Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eagle74 View Post

For the money former West Virginia QB, Will Grier should definitely get the start, and a lot of Panther fans agree. He's sharpened his skills and has matured quite a bit since arriving in Charlotte as a rookie.

Will Grier signed a 4 year, $3,852,996 contract with the Carolina Panthers, including a $822,180 signing bonus, $822,180 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $963,249.
    I guess I never cared about the owner's balance sheet, but you do you.

Comment

Originally posted by crixus View Post

Gales Sayers scores 6 TD's in one game on a very muddy field.

My favorite RB of all time. He was a treat to watch and to imagine being him while playing in football in the yard. The books and movie about him and Piccolo really showed him to be a great man.

Comment

Originally posted by Wildcat Khan View Post

It probably hurts Panthers fans seeing how Cam is playing in New England too. I'm also curious, does Bridgewater have any weapons left to throw to? I thought they traded all of them away last season. The only real name I recognize on the team now is Okung, but that's only due to his time in Seattle and that he won a Super Bowl with them.
        The Panthers roster is trash. They have no offensive weapons. McCaffrey's ankle injury may be a blessing in disguise. He would be overused.

Comment

Originally posted by wssuram View Post

The Panthers roster is trash. They have no offensive weapons. McCaffrey's ankle injury may be a blessing in disguise. He would be overused.
          Which is what I thought. That's why I don't agree with putting all the blame on Bridgewater. Put Tom Brady there and it would probably be about the same, but someone like Wilson, Watson, or Mahomes may be able to do decent with their legs. Seattle fans know that about Wilson when he had no o-line due to cap reasons.

Comment

The Panthers still have some very good talent on their team, and at this point, they should give Will Grier a shot at running the team. Bridgewater seemed very distracted when I watched him play, I guess he really got comfortable playing the backup roll behind an elite level QB down in N.O. for so long.

Comment

The Panthers still have some very good talent on their team, and at this point, they should give Will Grier a shot at running the team. Bridgewater seemed very distracted when I watched him play, I guess he really got comfortable playing the backup roll behind an elite level QB down in N.O. for so long.
              The backup QB is always the most popular. And also the backup

Comment

Yeah, Bridgewater got so comfortable being Brees backup that he went 5-0 as the Saints starter last season while Brees was injured. Meanwhile, your guy Will Grier went 0-2 in 2 starts with zero touchdowns and 4 interceptions including a pick six. Yep, Grier has earned the right to start.

Comment

Yea, lets fully judge Will based on two games back when he first came into the NFL. The seasoned bridgwater (who gets paid over 10 times what Will Grier is paid) has been nothing but a huge disappointment for a lot of the 0-2 Panthers fans so far.

Comment

Yea, lets fully judge Will based on two games back when he first came into the NFL. The seasoned bridgwater (who gets paid over 10 times what Will Grier is paid) has been nothing but a huge disappointment for a lot of the 0-2 Panthers fans so far.
                    How is protection? Does he have time to survey the field? Any non-mobile QB will be bad if he has no protection including Peyton Manning, Drew Brees, and Tom Brady. Same with a running game, which is what made Barry Sanders one of the best backs ever in my mind. Even Russel Wilson though was sacked a lot more when he had no O-line in front of him.

You can't put it all on the QB if his O-line looks more like matadors and the QB has pressure 2-3 seconds into a play. By contrast, Bridgewater had an O-line in New Orleans and quality receivers. I'm asking as we don't get the Panthers games here.

Comment

Originally posted by Wildcat Khan View Post

How is protection? Does he have time to survey the field? Any non-mobile QB will be bad if he has no protection including Peyton Manning, Drew Brees, and Tom Brady. Same with a running game, which is what made Barry Sanders one of the best backs ever in my mind. Even Russel Wilson though was sacked a lot more when he had no O-line in front of him.

You can't put it all on the QB if his O-line looks more like matadors and the QB has pressure 2-3 seconds into a play. By contrast, Bridgewater had an O-line in New Orleans and quality receivers. I'm asking as we don't get the Panthers games here.
                      Crap O-line. Panthers are tanking.

Comment

A bit surprising, but Seattle and Dallas have first 23-15 halftime score in NFL history. Neither one of those is strange scores, but Dallas has 2 missed XP (one was blocked) and Seattle has a safety.

Comment

Congrats to the Panthers and starting QB Teddy Bridgewater for a win over a very solid Chargers team.

Comment

Originally posted by Turbonium View Post
                            Congrats to the Panthers and starting QB Teddy Bridgewater for a win over a very solid Chargers team.
                            Yep, they're looking better. WR Robbie Anderson and RB Mike Davis have been catching almost everything thrown in their general direction.

Comment

Were 3-0, Go Pack Go!

Comment

Yep, they're looking better. WR Robbie Anderson and RB Mike Davis have been catching almost everything thrown in their general direction.
                                I don't know why they don't play Will Grier at QB in games. They have been able to watch him in practice for over a year.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X