Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WT_TKW View Post

No one here misses him. I'm hoping he will be the next coach of the Cowboys.
    Could be. McCarthy's takin' a lot of heat already.

Comment

WT's former kicker Sergio Castillo just made his first NFL field goal for Jets against the Bills.

Comment

Green Bay is now 5-1.

Comment

My Cowboys set another dumpster fire today. Incredible what Dak Prescott was able to make things happen with that anemic offensive line. Andy Dalton's Statue of Liberty style of play gives the Cowboys zero chance. Still hate he went down like he did. Certainly don't think the James Madison kid is ready.

Comment

https://mobile.twitter.com/Buccaneer...264924/photo/3

Comment

Elsewhere in the NFL, the Saints and Panthers play a close one as they jockey for position in the NFC South. Future Hall of Famer Drew Brees and the persistent Teddy Bridgewater put up similar numbers in solid performances with Brees' Saints edging the Panthers 27-24. I am skeptical of a team from this division making the Super Bowl, but generally enjoy these divisional match-ups.

Note: Thank you, Wildcat Khan for pointing out my error of saying "playoffs" instead of "Super Bowl". Corrected
              Last edited by wssuram; 10-25-2020, 10:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by wssuram View Post
                Elsewhere in the NFL, the Saints and Panthers play a close one as they jockey for position in the NFC South. Future Hall of Famer Drew Brees and the persistent Teddy Bridgewater put up similar numbers in solid performances with Brees' Saints edging the Panthers 27-24. I am skeptical of a team from this division making the playoffs, but generally enjoy these divisional match-ups.
                You do know at least one team from each division gets to the playoffs? Even the one led by a 2-4-1 team called the NFC East. At this point the leader of the NFC South would be the 3 seed.

Comment

Originally posted by wssuram View Post
                  Elsewhere in the NFL, the Saints and Panthers play a close one as they jockey for position in the NFC South. Future Hall of Famer Drew Brees and the persistent Teddy Bridgewater put up similar numbers in solid performances with Brees' Saints edging the Panthers 27-24. I am skeptical of a team from this division making the playoffs, but generally enjoy these divisional match-ups.
                  Teddy Bridgwater taking a lengthy sack on 3rd down and basically putting the Panthers out of range for a tying field goal with little time on the clock was like a rookie mistake, no excuse. The tying field goal attempt came up short by a few feet and would have definitely had been good if teddy would have had his head in the game.

Comment

How 'bout them Steelers today?? Keep stacking them Ws, and clean up the tipped passes issues......

Comment

• Originally posted by Wildcat Khan View Post

You do know at least one team from each division gets to the playoffs? Even the one led by a 2-4-1 team called the NFC East. At this point the leader of the NFC South would be the 3 seed.
                      I would favor a rule that says a .500 or less team does not get an automatic bid. That team could only qualify via the wild card.

Comment

• Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post
                        I would favor a rule that says a .500 or less team does not get an automatic bid. That team could only qualify via the wild card.
                        Yet the only sub.500 team to win a division so far beat the defending Super Bowl champs. Beast Quake was done by the Seachickens as they were 7-9 going into that game. The way the NFC East going, as IronOre pointed out in the Off Topic NFL thread they could have a 4-11-1 team win the division in the NFC LEast.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eagle74 View Post

Teddy Bridgwater taking a lengthy sack on 3rd down and basically putting the Panthers out of range for a tying field goal with little time on the clock was like a rookie mistake, no excuse. The tying field goal attempt came up short by a few feet and would have definitely had been good if teddy would have had his head in the game.
                          Absolutely the sack was costly but to call it a rookie mistake is a stretch. Super Bowl champion QB's make the same mistake in key moments. On another note, I have to give DJ Moore his props. He is showing to be a pretty solid WR with upside.

Comment

• Originally posted by wssuram View Post

Absolutely the sack was costly but to call it a rookie mistake is a stretch. Super Bowl champion QB's make the same mistake in key moments. On another note, I have to give DJ Moore his props. He is showing to be a pretty solid WR with upside.
                            I wonder if it was Jim Kelly's fault for losing the Super Bowl where Norwood missed the game winning field goal. After all, if he'd scored a touchdown the kick wouldn't have mattered. I also note no blame is going to the defense for allowing 27 points to a QB who's 41 years old.
                            Last edited by Wildcat Khan; 10-27-2020, 06:36 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by WT_TKW View Post

Letting the MVP of the Super Bowl get away wasn't ideal. I don't see Wentz ever taking any team that far.
                              Honestly if we traded Wentz and kept Foles I don't think this team would have won it all in 2018 or 2019 because we invested poorly. We overpaid aging veteran players like Graham and Peters and botched the 2018 and 2019 drafts. Foles is putting up worse numbers in Chicago than Wentz is this year (outside the interceptions) and he has his starting OL as opposed to Wentz playing with only his starting Center and the rest are PS guys, 6th and 7th rounders. Our starting LT well now RT is only in his 3rd year of ever playing football which shows you how bad our depth is right now although he's held it down pretty well since being thrown into the starting lineup. I would love to see Mailata keep the LT position and move Peters inside where he doesn't need to rely as much on speed and can use his strength to get push. Thank God the NFC East stinks, if we win Sunday night we go into the bye 3-4-1 in first place and are set up to go on a little run to get over .500 and maybe salvage this season with a winning record as we return many of our injured players in 2-4 weeks.

Comment

• Steelers pull another one out, on to 7-0!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X