• Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by crixus View Post

GO PACK GO!
    Championship Sunday > Super Sunday

Comment

• Originally posted by Wildcat Khan View Post

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/t...l-free-agency/

I know some will sign with their teams, but who on this list do you like? You will have more luck I think looking at the free agents than the draft to get someone that can turn it around faster. For me that choice may be Fitzpatrick on who is also most likely to not be resigned. Finding a QB that can read an NFL defense right away seems more like a crap shoot for me with how many QB's drafted in the first 10 picks flame out. I can think of only 4 top QB's in the playoffs that started right away in Wilson, Rivers, Jackson, and Roethlisberger. You could argue Mitchell Trubisky, but I don't consider him in the top and he was benched this season too.
      This is an interesting article. I do have differences with it. I think Prescott is overrated, and unfortunately a question mark physically. I know there are a lot of Cam Newton haters, but I'm not one of them. However, I think he will be limited to backup jobs in the future. New Orleans might consider him if Brees does retire, as they like gadget plays and he could be very useful coming off the bench for those.

Fitzpatrick is the ultimate NFL journeyman. Not a lot of talent, but very smart and gives 110%. If I made the decisions in Miami I would keep him around. People keep saying how bad Phillip Rivers looked this year, but he looked really good to me after midseason. His numbers were very good. https://www.nfl.com/players/philip-rivers/stats/ I think the Colts should keep him as their starter.

The rest of the group would make decent backups except for Dwayne Haskins. I watched him play briefly this year. He looked absolutely terrible. Yet the same team could win with rehab patient Alex Smith, who really impressed me. Maybe Heath Shuler can offer Haskins some advice.

Comment

• This is probably the end for RGIII. Too bad, he was amazing as a rookie, but his stats with the Ravens have been horrible. This is a great run, however.

https://www.nfl.com/news/ravens-waiv...-three-seasons

Comment

• Originally posted by WT_TKW View Post

This is an interesting article. I do have differences with it. I think Prescott is overrated, and unfortunately a question mark physically. I know there are a lot of Cam Newton haters, but I'm not one of them. However, I think he will be limited to backup jobs in the future. New Orleans might consider him if Brees does retire, as they like gadget plays and he could be very useful coming off the bench for those.

Fitzpatrick is the ultimate NFL journeyman. Not a lot of talent, but very smart and gives 110%. If I made the decisions in Miami I would keep him around. People keep saying how bad Phillip Rivers looked this year, but he looked really good to me after midseason. His numbers were very good. https://www.nfl.com/players/philip-rivers/stats/ I think the Colts should keep him as their starter.

The rest of the group would make decent backups except for Dwayne Haskins. I watched him play briefly this year. He looked absolutely terrible. Yet the same team could win with rehab patient Alex Smith, who really impressed me. Maybe Heath Shuler can offer Haskins some advice.

Rivers retired today and will be coaching High School football in Alabama. I was hoping he'd play one more season because he did well overall in 2020.

Comment

• Originally posted by GrifFan View Post

Championship Sunday > Super Sunday
            That's how it usually plays out, but not always. I'm old and have watched every Super Bowl, and some of them have been great games.

https://blog.ticketmaster.com/greate...ames-all-time/

Comment

Rivers retired today and will be coaching High School football in Alabama. I was hoping he'd play one more season because he did well overall in 2020.
              Good for him. I guess he has enough money saved up to put his 9 kids through college. I was impressed with the stats at the bottom.

https://www.sandiegouniontribune.com...school-alabama

Comment

• Now that my Packers are out of the playoffs I don't have a dog in the fight anymore. But I think Andy Reid is the best coach in the NFL and I hope his Chiefs will beat the Bucs in the Super Bowl.
                Last edited by crixus; 01-24-2021, 09:17 PM.

Comment

Now that my Packers are out of the playoffs I don't have a dog in the fight anymore. But I think Andy Reid is the best coach in the NFL and I hope his Chiefs will beat the Bucs in the Super Bowl.
                  I was pulling for Aaron Rodgers. He outplayed Brady, but the Tampa defense was much better than Green Bay's. Tom will have to play a lot better in the second half in the Super Bowl to have a chance of winning.

Comment

I was pulling for Aaron Rodgers. He outplayed Brady, but the Tampa defense was much better than Green Bay's. Tom will have to play a lot better in the second half in the Super Bowl to have a chance of winning.
                    For the past two years I've been looking for a Western D2 team to root for since Humboldt State dropped their football program. I saw your Buffaloes play @ Midwestern State back in 2011 when I was in Wichita Falls on a work trip. Not only that, but the American Buffalo is one of my favorite animals. So if it's OK by you, I'm going to root for West Texas A&M as my second favorite D2 team, next to the Alderson Broaddus Battlers from now on. I was hoping Humboldt State football would return, but now that Azusa Pacific has dropped football it's clear to me that D2 football in California is gone for good.

Last edited by crixus; 01-25-2021, 08:45 PM.

Comment

For the past two years I've been looking for a Western D2 team to root for since Humboldt State dropped their football program. I saw your Buffaloes play @ Midwestern State back in 2011 when I was in Wichita Falls on a work trip. Not only that, but the American Buffalo is one of my favorite animals. So if it's OK by you, I'm going to root for West Texas A&M as my second favorite D2 team, next to the Alderson Broaddus Battlers from now on. I was hoping Humboldt State football would return, but now that Azusa Pacific has dropped football it's clear to me that D2 football in California is gone for good.

I was sorry to see both California teams drop football, especially since we played Azusa Pacific regularly.

This looks like a pretty old picture. Dustin Vaughn, who lasted a year with Dallas, is the QB I believe. We had a lot of down years after he left as our wonderful football coach Don Carthel was fired his senior year. So in the last few years we have been trying to recover from his (also fired) successor and finally had an 8-3 record in 2019. We would be glad to have another fan! You can visit the LSC forum where all year every year LSC fans hope their favorite team is about to move to D1. I have mixed emotions about a move, but WT was D1 when I went there. We played in the Missouri Valley Conference. Back then our great football coach Joe Kerbel was also fired for no good reason, and his replacement, a high school coach, wrecked the team long term. Yes, our administration does not learn from history.

https://www.d2football.com/forum/for...r-region-4/lsc

Comment

I was sorry to see both California teams drop football, especially since we played Azusa Pacific regularly.

This looks like a pretty old picture. Dustin Vaughn, who lasted a year with Dallas, is the QB I believe. We had a lot of down years after he left as our wonderful football coach Don Carthel was fired his senior year. So in the last few years we have been trying to recover from his (also fired) successor and finally had an 8-3 record in 2019. We would be glad to have another fan! You can visit the LSC forum where all year every year LSC fans hope their favorite team is about to move to D1. I have mixed emotions about a move, but WT was D1 when I went there. We played in the Missouri Valley Conference. Back then our great football coach Joe Kerbel was also fired for no good reason, and his replacement, a high school coach, wrecked the team long term. Yes, our administration does not learn from history.

https://www.d2football.com/forum/for...r-region-4/lsc
                        I took that picture at the 2011 game in Wichita Falls. I've never been to the city of Canyon, Texas but I hope to make it there someday. I'd love to see a Buffaloes home game and to go hiking in Palo Duro Canyon State Park.

Last edited by crixus; 01-25-2021, 11:59 PM.

Comment

• Kansas City is currently a 3.0 to 3.5 point favorite.

https://www.bonus.com/odds/super-bowl/

Last edited by crixus; 01-26-2021, 03:57 AM.

Comment

• Super Bowl preview, predictions, picks, odds and questions.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...efs-buccaneers
                            Last edited by crixus; 01-27-2021, 01:58 AM.

Comment

• Detroit is dealing QB Matthew Stafford to the Los Angeles Rams in exchange for two future first-round picks, a third-round pick and QB Jared Goff, per sources. Two former No. 1 overall picks trading places in the first blockbuster NFL trade of 2021.

Comment

• Rams First-Round Picks 2016: Jared Goff 2017: No pick (Titans) 2018: No pick (Patriots) 2019: No pick (Falcons) 2020: No pick (Jaguars) 2021: No pick (Jaguars) 2022: No pick (Lions) 2023: No pick (Lions)

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X