020. Luke Kuechly was having no part of "the process". I don't blame him for retiring.
                        For the money former West Virginia QB, Will Grier should definitely get the start, and a lot of Panther fans agree. He's sharpened his skills and has matured quite a bit since arriving in Charlotte as a rookie.

Will Grier signed a 4 year, $3,852,996 contract with the Carolina Panthers, including a $822,180 signing bonus, $822,180 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $963,249.

Comment

For the money former West Virginia QB, Will Grier should definitely get the start, and a lot of Panther fans agree. He's sharpened his skills and has matured quite a bit since arriving in Charlotte as a rookie.

Will Grier signed a 4 year, $3,852,996 contract with the Carolina Panthers, including a $822,180 signing bonus, $822,180 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $963,249.

Comment

I'm very surprised you aren't an NFL coach or executive.

Comment

Originally posted by wssuram View Post

Exaggerate the turnovers a little more please. 2 INT's and 1 lost fumble in 2 games. Not great, but whatever your agenda is, keep spinning. Teddy isn't Brees, but he is far from garbage. Compare that contract to others starting QB's signed the past 2 years. He is on the lower end at $21M/year. That dead cap value goes down after this season. The Panthers are a pathetic team that was built to tank in 2020. Luke Kuechly was having no part of "the process". I don't blame him for retiring.
                              It probably hurts Panthers fans seeing how Cam is playing in New England too. I'm also curious, does Bridgewater have any weapons left to throw to? I thought they traded all of them away last season. The only real name I recognize on the team now is Okung, but that's only due to his time in Seattle and that he won a Super Bowl with them.

Comment

Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post

My personal memory of seeing his greatness even in a rare defeat. Sept 17, 1967 at Pitt Stadium first game of the season. Steelers take opening KO and get close enough for a 41 Mike Clark FG go up 3-0. KO goes 3 yds deep and is returned 103 yds by GS. OK, not a problem. Until on the next drive the Steelers fumble and it's returned 37 yds for a TD. Missed EP so 13-3 Bears. Getting ugly fast but that's what you expected from the Bill Austin Steelers. Ultimately this team finished 4-9-1. But on this strange Sunday they scored 38 unanswered points to rout the Monsters of the Midway 41-13. As much as I enjoyed the game, seeing Sayers float past the kickoff team was what has stuck in my mind from 53 years ago. Amazing talent and man. RIP
                                Gales Sayers scores 6 TD's in one game on a very muddy field.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X